|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Section 1 (page 163 to 187).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
(a) He holds Gerutha but does not kiss her.
(b) He holds Gerutha but talks about how to feed the birds.
(c) He does not say he loves her.
(d) He does not bring her an engagement ring.
2. What is Geruthe's intention with Fengon the third time she meets with him?
(a) She plans to kiss him.
(b) She plans to tell him to leave Denmark.
(c) She plans to bring him to the king for treason.
(d) She plans to put a stop to their secret meetings.
3. In what season do Gerutha and Horwendil get married?
4. Which point sparks the argument over Amleth leaving to study in the next year?
(a) That Horwendil is leaving the country for a time.
(b) That Amleth is unhappy at Elsinore.
(c) That Amleth is disturbed by the friendship between Gerutha and Feng.
(d) That Horwendil is unsatisfied with Gerutha.
5. Where does the original ancient Hamlet legend come from?
(b) Ancient greek mythology.
(c) Historia Danica of Saxo Grammaticus.
(d) John Updike.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
2. Why does Feng leave Denmark?
3. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
4. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
5. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)