|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did the trail go on?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) 3 days.
2. What was Leroy's reaction?
(a) He laughed.
(b) He was sniveling.
(c) He had trouble aiming his gun.
(d) He got mad and starting firing his gun as fast as he could.
3. What do all the old black men, and women and children do after Charlie dies?
(a) They cover him with a bedspread and pray.
(b) They kill Luke Will and his gang.
(c) They all touch him as a sign of honor.
(d) They blame Mathu for the death of Charlie.
4. Who gets "winged?"
(b) Leroy, one of Luke Will's men.
5. Who agreed with Gil?
(a) His brother Jean.
(c) Luke Will.
(d) His brother Claude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Charlie?
2. What happens when Charlie and Mapes go out the front door?
3. What did Fix do when Gil did not agree with him?
4. Where is Snookum when Lou notices him?
5. Why did Beau come after Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Fix need all his sons to agree on a course of action?
2. How many funerals were there?
3. How many days did the trial last?
4. How was Gil welcomed by the people gathered at his father's house?
5. Who did Mapes put in charge after he was wounded?
6. What was the "nigger room" a symbol of?
7. What did Mapes mean when he told Luke Will that Charlie was now in charge?
8. How did Mapes get the group of old men to decide to end the evening?
9. What does Charlie do when the shoot-out begins?
10. Why is it important that this chapter is narrated by a child?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)