|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beau come after Charlie?
(a) Charlie was not working hard.
(b) Charlie called him a name.
(c) Charlie told him he was quiting.
(d) Charlie hit Beau with his fist.
2. Who gets shot and cannot move from his position?
(b) Lou Dimes.
(d) Luke Will.
3. After talking on the radio, Mapes makes an announcement to the group. What news does he share?
(a) That Mathu is wanted in two other states for crimes there.
(b) That Luke Will and a lynch mob are coming.
(c) That Mapes fired his deputy.
(d) That Fix is not coming.
4. What was Leroy's reaction?
(a) He had trouble aiming his gun.
(b) He laughed.
(c) He was sniveling.
(d) He got mad and starting firing his gun as fast as he could.
5. Who does Charlie call Parrain?
(d) Gram Mon.
6. What does Jack Marshall do every day?
(a) Jack Marshall is the head of the lynch mob.
(b) Jack Marshall runs the Marshall plantation with his niece Candy.
(c) Jack Marshall runs the concrete plant.
(d) Jack Marshall comes into Tee Jack's store and drinks and stares at the door to the "nigger room."
7. Where is Snookum when Lou notices him?
(a) He is on the front porch next to Mapes.
(b) He has crawled through and is now under the front porch.
(c) He is in Lou's car.
(d) He is in the outhouse.
8. What happens when Charlie and Mapes go out the front door?
(a) Luke Will shows up.
(b) The old men follow them out.
(c) Mapes handcuffs Charlie.
(d) The deputy arrests Charlie.
9. Who did Luke Will say was in charge?
10. The old men want to talk inside the house alone. They do not want Candy in the house with them. Candy gets very angry. What does Mapes say is Candy's motivation?
(a) She does not run the Marshall plantation, and she wants to be in charge.
(b) She blames Mathu for her upbringing.
(c) She is trying to protect them, but it will do no good.
(d) She wants to keep them all slaves.
11. How far did Charlie go before he was hit?
(a) To the tractor.
(b) To the ditch.
(c) Across the yard.
(d) Three or Four steps.
12. Who picks up Candy and puts her in his car?
(b) Lou Dimes.
(c) Johnny Paul.
13. Who talks Candy into ending the events of the day?
(d) Johnny Paul.
14. What does Charlie do before he charges Luke Will?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Decides to give up.
(c) Yells at Luke Will to give up.
(d) Shoots Leroy.
15. What did Miss Merle bring?
(a) Four more men.
(b) Sandwiches in baskets.
(c) More empty shells.
(d) More guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different about the way Yank hollered?
2. What did Lou tell Mapes when he crawled over to him?
3. Where did Snookum hide during the shoot-out?
4. Who welcomed Gil at the door of his father's house?
5. Who is the first person to get shot in the shoot-out?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)