|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horvendil describe Geruthe's attention in the past months?
2. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
(a) She is scared that Fengon will not love her back.
(b) She wants more from Fengon.
(c) She is worried about the sin she is committing.
(d) She is not attracted to Fengon.
3. What is the sin that Fengon believes Geruthe and himself have committed in their affair?
(a) That they have been dishonest.
(b) Breaking Geruthe's marriage vows.
(c) That they have been unloyal.
(d) Breaking the laws of love and nature.
4. Why does Fengon come to see Geruthe at the lodge?
(a) He intends to break the romance with Geruthe.
(b) He wants to conspire to take the throne.
(c) He wants to persue his romance with Geruthe.
(d) He intends to murder Geruthe.
5. How does Fengon enter the lodge to meet Geruthe?
(a) Through the kitchen door.
(b) Through the roof on accident.
(c) Through the window of the bedchamber.
(d) At the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fengon and Corambis speculate about how the king died?
2. Why does Geruthe summon Corambis on a day that the king is out?
3. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
4. Why does Horvendil disapprove of Geruthe´s suggestion for their son's future wife?
5. Why does Corambis tell Fengon the king's afternoon plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Horvendil behaves in the audience chamber when he speaks to Fengon.
2. Describe why Geruthe suddenly wants to be rid of Corambis.
3. Describe some reasons why Claudius wants Hamlet to stay at Elsinore and not at Wittenberg.
4. Describe two reasons why Horvendil wants Hamblet to return from his studies at Wittenberg.
5. What does Geruthe need from Fengon to confirm that he really loves and understands her?
6. Describe why Claudius is angry with Hamlet after King Hamlet's death.
7. What does Horvendil infer about how his son spends his nights at the university compared to what Geruthe infers?
8. What did Geruthe do with Bathsheba the falcon?
9. How does Gertrude feel about the King's death?
10. Why does Horvendil think that Ophelia is a poor choice for a wife?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)