|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yank do in his younger days?
2. Where does Lou Dimes work?
3. What war did Coot fight in?
4. What did Gil want most?
5. Who is Aunt Glo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the significance of the argument between Mat and his wife?
2. What color was the dress Corrine wore and the color of the bedspread used to cover the body? Why is this important?
3. Why did Jacob feel bad about the death of his sister Tessie when he had nothing to do with her murder?
4. What was the nature of the relationship between Candy and Lou?
5. Why was Bea unconcerned that Beau had been killed?
6. What are the Major and Miss Bea doing?
7. How does the reader know where the story is taking place?
8. What was the significance of Chimley's name?
9. Why did Candy want more men and more shotguns at Mathu's house?
10. Who were Salt and Pepper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the old black men brave now but hadn't been before?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the story of Fix and his men. Had anything changed through the years? What had changed?
Essay Topic 3
How did Mapes change from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)