|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Section 3 (page 129 to 162).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason Horvendil wants his son, Hamblet, to return from school?
(a) To reform the church.
(b) To study kingship.
(c) To meet his brother.
(d) To help his mother.
2. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) A week.
(b) Some months.
(c) A few days.
(d) Some years.
3. Horvendil asks Fengon why he has always had such hatred. How does Fengon respond to this question?
(a) Fengon says he has hated him since childhood, because he has always been favored.
(b) Fengon replies by leaving the audience chamber.
(c) Fengon says it is not hate, but feels tht Horvendil is "strangely negligible."
(d) Fengon replies with silence.
4. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
(a) She suggests that they never speak of this again.
(b) She suggests that they speak to Horvendil.
(c) She suggests that Fengon should leave Denmark.
(d) She suggests they meet outside of the castle.
5. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
(b) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
(c) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
(d) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Horvendil killed?
2. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
3. Why does Gerutha move back to Elsinore?
4. What words best describe Gerutha as a wife?
5. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)