|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
(a) he tells her a story about his brother Horvendil.
(b) He tells her a story about love and war.
(c) He tells her a story about Byzantium.
(d) He tells her a story about his mother.
2. Why does Corambis agree to giving Geruthe what she asks for?
(a) Because Corambis is in love with Geruthe.
(b) Because he is aways loyal to the king.
(c) Because Geruthe asked so nicely.
(d) Because he remembers the girl she was before she married Horvendil.
3. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
(a) That the bird was not worth any money.
(b) That she let the bird get sick.
(c) That the bird was violent.
(d) That she did not value the falcon until it was gone.
4. After Fengon returns from Lokisheim, where does he immediately go to in the castle?
(a) The audience chamber.
(b) To see Geruthe.
(c) To plead with Horvendil.
(d) The orchard.
5. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Befriend Claudius.
(b) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
(c) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
(d) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
2. What language inspires Fengon's choice of name?
3. How does Geruthe describe her idea of love?
4. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
5. What is Gertrude's personal regret about her marriage and King Hamlet's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the name changes that take place upon Claudius's coronation.
2. Describe the difference between Fengon's idea of love and intimacy and how it is different than Geruthe's.
3. Describe the plan to kill Horvendil.
4. Describe how Fengon feels about his brother while he is in the audience chamber.
5. Why does Gertrude agree to marry Claudius so soon after King Hamlet's death?
6. Describe why Geruthe suddenly wants to be rid of Corambis.
7. Describe why the first secret meeting with Fengon and Geruthe at the lodge is an awkward event for both characters.
8. Describe the situation that causes Geruthe to desire Fengon.
9. Describe why Claudius is angry with Hamlet after King Hamlet's death.
10. Why does Horvendil think that Ophelia is a poor choice for a wife?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)