|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Gil is talking to his father, who is sitting in Fix's lap?
(a) Fix's son.
(b) Fix's wife.
(c) Beau's son.
(d) Beau's wife.
2. What does Dirty Red keep asking Charlie?
(a) If he believes in God.
(b) What he sees back in the swamps.
(c) If he really kills Beau.
(d) If he is going to kill Luke Will and Fix.
3. Why does Mathu look down on all the other old black men?
(a) They are cowards and never stand up for themselves.
(b) They own their own houses, and Mathu still works on the Marshall land.
(c) They do not work as hard at Mathu.
(d) They are not as dark skinned as Mathu, they are not as African.
4. What does Fix do when Gil does not agree with him?
(a) Fix insists that Gil raise Beau's son.
(b) Fix does not speak to Gil inside the house.
(c) Fix has his gang run Gil out of town.
(d) Fix banishes Gil from the house.
5. What does Jack Marshall do every day?
(a) Jack Marshall runs the Marshall plantation with his niece Candy.
(b) Jack Marshall is the head of the lynch mob.
(c) Jack Marshall comes into Tee Jack's store and drinks and stares at the door to the "nigger room".
(d) Jack Marshall runs the concrete plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie tells his story about the death of Beau. Why does Charlie say Beau chases him with a gun?
2. Who gets "winged"?
3. What do all the old black men, and women and children do after Charlie dies?
4. After Candy's mother and father die, who is SUPPOSED to raise her?
5. What does Mathu ask Snookum to get from the house when the sandwiches come?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)