|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
(a) He had renounced his country.
(b) He had renounced his loyality to his brother.
(c) He had renounced his love for Geruthe.
(d) He had renounced the sight, sound, and scent of Geruthe.
2. Who kills Horvendil?
3. Why does Corambis tell Fengon the king's afternoon plans?
(a) So that Fengon can plan a chance to talk again with Horvendil.
(b) So that Fengon can meet with Geruthe one last time.
(c) So that Fengon can plan a good time to kill Horvendil.
(d) So that Fengon can help Corambis escape the castle.
4. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
(b) Promote him and his family.
(c) Run him out of the country.
(d) Kill him.
5. Why does Geruthe summon Corambis on a day that the king is out?
(a) Because she thinks Corambis would tell the king if he were in the castle.
(b) Because she thinks that the king would interfer in their conversation.
(c) Because she is afraid that the king would be curious about their conversation.
(d) Because she is afraid Corambis will not see her if the king is near.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fengon come to see Geruthe at the lodge?
2. Where does Geruthe pass her time waiting in the lakeside lodge?
3. Why does Geruthe want to get rid of Corambis?
4. What does Horvendil intend to do with Fengon?
5. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Horvendil behaves in the audience chamber when he speaks to Fengon.
2. What was Corambis's involvement with the king's murder?
3. What do Fengon and Corambis say about the king´s death?
4. Describe Geruthe's feelings immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace.
5. Describe how Geruthe asks for the help of Corambis in order to secretly meet with Fengon.
6. Describe some reasons why Claudius wants Hamlet to stay at Elsinore and not at Wittenberg.
7. What has changed in Fengon after he leaves the audience chamber with Horvendil?
8. How does Gertrude feel about the King's death?
9. Why does Horvendil think that Ophelia is a poor choice for a wife?
10. Describe the name changes that take place upon Claudius's coronation.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)