|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Geruthe's intention with Fengon the third time she meets with him?
(a) She plans to bring him to the king for treason.
(b) She plans to put a stop to their secret meetings.
(c) She plans to kiss him.
(d) She plans to tell him to leave Denmark.
2. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
(a) One month after King Hamlet's death.
(b) One year after King Hamlet's death.
(c) Five weeks after King Hamlet's death.
(d) Five days after King Hamlet's death.
3. How does Gertrude feel about King Hamlet's death?
4. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
5. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geruthe want from Fengon?
2. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet's disposition to women?
3. What is the first present that Fengon gives Geruthe when they meet for the second time?
4. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
5. What is one reason Horvendil wants his son, Hamblet, to return from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has changed in Fengon after he leaves the audience chamber with Horvendil?
2. What do Fengon and Corambis say about the king´s death?
3. Describe why Claudius is angry with Hamlet after King Hamlet's death.
4. What does Geruthe need from Fengon to confirm that he really loves and understands her?
5. Describe why Geruthe suddenly wants to be rid of Corambis.
6. How does Gertrude feel about the King's death?
7. Describe the situation that causes Geruthe to desire Fengon.
8. Describe how Fengon feels about his brother while he is in the audience chamber.
9. Describe Geruthe's feelings immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace.
10. Describe the difference between Fengon's idea of love and intimacy and how it is different than Geruthe's.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)