|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou tell Mapes when he crawled over to him?
(a) "You're hit."
(b) "Your deputy resigned."
(c) "You're in the way."
(d) "We have to move you."
2. Who welcomed Gil at the door of his father's house?
3. How old is Charlie?
4. Who gets "winged?"
(c) Leroy, one of Luke Will's men.
5. What has Charlie done his whole life until today?
(a) Got drunk.
(b) Ran away from anything that scared him.
(c) Killed white men.
(d) Worked hard on the plantation.
6. Why do the old men call Mapes into the house?
(a) Charlie wants to challenge Mapes.
(b) Charlie is afraid of Fix and wants police protection.
(c) Mapes told them they had 15 minutes and the old men know their time is up.
(d) Charlie wants to confess to the murder and turn himself in.
7. Who was calling on God?
(a) Lou Dimes.
(b) Gram Mon.
(d) Reverend Jameson.
8. What would bring the court to laughing?
(a) When people saw the men all banged up and bandaged.
(b) When nicknames for the old men were used in court.
(c) When they saw Judge Reynolds.
(d) When people walked by outside.
9. What did Miss Merle bring?
(a) Sandwiches in baskets.
(b) More guns.
(c) More empty shells.
(d) Four more men.
10. Who talks Candy into ending the events of the day?
(d) Johnny Paul.
11. What does Mapes say to Lou?
(a) "You're an idiot."
(b) "I'm shot."
(c) "My deputy is a coward."
(d) "You're in charge."
12. Who in the store (bar) thinks that the police should handle the murder?
(b) Tee Jack.
(c) The quiet professor.
(d) Jack Marshall
13. Who was sitting in Fix's lap?
(a) Beau's wife.
(b) Beau's son.
(c) Fix's wife.
(d) Fix's son.
14. Who did Luke Will say was in charge?
15. Who agreed with Gil?
(a) His brother Jean.
(c) Luke Will.
(d) His brother Claude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Charlie keep saying over and over again?
2. What action did Gil want his father to take about the death of his brother, Beau?
3. What does Tee Jack do to calm Luke Will and his friends?
4. Who narrates this chapter?
5. Why does Candy slap Lou in the car?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)