|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Section 1 (through page 19).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
(a) He maintains a sense of humor but is stern.
(b) He trys to bribe her with more money.
(c) He promises to find a different husband for her.
(d) He sends her away to England.
2. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) The Twelfth Night.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
3. What does Gerutha fear about being attracted to a man?
(a) That she will not be attractive to him.
(b) That she will eventually become a submissive old woman.
(c) That she will never have a career.
(d) That she will eventually become a very rich woman.
4. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He loves her more.
(b) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He becomes angry and violent.
5. Where do the names in Part 3 of the story come from?
(a) From the source used by Shakespeare, which was probably German in origin.
(b) From an old English reprint of the second edition.
(c) From John Updike's sources.
(d) From Shakespeare's previous drama, since the story is a sequel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
2. Who is Ljot related to?
3. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
4. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
5. The story begins in what country?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)