1. Gary Schroen, a CIA agent, met with Ahmed Shah Massoud, who was what?
(a) Former Afghan defense minister.
(b) Former Afghan president.
(c) Current Afghan defense minister.
(d) Current Afghan president.
2. The CIA fed what to Massoud's organization during the war with the Soviet Union?
(a) Large amounts of ammunition.
(b) Large amounts of money .
(c) Large amounts of gold .
(d) Large amounts of drugs .
3. In what year did the Taliban form?
4. What was the Taliban trying to clear Afghanistan of?
(a) Religious leaders.
(b) Military dictator.
(c) Elected officials.
5. By 1996, Massoud's popularity stood where?
6. Schroen said the U.S., which left Afghanistan when the Soviet Union dissolved, would return for what reason?
(b) Religious conflict.
(c) Civil war.
(d) Political unrest.
7. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
(a) 21 November 1979.
(b) 21 October 1979.
(c) 21 December 1979.
(d) 21 September 1979.
8. The U.S. embassy attack was coordinated by a radical group at which university?
(a) Quaid-I-Azam University.
(b) Tehran University.
(c) University of Afghanistan.
(d) Kabul Polytechnic Institute.
This section contains 4,590 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)