Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leroy do for most of the time that the shoot-out is going on?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He gets mad and starts firing his gun as fast as he can.
(c) He is sniveling.
(d) He has trouble aiming his gun.
2. During the trial, what is the racial makeup of the observing crowd?
(a) About half black and half white.
(b) All white, as blacks are not allowed in the courtroom.
(c) All black.
(d) All white on the main floor and a few blacks in the balcony.
3. Who picks up Candy and puts her in his car?
(a) Lou Dimes.
(c) Johnny Paul.
4. When Gill arrives at his father's house, who is sitting on the bed crying?
(a) Beau's son.
(c) Beau's wife.
5. What does Tee Jack do to calm Luke Will and his friends?
(a) Tee Jack offers to help with the lynching.
(b) Tee Jack reminds Luke Will that his store/bar is still segregated.
(c) Tee Jack gives Luke Will and his boys liquor for free.
(d) Tee Jack tells the professor to shut up.
6. Who shows up from the back of the house at the end of chapter 14?
(a) Lou Dimes.
(b) Charlie Biggs.
(d) Luke Will.
7. Who are the three funerals for?
(a) Beau, Luke Will and Mathu.
(b) Charlie, Mapes and Luke Will.
(c) Luke Will, Beau, and Charlie.
(d) Mapes, Leroy and Luke Will.
8. What does Snookum say that almost gives away Candy's entire plan?
(a) Snookum says he wants some ice water or he tells Mapes who shoots Beau.
(b) Snookum says he wants another sandwich because Candy doesn't give him anything to run and get everybody.
(c) Snookum says that Candy promises him sandwiches if he keeps his mouth shut.
(d) Snookum says Gram Mon wants a second sandwich because she is cooking dinner when someone shoots Beau.
9. Charlie tells his story about the death of Beau. Why does Charlie say Beau chases him with a gun?
(a) Charlie hits Beau with his fist.
(b) Charlie tells him he is quiting.
(c) Charlie calls him a name.
(d) Charlie is not working hard.
10. After Candy's mother and father die, who is SUPPOSED to raise her?
(a) Candy's aunt and uncle.
(b) Gram Mon.
(c) Mathu and Miss Merle.
(d) Lou Dimes.
11. Once the old men are in the field, what do they do?
(a) They hide in the swamps.
(b) They spread out, rise up and hoop and then fire at Luke Will and his gang.
(c) They are confused and don't know what to do next.
(d) They lay low and stay quiet.
12. What does Luke Will say to Mapes about Charlie?
(a) Luke Will tells Mapes that Mathu is the murderer, not Charlie.
(b) Luke Will tells Mapes to "hand him over".
(c) Luke Will tells Mapes that he's going to beat Charlie.
(d) Luke Will tells Mapes that he wants to talk to Charlie.
13. What does Luke Will's gang do at the end of chapter 13?
(a) Luke Will's gang finish their drinks and leave.
(b) Luke Will's gang asks for supplies for the lynching from Tee Jack, but he refuses.
(c) Luke Will's gang threatens Tee Jack that they are coming back.
(d) Luke Will's gang sits in the "nigger room" to finish their drinks.
14. During the shoot-out, where is Snookum when Lou notices him?
(a) He is on the front porch next to Mapes.
(b) He is in Lou's car.
(c) He crawls through and is now under the front porch.
(d) He is in the outhouse.
15. While Gil is talking to his father, who is sitting in Fix's lap?
(a) Fix's wife.
(b) Beau's son.
(c) Fix's son.
(d) Beau's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The old men want to talk inside the house alone. They do not want Candy in the house with them. Candy gets very angry. What does Mapes say is Candy's motivation?
2. Who is the first person to get shot in the shoot-out?
3. Who shoots Mapes?
4. During the shoot-out, what does Lou tell Mapes when he crawls over to him?
5. How many days does the trail go on?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)