|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke Will notice about Tee Jack at the end of chapter 13?
(a) That he wants to join the lynch mob.
(b) That he closes the back room.
(c) That he is scared.
(d) That he has more free liquor.
2. Why does Candy slap Lou in the car?
(a) Lou proposes again, at a very odd time.
(b) Lou says he is going to write a story about this for the newspaper.
(c) Lou says that Mathu is now free of her.
(d) Lou tries to start the car and drive away.
3. During the shoot-out, what does Lou tell Mapes when he crawls over to him?
(a) "We have to move you."
(b) "Your deputy resignes."
(c) "You're hit."
(d) "You're in the way."
4. What phrase does Charlie keep saying over and over again?
(a) I kill Beau.
(b) I need a tractor to work in the fields.
(c) I need a better house.
(d) I'm a man.
5. What does Leroy do for most of the time that the shoot-out is going on?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He has trouble aiming his gun.
(c) He gets mad and starts firing his gun as fast as he can.
(d) He is sniveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Gil want his father to take about the death of his brother, Beau?
2. During the shoot-out, who is calling on God?
3. After talking on the radio, Mapes makes an announcement to the group. What news does he share?
4. Who are the three funerals for?
5. What happens when Charlie and Mapes go out the front door?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)