|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking on the radio, Mapes makes an announcement to the group. What news does he share?
(a) That Mathu is wanted in two other states for crimes there.
(b) That Luke Will and a lynch mob are coming.
(c) That Mapes fires his deputy.
(d) That Fix is not coming.
2. After the old men talk privately inside of Mathu's house, they call Mapes into the house. Why?
(a) Charlie is afraid of Fix and wants police protection.
(b) Mapes tells them earlier that they have 15 minutes and the old men know their time is up.
(c) Charlie wants to challenge Mapes.
(d) Charlie wants to confess to the murder and turn himself in.
3. During the shoot-out, where is Snookum when Lou notices him?
(a) He is on the front porch next to Mapes.
(b) He is in Lou's car.
(c) He is in the outhouse.
(d) He crawls through and is now under the front porch.
4. What is Lou doing in the final moments of the shoot-out?
(a) He is waving his arms, trying to get people to stop shooting.
(b) He is shooting at the tractor.
(c) He is organizing the men to stand and hoop and shoot.
(d) He is hiding under the house with Snookum.
5. When Charlie confesses to the murder, who does Charlie refer to as "Parrain"?
(b) Gram Mon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Charlie keep saying over and over again?
2. What does Snookum say that almost gives away Candy's entire plan?
3. What does Leroy do for most of the time that the shoot-out is going on?
4. What does Dirty Red keep asking Charlie?
5. Who are the three funerals for?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)