|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who welcomed Gil at the door of his father's house?
2. Where did Snookum hide during the shoot-out?
(a) He ran out the kitchen door and into the outhouse.
(b) He hid next to Gram Mon.
(c) He crawled under the house.
(d) He hid in the kitchen.
3. When Luke Will ran out of shells, what did Charlie offer?
(a) More shells.
(b) To stop the shoot-out.
(c) To surrender.
(d) To kill him.
4. Why do the old men call Mapes into the house?
(a) Charlie is afraid of Fix and wants police protection.
(b) Mapes told them they had 15 minutes and the old men know their time is up.
(c) Charlie wants to challenge Mapes.
(d) Charlie wants to confess to the murder and turn himself in.
5. What was different about the way Yank hollered?
(a) He hollered in a very low voice.
(b) He hollered the way you holler at a rodeo.
(c) He hollered just like all the other men.
(d) He hollered with a very southern accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke Will's gang do at the end of the chapter?
2. Who gets shot and cannot move from his position?
3. Who talks Candy into ending the events of the day?
4. What was Lou doing in the final moments of the shoot-out?
5. What would bring the court to laughing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who came in from the kitchen and what was he doing there?
2. How was Gil welcomed by the people gathered at his father's house?
3. What was Tee Jack afraid of?
4. Describe the final moments of the shoot-out.
5. Why was it important for Charlie to come forward and confess to the murder of Beau?
6. What did Mapes mean when he told Luke Will that Charlie was now in charge?
7. How did Mapes get the group of old men to decide to end the evening?
8. How does Charlie prove he is a man?
9. How many funerals were there?
10. How many days did the trial last?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)