|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Section 1 (through page 19).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
(a) He is interested in being a loving husband.
(b) He intends to be a good husband and ruler.
(c) He intends to marry her to increase his own position and wealth.
(d) He intends to be honest and trustworthy with her.
2. Where do the names in Part 2 of the story come from?
(a) From a different publisher's edition in 1890.
(b) From Shakespeare.
(c) From John Updike's presumptions about the origin of names.
(d) From an adaptation that was printed in 1576.
3. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
(a) He holds Gerutha but talks about how to feed the birds.
(b) He holds Gerutha but does not kiss her.
(c) He does not bring her an engagement ring.
(d) He does not say he loves her.
4. Who is Ljot related to?
5. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He loves her more.
(d) He is amused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
2. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
3. Where do the names in Part 3 of the story come from?
4. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
5. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)