|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agreed with Gil?
(a) His brother Jean.
(b) His brother Claude.
(c) Luke Will.
2. Who welcomed Gil at the door of his father's house?
3. What does Luke Will's gang do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Luke Will's gang threatens Tee Jack that they will be back.
(b) Luke Will's gang sits in the "nigger room" to finish their drinks.
(c) Luke Will's gang asks for supplies for the lynching from Tee Jack but he refuses.
(d) Luke Will's gang finish their drinks and leave.
4. How far did Charlie go before he was hit?
(a) To the ditch.
(b) To the tractor.
(c) Across the yard.
(d) Three or Four steps.
5. What was Leroy's reaction?
(a) He had trouble aiming his gun.
(b) He was sniveling.
(c) He got mad and starting firing his gun as fast as he could.
(d) He laughed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the old men call Mapes into the house?
2. Who does Charlie call Parrain?
3. What did Fix do when Gil did not agree with him?
4. Who in the store (bar) thinks that the police should handle the murder?
5. What did Mathu ask Snookum to get from the house when the sandwiches came?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie prove he is a man?
2. What is Leroy's reaction to getting shot?
3. What did Miss Merle do to show her disgust at the crowd of old black men?
4. Why is it important that this chapter is narrated by a child?
5. What does Charlie do when the shoot-out begins?
6. How many days did the trial last?
7. Describe the final moments of the shoot-out.
8. Why was it important for Charlie to come forward and confess to the murder of Beau?
9. What did Mapes mean when he told Luke Will that Charlie was now in charge?
10. Why did Fix need all his sons to agree on a course of action?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)