|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Section 3 (page 129 to 162).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horvendil think of Geruthe's actions in the affair?
(a) He believes she was lead into sin by Fengon.
(b) He believes that she was an evil woman all along.
(c) He believes she should be severely punished.
(d) He believes that she planned it all herself and should be punished accordingly.
2. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
(a) Horwendil does not want more children.
(b) They try, but Gerutha is unable to get pregnant.
(c) They can't afford to have more children.
(d) Gerutha does not want more children.
3. What is the sin that Fengon believes Geruthe and himself have committed in their affair?
(a) Breaking Geruthe's marriage vows.
(b) Breaking the laws of love and nature.
(c) That they have been unloyal.
(d) That they have been dishonest.
4. When Rorik asks Gerutha about the state of her marriage, how does she respond?
(a) She tells Rorik that it is a terrible marriage and it is his fault.
(b) She tells Rorick that it is a profitable business.
(c) She tells Rorik that her marriage is in excellent shape.
(d) She tells Rorick that she has never been happier.
5. What character seems to agree with Amleth the most?
(a) Ona, his grandmother.
(b) Yorik, the court jester.
(c) Rorik, his grandfather.
(d) Horwendil, his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Corambus resentful of Horwendil?
2. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
3. Why does Geruthe break the embrace with Fengon?
4. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
5. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)