|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Pakistan was close to having nuclear capability, American aid ended under what law?
(a) Baker Amendment.
(b) Pressler Amendment.
(c) Pixler Amendment.
(d) Reagan Amendment.
2. The success of the CIA depended on Hart's ability to work with Akhtar due Rahman in developing what list?
(c) Medical supplies.
3. By September 1994, which two nations stopped funding activities in Afghanistan?
(a) U.S., Yemen.
(b) Russia, U.S.
(c) Iran, Yemen.
(d) Iran, Russia.
4. In what year did CIA agent Howard Hart become the station chief in Islamabad?
5. How was President Zia killed?
(a) Plane crash.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Commando raid.
(d) Bomb explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Massoud live from the age of 11?
2. What transpired in November 1989 that meant Afghan President Najibullah was no longer part of a world Communist movement?
3. When did the Islamic opposition revolt against the established communist Russian government in Herat, Afghanistan?
4. When was the CIA's Counterterrorist Center formed?
5. The author identified which rebel as the one the Saudis viewed as most important?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)