|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of flowers did Jack Toussaint grow?
2. Who did Ella call?
(a) Uncle Billy's house.
(b) The police.
(c) Miss Merle.
(d) Mathu's house.
3. What color is Clabber's skin?
(a) Light Brown. Clabber is part American Indian.
(b) White. Clabber is an albino.
(c) Very dark like Mathu. He also is almost full African descent.
(d) Red. Clabber does not know his parent's heritage.
4. When Miss Merle arrives back at the Marshall house, what does she tell Bea?
(a) That she brought an apple pie for Jack.
(b) That Beau Boutan is dead.
(c) That she needs a drink.
(d) That she needs a twelve-gauge shotgun.
5. On their way out of town, what happened to Gil and Sully?
(a) They were in a car wreck.
(b) They got lost going to Marshall.
(c) They had to drop Cal back at his dorm.
(d) People recognized Gil and wanted to wish him well in the game.
6. Who was Tessie?
(a) Chimley's wife.
(b) A white woman who claimed she was raped by Jacob.
(c) Jacob's mother.
(d) Jacob's sister.
7. What happened when Mat returned home with his fish?
(a) He got in his car and drove to Mathu's house.
(b) He got in an arguement with his wife, Ella.
(c) He started cleaning the fish.
(d) He kissed Ella hello at the door.
8. Why was the coroner afraid to get out of his car?
(a) The deputy told him not to move.
(b) He realized that all the old black men were armed.
(c) Mapes looked angry because it took him so long to get there.
(d) Candy threatened to shoot him.
9. What are the tractor's getting closer and closer to?
(a) The houses at the quarters.
(b) The black graveyard.
(c) Mathu's house.
(d) Candy's house.
10. How many miles did Lou drive from Baron rouge to Marshall?
(a) Five hundred.
(d) One hundred.
11. What was Beulah angry about?
(a) She thought that everyone was going to get killed that day.
(b) That all the old black men had guns.
(c) The way black women had been treated through the years.
(d) Everyone was hungry and needed food.
12. What did Candy always wear?
(b) Pants and shirts, never dresses.
(d) Shorts and t-shirts.
13. Why did Snookum not get along with Reverend Jameson?
(a) The Reverend thought Snookum cheated at marbles.
(b) The Reverend didn't like Snookum begging for food.
(c) The Reverend thought Snookum was the murderer.
(d) The Reverend thought Snookum should be in church more.
14. When Gil arrived at the scene of the crime, how long had his brother been dead?
(a) About two hours.
(b) About a half a day.
(c) About four hours.
(d) About a full day.
15. Why doesn't Janey tell Miss Bea about the murder?
(a) She thinks it would be like "talking to a wall."
(b) Miss Bea is still asleep and Janey doesn't want to wake her.
(c) Because Miss Bea in drunk on the porch swing.
(d) Miss Bea hated Beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mathu look down on some of the men who arrived to help him?
2. Who baked the apple pie?
3. Where did Chimley keep his number five shells?
4. How did Candy's parents die?
5. Who helped raise Candy?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)