|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chimley tell his wife when he left the house?
(a) The find more men and guns and send them along.
(b) To gather all the women and meet him at Mathu's
(c) To have the fish ready to eat when he returned.
(d) To quit bugging him.
2. Why did Mathu look down on some of the men who arrived to help him?
(a) Because they were poorer than him.
(b) Because they worked for other people.
(c) Because they had lighter skin than Mathu.
(d) Because they were lazy in his eyes.
3. How did Chimley fire his gun?
(a) Out the window.
(b) At his wife to scare her.
(c) At Mathu.
(d) Up into the trees at the graveyard.
4. What did Mat tell his wife about the shotguns?
(a) He saw some rabbits he wanted to shoot.
(b) There was a lynch mob on the way.
(c) He said they were going hunting.
(d) There was trouble at Mathu's house.
5. According to Chimley's story, who got in a fistfight with Fix?
(c) The sheriff.
6. Who was Tessie?
(a) Jacob's mother.
(b) A white woman who claimed she was raped by Jacob.
(c) Jacob's sister.
(d) Chimley's wife.
7. Why did Billy miss when he shot at the rabbit?
(a) Billy did not have good eyesight.
(b) Billy heard a shot in the distance that scared him.
(c) Billy was known to be a very bad shot with a gun.
(d) Billy jumped because he thought it was a snake.
8. When Miss Merle arrives back at the Marshall house, what does she tell Bea?
(a) That she needs a drink.
(b) That Beau Boutan is dead.
(c) That she brought an apple pie for Jack.
(d) That she needs a twelve-gauge shotgun.
9. Why did Janey keep looking down toward the highway?
(a) Janey was looking for the police.
(b) Janey was waiting for Miss Merle.
(c) Janey was looking for Fix.
(d) Janey was looking for Mr. Lou.
10. Who is Aunt Glo?
(c) Gram Mon.
11. What two things did Mapes ask his deputy, Griffin, to say on the radio?
(a) To call Fix and tell him to stay put and to call Miss Merle for some sandwiches.
(b) To tell Russ to keep Fix at the bayou and Herman to come pick up the body.
(c) To call Lou Dimes and Miss Bea.
(d) To talk to Fix and tell him to come right away and call for backup.
12. What was Dirty Red and his family known for?
(a) They kept the graveyard clean.
(b) They were considered lazy.
(c) They were sharecroppers.
(d) They were known as good sugar cane workers.
13. When Miss Merle is talking about "Jack" who is she referring to?
(b) The Major.
14. Why did Clatoo let the men out of the truck before they arrived at Mathu's?
(a) They were out of room in the truck.
(b) Clatoo wanted to go pick up more supplies.
(c) Clatoo thought those men should walk.
(d) Clatoo wanted to pick up more men and all walk to Mathu's together,
15. When Miss Merle arrives at Mathu's house, what is the first thing that happens?
(a) Mathu fires at the car.
(b) Candy confesses to the murder.
(c) Snookum finally gets something to eat.
(d) Lou Dimes confesses to the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hadn't Cherry shot his gun?
2. What are the tractor's getting closer and closer to?
3. Where did Sully drive Gil?
4. Janey calls two people on the phone. Who are they?
5. How was Yank dressed?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)