|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped raise Candy?
2. What color is Clabber's skin?
3. When did Chimley not mind being called by his nickname?
4. Why did Miss Merle bring a pie?
5. When Miss Merle arrives back at the Marshall house, what does she tell Bea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Tucker's brother and what was the battle that brought man against machine?
2. Who were Salt and Pepper?
3. Why did Gil look at Cal like he hated him?
4. How can readers tell that Gram Mon is poor?
5. What is the significance of Janey scolding Snookum to call Candy "Miss Candy" and Lou "Mr. Lou?"
6. What had happened on the river that narrowed the fishing area for Chimley and Mat?
7. Who are the Major and Miss Bea?
8. What was the goal of Reverend Jameson?
9. What was the significance of Chimley's name?
10. Why did Clatoo stop the truck before he got to Mathu's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How will this town be different in the future? Will the events of this day make an impact and really change things, or will everything go back to the way it always was?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Mapes and Mathu. Describe their friendship. Why are they important to their own people? How will their lives change from the events of this day?
Essay Topic 3
How did each person telling their story make an impact on the story as a whole?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)