|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What days did Mat and Chimley fish on the river?
(a) Tuesdays and Thursdays.
(b) Mondays and Wednesdays.
(c) Sundays after church.
(d) Saturdays only.
2. When Miss Merle arrives back at the Marshall house, what does she tell Bea?
(a) That she needs a drink.
(b) That she brought an apple pie for Jack.
(c) That she needs a twelve-gauge shotgun.
(d) That Beau Boutan is dead.
3. When Gil arrived at the scene of the crime, how long had his brother been dead?
(a) About a full day.
(b) About two hours.
(c) About a half a day.
(d) About four hours.
4. What kind of a cap was Chimley wearing?
(a) A very smart dress hat.
(b) His army hat.
(c) A straw hat.
(d) A Dodgers' baseball cap.
5. What time is it when Miss Merle spots the Major asleep in the swing?
(a) Around dinnertime.
(b) Before 12:30 p.m.
(c) 6:00 a.m.
(d) After 1:00 p.m.
6. Where does Lou Dimes work?
(a) At the concrete plant.
(b) At the Marshall's main house.
(c) In the sugar can fields.
(d) At a newspaper in Baton Rouge.
7. What color is Clabber's skin?
(a) White. Clabber is an albino.
(b) Red. Clabber does not know his parent's heritage.
(c) Very dark like Mathu. He also is almost full African descent.
(d) Light Brown. Clabber is part American Indian.
8. Why had Coot not worn his WWI uniform in years?
(a) It didn't fit well anymore.
(b) White men beat him up for wearing it in public.
(c) Nobody knew what it meant.
(d) White men told him not to wear it in public.
9. Where does Lou Dimes work?
(a) The newspaper in Baton Rouge.
(b) The Marshall house.
(c) The sugar cane fields.
(d) The concrete plant.
10. Why did Snookum not get along with Reverend Jameson?
(a) The Reverend thought Snookum cheated at marbles.
(b) The Reverend didn't like Snookum begging for food.
(c) The Reverend thought Snookum was the murderer.
(d) The Reverend thought Snookum should be in church more.
11. What position did Sully play on the LSU football team?
(b) 3rd string quarterback.
12. When Miss Merle arrives at Mathu's house, what is the first thing that happens?
(a) Snookum finally gets something to eat.
(b) Lou Dimes confesses to the murder.
(c) Candy confesses to the murder.
(d) Mathu fires at the car.
13. Who did Ella call?
(a) The police.
(b) Miss Merle.
(c) Mathu's house.
(d) Uncle Billy's house.
14. How did Candy's parents die?
(a) In an airplane crash.
(b) Of natural causes.
(c) In a car wreck.
(d) They were murdered.
15. What did Miss Merle see when she turned into the quarters?
(a) Men everywhere with shotguns.
(b) Candy's black LTD.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Miss Merle in such a hurry to get to the quarters?
2. Why was Lou not at work?
3. Why did Billy miss when he shot at the rabbit?
4. Why doesn't Janey tell Miss Bea about the murder?
5. Why do Mat and Chimley fish only in one small spot?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)