|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Section 1 (through page 19).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rorik believe about love?
(a) That love must be earned by good deeds.
(b) That love comes naturally between a man and a woman.
(c) That love is not necessary in a marriage.
(d) That love is a silly idea for weak men.
2. Which character reflects on a difficulty in loving Hamlet?
(d) King Hamlet.
3. Where do the names in Part 2 of the story come from?
(a) From John Updike's presumptions about the origin of names.
(b) From Shakespeare.
(c) From an adaptation that was printed in 1576.
(d) From a different publisher's edition in 1890.
4. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Corambus' daughter.
(b) Ona's daughter.
(c) Horwendil's sister.
(d) Feng's daughter.
5. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. The story begins in what country?
2. Who is Sandro?
3. Why does Gerutha use the phrase ". . . no woman wants to be a mere piece of furniture, to be bartered for and then sat upon?"
4. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
5. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)