|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Section 2 (page 20 to 38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horwendil talk about on the trip after their wedding?
(a) He talks about how fun the party was.
(b) He talks about how he will make a great king.
(c) He talks about who was and was not at their wedding.
(d) He talks about how beautiful Gerutha is.
2. Where does the original ancient Hamlet legend come from?
(a) John Updike.
(c) Historia Danica of Saxo Grammaticus.
(d) Ancient greek mythology.
3. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(b) It means that Gerutha is sick.
(c) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
(d) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
4. Who is Feng's Falconer?
5. How does Horwendil make the songbirds sing for Gerutha?
(a) He releases them into the forest.
(b) He shakes the cages until they are frightened into singing.
(c) He sings until they sing with him.
(d) He trains them with seeds for treats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gerutha move back to Elsinore?
2. Which of the following is a name in Part 1?
3. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
4. What did Gerutha want to name her son?
5. Which statement best describes Gerutha's attitude about marrying Horwendil?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)