|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first present that Fengon gives Geruthe when they meet for the second time?
(a) A silk scarf.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A beautiful doll.
(d) A cloisonny pendant.
2. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
(a) People made victim of a bad king.
(b) People making bad decisions.
(c) People forced into bad situations.
(d) Disrupting the flow of goodness from God to king to the people.
3. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
(a) He tells Geruthe that she could look better.
(b) He enters the lodge in a very rough and awkward manner.
(c) He falls on the steps and injures his knee.
(d) He gives Geruthe a rose.
4. Why does Fengon race to Lokisheim and then return to Elsinore?
(a) He needs to retrieve a poison to kill the king.
(b) He must hide evidence from the king.
(c) He must retrieve weapons.
(d) He must tell his servents to hide his posessions.
5. What do Fengon and Corambis speculate about how the king died?
(a) They suspect that he died of old age.
(b) They suspect that a serpent must have bit the king.
(c) They suspect that the king ate something bad for lunch.
(d) They suspect that a roving theif attacked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Geruthe describe her idea of love?
2. Why does Horvendil disapprove of Geruthe´s suggestion for their son's future wife?
3. Who kills Horvendil?
4. Where does Geruthe pass her time waiting in the lakeside lodge?
5. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Geruthe do with Bathsheba the falcon?
2. Describe the difference between Fengon's idea of love and intimacy and how it is different than Geruthe's.
3. What do Fengon and Corambis say about the king´s death?
4. Describe how Geruthe asks for the help of Corambis in order to secretly meet with Fengon.
5. What does Geruthe need from Fengon to confirm that he really loves and understands her?
6. Describe two reasons why Horvendil wants Hamblet to return from his studies at Wittenberg.
7. Describe why Geruthe suddenly wants to be rid of Corambis.
8. How does Gertrude feel about the King's death?
9. Describe Geruthe's feelings immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace.
10. What was Corambis's involvement with the king's murder?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)