|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Section 1 (through page 19).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
(a) He does not say he loves her.
(b) He holds Gerutha but talks about how to feed the birds.
(c) He does not bring her an engagement ring.
(d) He holds Gerutha but does not kiss her.
2. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
(a) He trys to bribe her with more money.
(b) He promises to find a different husband for her.
(c) He sends her away to England.
(d) He maintains a sense of humor but is stern.
3. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
(a) Her mother disappeared.
(b) Her mother left the family to live in France.
(c) Her mother died.
(d) Her mother was removed from the family.
4. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
(a) He is athletic and strong.
(b) He writes poetry and is very intelligent.
(c) He is romantic and desires her attention.
(d) He constantly dismisses her attempts to rouse him.
5. Who is Ljot related to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rorik believe about love?
2. Why does Gerutha use the phrase ". . . no woman wants to be a mere piece of furniture, to be bartered for and then sat upon?"
3. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
4. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
5. Which of the following is a name in Part 2?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)