|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was calling on God?
(a) Reverend Jameson.
(c) Lou Dimes.
(d) Gram Mon.
2. Why do the old men call Mapes into the house?
(a) Charlie is afraid of Fix and wants police protection.
(b) Charlie wants to challenge Mapes.
(c) Charlie wants to confess to the murder and turn himself in.
(d) Mapes told them they had 15 minutes and the old men know their time is up.
3. What does Tee Jack do to calm Luke Will and his friends?
(a) Tee Jack gives Luke Will and his boys liquor for free.
(b) Tee Jack tell the professor to shut up.
(c) Tee Jack reminds Luke Will that his store/bar is still segregated.
(d) Tee Jack offers to help with the lynching.
4. Why did Mathu look down on all the other old black men?
(a) They were not as dark skinned as Mathu, they were not as African.
(b) They did not work as hard at Mathu.
(c) They owned their own houses, and Mathu still worked on the Marshall land.
(d) They were cowards and never stood up for themselves.
5. Who really raised Candy?
(a) Lou Dimes.
(c) Miss Merle and Mathu.
(d) Gram Mon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Leroy's reaction?
2. Who picks up Candy and puts her in his car?
3. Where is Snookum when Lou notices him?
4. Who gets shot and cannot move from his position?
5. What did Candy do when she waved goodbye to the old men?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the shoot-out began, how did the old black men get organized and decide what to do?
2. What was Tee Jack afraid of?
3. How many days did the trial last?
4. Why was it important for Charlie to come forward and confess to the murder of Beau?
5. Why did Fix need all his sons to agree on a course of action?
6. What did Mapes mean when he told Luke Will that Charlie was now in charge?
7. Who came in from the kitchen and what was he doing there?
8. How many funerals were there?
9. How were the old men getting a bathroom break?
10. What does Charlie do when the shoot-out begins?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)