|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Section 2 (page 20 to 38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the names in Part 2 of the story come from?
(a) From John Updike's presumptions about the origin of names.
(b) From a different publisher's edition in 1890.
(c) From an adaptation that was printed in 1576.
(d) From Shakespeare.
2. Where do the names in Part 3 of the story come from?
(a) From an old English reprint of the second edition.
(b) From John Updike's sources.
(c) From Shakespeare's previous drama, since the story is a sequel.
(d) From the source used by Shakespeare, which was probably German in origin.
3. What did Gerutha want to name her son?
(b) Rorik, after her father.
(c) Horwendil, after her husband.
4. Who is Magrit married to?
5. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
(a) Horwendil is an excellent father.
(b) Horwendil is a rich merchant.
(c) Horwendil is a great athlete.
(d) Horwendil is a brave and well-loved ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a name in Part 2?
2. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
3. What words best describe Amleth as a baby and child?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
5. Who is Laertes?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)