|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Yank dressed?
(a) In shorts and a white shirt.
(b) In a clean shirt and pants.
(c) Like he was going to church.
(d) Like a cowboy.
2. What was Beulah angry about?
(a) Everyone was hungry and needed food.
(b) The way black women had been treated through the years.
(c) That all the old black men had guns.
(d) She thought that everyone was going to get killed that day.
3. Why was Lou not at work?
(a) He was out eating dinner.
(b) He was on assignment.
(c) He had taken the day off.
(d) He was at Candy's house.
4. What did Mapes have in his mouth most of the time?
(a) A Life Saver candy.
(b) A cigar.
(d) A toothpick.
5. Who was Tessie?
(a) Jacob's mother.
(b) Chimley's wife.
(c) Jacob's sister.
(d) A white woman who claimed she was raped by Jacob.
6. Why didn't the coroner want to get out of the car?
(a) He was afraid of Candy.
(b) He didn't walk very well.
(c) He was afraid of Mapes.
(d) He saw all the men with guns.
7. What did Clatoo do with the shoe box?
(a) He hid the shoe box behind the second block under the house.
(b) He hid the shoe box in the field out back.
(c) He hid the shoe box in the outhouse.
(d) He hid the shoe box in the kitchen.
8. What was Chimley sitting on while he was fishing?
(a) A bucket.
(b) A chair.
(c) A log.
(d) The back of his truck.
9. According to Chimley's story, who got in a fistfight with Fix?
(c) The sheriff.
10. Why did people call Sully T.V.?
(a) He liked the Twilight Zone T.V. show.
(b) He was a T.V. nut.
(c) He watched T.V. only at night.
(d) He had a sixth-sense when something was about to happen.
11. How did Mapes know Mathu?
(a) They had hunted and fished together.
(b) They grew up together.
(c) Mathu had worked for Mapes.
(d) They had been in a fistfight with each other.
12. When Ella tried to call the sheriff, what did Mat do?
(a) He left with Clatoo in the truck.
(b) He had Chimley talk to his wife.
(c) He ripped the phone out of the wall.
(d) He threw a fish at Ella's head.
13. What color is Clabber's skin?
(a) White. Clabber is an albino.
(b) Light Brown. Clabber is part American Indian.
(c) Very dark like Mathu. He also is almost full African descent.
(d) Red. Clabber does not know his parent's heritage.
14. Who helped raise Candy?
(b) Miss Merle.
15. Who arrived at the end of the chapter?
(a) A lynch mob.
(b) Mape's backup.
(c) Candy's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the fight start between Fix and Mathu?
2. What did Candy say to Miss Merle when she saw her?
3. Where did Chimley keep his number five shells?
4. What did Candy ask Snookum to do?
5. What did Snookum want for a reward for running the errand?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)