|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the new U.S. plan for covert war in Afghanistan known as?
(a) National Security Decision Directive Tight Fist.
(b) National Security Decision Directive 166.
(c) National Security Decision Directive U-2.
(d) National Security Decision Directive 007.
2. By what time had bin Laden moved to Peshawar?
3. The ISI Afghan operations director's plans to cut Soviet supply lines were frustrated when Afghan rebels refused to take part in suicide missions for what reason?
(a) It presented unnecessary risk to civilians.
(b) It was against their religious beliefs.
(c) It was an inhumane method of warfare.
(d) They could not infiltrate Soviet lines.
4. When was there a meeting in Moscow in which the Soviets decided to pull out of Afghanistan within a year or two?
(a) 31 May 1987.
(b) 12 January 1987.
(c) 21 March 1987.
(d) 13 November 1986.
5. While he received money and supplies through the CIA without the Pakistanis knowing it, Massoud had no contact with the CIA during what decade because of the CIA agreement with Pakistan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was President Zia killed?
2. In Chapter Five, what did CIA director William Casey advise President Ronald Reagan about their Afghanistan campaign?
3. Who was the new Department of State special envoy to the Afghan resistance that served from 1989-1992?
4. Schroen said the U.S., which left Afghanistan when the Soviet Union dissolved, would return for what reason?
5. After he was attacked by the Soviets at Jaji, bin Laden met Aymen al-Zawahiri, preached global jihad, and initiated what sort of campaign?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)