|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the shoot-out, Mapes tells Luke Will that someone is in charge? Who?
2. Charlie tells his story about the death of Beau. Why does Charlie say Beau chases him with a gun?
(a) Charlie is not working hard.
(b) Charlie hits Beau with his fist.
(c) Charlie tells him he is quiting.
(d) Charlie calls him a name.
3. During the shoot-out, what does Mapes say to Lou?
(a) "You're an idiot."
(b) "You're in charge."
(c) "My deputy is a coward."
(d) "I'm shot."
4. Why does Candy slap Lou in the car?
(a) Lou proposes again, at a very odd time.
(b) Lou says he is going to write a story about this for the newspaper.
(c) Lou tries to start the car and drive away.
(d) Lou says that Mathu is now free of her.
5. During the shoot-out, where is Snookum when Lou notices him?
(a) He crawls through and is now under the front porch.
(b) He is in the outhouse.
(c) He is on the front porch next to Mapes.
(d) He is in Lou's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the trial, what is the racial makeup of the observing crowd?
2. After Mapes talks to Russell on the radio, he tells the group of old black men what he knows about Fix and his men. Who talks Candy into ending the events of the day?
3. What is Lou doing in the final moments of the shoot-out?
4. How old is Charlie?
5. When Charlie confesses to the murder, who does Charlie refer to as "Parrain"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)