|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke Will notice about Tee Jack at the end of chapter 13?
(a) That he wants to join the lynch mob.
(b) That he closes the back room.
(c) That he is scared.
(d) That he has more free liquor.
2. Why does Candy slap Lou in the car?
(a) Lou proposes again, at a very odd time.
(b) Lou says he is going to write a story about this for the newspaper.
(c) Lou says that Mathu is now free of her.
(d) Lou tries to start the car and drive away.
3. During the shoot-out, what does Lou tell Mapes when he crawls over to him?
(a) "We have to move you."
(b) "Your deputy resignes."
(c) "You're hit."
(d) "You're in the way."
4. What phrase does Charlie keep saying over and over again?
(a) I kill Beau.
(b) I need a tractor to work in the fields.
(c) I need a better house.
(d) I'm a man.
5. What does Leroy do for most of the time that the shoot-out is going on?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He has trouble aiming his gun.
(c) He gets mad and starts firing his gun as fast as he can.
(d) He is sniveling.
6. What action does Gil want his father to take about the death of his brother, Beau?
(a) Gil wants to let the police arrest the suspect.
(b) Gil wants Sully to talk to Mathu.
(c) Gil wants to form a lynch mob and pick up Mathu.
(d) Gil wants his father, Fix, to talk to Mathu.
7. During the shoot-out, who is calling on God?
(a) Gram Mon.
(b) Reverend Jameson.
(c) Lou Dimes.
8. After talking on the radio, Mapes makes an announcement to the group. What news does he share?
(a) That Mathu is wanted in two other states for crimes there.
(b) That Mapes fires his deputy.
(c) That Luke Will and a lynch mob are coming.
(d) That Fix is not coming.
9. Who are the three funerals for?
(a) Charlie, Mapes and Luke Will.
(b) Beau, Luke Will and Mathu.
(c) Luke Will, Beau, and Charlie.
(d) Mapes, Leroy and Luke Will.
10. What happens when Charlie and Mapes go out the front door?
(a) The deputy arrests Charlie.
(b) Luke Will shows up.
(c) Mapes handcuffs Charlie.
(d) The old men follow them out.
11. Charlie tells his story about the death of Beau. Why does Charlie say Beau chases him with a gun?
(a) Charlie is not working hard.
(b) Charlie tells him he is quiting.
(c) Charlie calls him a name.
(d) Charlie hits Beau with his fist.
12. When Gil tells his father what he thinks about his brother's death, who agrees with Gil?
(a) His brother Claude.
(b) His brother Jean.
(c) Luke Will.
13. While Gil is talking to his father, who is sitting in Fix's lap?
(a) Fix's son.
(b) Beau's wife.
(c) Fix's wife.
(d) Beau's son.
14. Who gets "winged"?
(b) Leroy, one of Luke Will's men.
15. What does Charlie do before he charges Luke Will?
(a) Shoots Leroy.
(b) Decides to give up.
(c) Yells at Luke Will to give up.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the shoot-out, what does Mapes say to Lou?
2. Where does Snookum hide during the shoot-out?
3. What does Dirty Red keep asking Charlie?
4. Who is the first person to get shot in the shoot-out?
5. What does Fix do when Gil does not agree with him?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)