|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men begin saying one at a time?
(a) That they would never leave.
(b) That they were hungry.
(c) They each confessed to the murder of Beau.
(d) How much they each hated Beau.
2. Why did the two men continue to fish after they heard about the murder?
(a) They were waiting for their wives to call them to dinner.
(b) They were waiting for further instructions.
(c) The were scared because of what had happened in the past.
(d) They were thinking about where to hide.
3. What was next to Beau's body?
(a) Sugar cane.
(b) A tractor that was still running.
(c) Reverend Jameson
(d) Mathu's shotgun.
4. How many miles did Lou drive from Baron rouge to Marshall?
(a) One hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
5. Where does Lou Dimes work?
(a) At a newspaper in Baton Rouge.
(b) At the concrete plant.
(c) In the sugar can fields.
(d) At the Marshall's main house.
6. When did Chimley not mind being called by his nickname?
(a) When Candy talked to him.
(b) When Mr. Lou talked to him.
(c) When his friends were talking to him.
(d) When his momma talked to him.
7. What did Mapes have in his mouth most of the time?
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A Life Saver candy.
8. Who narrates this chapter?
(b) Lou Dimes.
9. How was Gable's son put to death?
(a) He was lynched.
(b) He died during a beating.
(c) The electric chair.
(d) He was shot.
10. Who was the only man who didn't have a gun?
(b) The Reverend Jameson.
(c) Dirty Rd.
11. Why didn't the coroner want to get out of the car?
(a) He was afraid of Candy.
(b) He was afraid of Mapes.
(c) He saw all the men with guns.
(d) He didn't walk very well.
12. What does Bea need before she will think of more names?
(a) Another drink.
(c) To wake the Major.
(d) A gun.
13. Who helped raise Candy?
(b) Miss Merle.
14. What did Candy ask Corrine to get from inside the house?
(a) Something to cover the body.
(b) People hiding in the house.
(c) More guns.
(d) Some food and drink.
15. Where does Janey live?
(a) At the Marshall house.
(b) At Mathu's house.
(c) At the quarters.
(d) In Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dirty Red and his family known for?
2. What does Snookum see at Mathu's house?
3. Where did Chimley keep his number five shells?
4. Why did Mat feel good about what they were doing?
5. How did the fight start between Fix and Mathu?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)