Prologue, Chapters 1-2
1. Gary Schroen, a CIA agent, met with Ahmed Shah Massoud, who was what?
(a) Former Afghan defense minister.
(b) Current Afghan president.
(c) Former Afghan president.
(d) Current Afghan defense minister.
2. The CIA fed what to Massoud's organization during the war with the Soviet Union?
(a) Large amounts of drugs .
(b) Large amounts of gold .
(c) Large amounts of money .
(d) Large amounts of ammunition.
3. In what year did the Taliban form?
4. What was the Taliban trying to clear Afghanistan of?
(b) Religious leaders.
(c) Elected officials.
(d) Military dictator.
5. By 1996, Massoud's popularity stood where?
6. Schroen said the U.S., which left Afghanistan when the Soviet Union dissolved, would return for what reason?
(a) Civil war.
(b) Religious conflict.
(c) Political unrest.
7. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
(a) 21 November 1979.
(b) 21 September 1979.
(c) 21 October 1979.
(d) 21 December 1979.
8. The U.S. embassy attack was coordinated by a radical group at which university?
(a) Kabul Polytechnic Institute.
(b) Quaid-I-Azam University.
(c) University of Afghanistan.
(d) Tehran University.
This section contains 4,590 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)