|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1996, Massoud's popularity stood where?
2. What was the new U.S. plan for covert war in Afghanistan known as?
(a) National Security Decision Directive Tight Fist.
(b) National Security Decision Directive U-2.
(c) National Security Decision Directive 166.
(d) National Security Decision Directive 007.
3. After he was attacked by the Soviets at Jaji, bin Laden met Aymen al-Zawahiri, preached global jihad, and initiated what sort of campaign?
(b) Commando raids.
(c) Vehicle bombings.
(d) Surface-to-air missiles.
4. The CIA did not favor the use of Stingers because they could be used by terrorists against what?
(a) Civilian airliners.
(b) Civilian ships.
(c) Civilian ambulances.
(d) Civilian freight vehicles.
5. Massoud was a top target for the Soviets because his group used and repaired captured weapons and equipment against which nationality?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point was the CIA allowed to begin operations in Afghanistan using Zia's intelligence service as an intermediary?
2. When was there a meeting in Moscow in which the Soviets decided to pull out of Afghanistan within a year or two?
3. Where was a champagne party held when the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan?
4. When did the Soviets invade Afghanistan with their goal to kill the Afghan leader, Hafizullah Amin, and install a new communist regime?
5. In what year did the Taliban form?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)