|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrater of this chapter is on which side of the shoot-out?
(a) Snookum is on Candy's side.
(b) Sharp is on Luke Will's side.
(c) Mapes is not on anyone's side, but is now defending himself against Luke Will's gang.
(d) Charlie is on his own side.
2. How did Candy's mother and father die?
(a) Of natural causes.
(b) Working in the fields.
(c) In a plane crash.
(d) In a car wreck.
3. Who gets "winged?"
(b) Leroy, one of Luke Will's men.
4. Who did Luke Will say was in charge?
5. What does Jack Marshall do every day?
(a) Jack Marshall is the head of the lynch mob.
(b) Jack Marshall runs the Marshall plantation with his niece Candy.
(c) Jack Marshall comes into Tee Jack's store and drinks and stares at the door to the "nigger room."
(d) Jack Marshall runs the concrete plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sitting in Fix's lap?
2. How old is Charlie?
3. What does Luke Will's gang do at the end of the chapter?
4. Who gets shot and cannot move from his position?
5. Who talks Candy into ending the events of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mapes call Charlie "Mr. Biggs?"
2. How many days did the trial last?
3. How many funerals were there?
4. How was Gil welcomed by the people gathered at his father's house?
5. What did Mapes mean when he told Luke Will that Charlie was now in charge?
6. Describe the final moments of the shoot-out.
7. Why was it important for Charlie to come forward and confess to the murder of Beau?
8. How did Mapes get the group of old men to decide to end the evening?
9. What is Leroy's reaction to getting shot?
10. What was the "nigger room" a symbol of?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)