|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Section 3 (page 129 to 162).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Horvendil like about his son's chosen area of study?
(a) That it is not useful.
(b) That it is not congruent with the beliefs of the church.
(c) That it will make him a weak king.
(d) That it will make him a poor husband.
2. When does Horvendil summon Fengon to inform him that the affair with Geruthe is common knowledge?
(a) The beginning of spring.
(b) Christmas time.
(c) The end of August.
(d) The end of October.
3. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Promote him and his family.
(b) Run him out of the country.
(c) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
(d) Kill him.
4. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
(b) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
(c) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
(d) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
5. What does Horwendil talk about on the trip after their wedding?
(a) He talks about how fun the party was.
(b) He talks about how he will make a great king.
(c) He talks about how beautiful Gerutha is.
(d) He talks about who was and was not at their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
2. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
3. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
4. How does Horvendil describe Fengon in the audience chamber?
5. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)