|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou tell Mapes when he crawled over to him?
(a) "We have to move you."
(b) "You're hit."
(c) "You're in the way."
(d) "Your deputy resigned."
2. How old is Charlie?
3. Who were the three funerals for?
(a) Beau, Luke Will and Mathu.
(b) Charlie, Mapes and Luke Will.
(c) Mapes, Leroy and Luke Will.
(d) Luke Will, Beau, and Charlie.
4. Who was sitting on the bed crying?
(a) Beau's son.
(d) Beau's wife.
5. How far did Charlie go before he was hit?
(a) To the ditch.
(b) Across the yard.
(c) Three or Four steps.
(d) To the tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Candy and puts her in his car?
2. Once the old men are in the field, what do they do?
3. What does Luke Will say to Mapes about Charlie?
4. Why did Beau come after Charlie?
5. What action did Gil want his father to take about the death of his brother, Beau?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Miss Merle do to show her disgust at the crowd of old black men?
2. What was Tee Jack afraid of?
3. Why is it important that this chapter is narrated by a child?
4. Describe the final moments of the shoot-out.
5. How did Mapes get the group of old men to decide to end the evening?
6. What is Leroy's reaction to getting shot?
7. Who did Mapes put in charge after he was wounded?
8. How many days did the trial last?
9. Why did Mapes call Charlie "Mr. Biggs?"
10. Why was it important for Charlie to come forward and confess to the murder of Beau?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)