|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Glo?
(d) Gram Mon.
2. Why did Cherry not like the sight of an empty cane field?
(a) It made him feel lonely.
(b) He was sad that there was no work left for the year.
(c) It reminded him of how the tractors plowed the fields and hurt the land.
(d) He preferred the site of a cane field about to be plowed.
3. Why hadn't Cherry shot his gun?
(a) He was afraid the gun was too old and might not work.
(b) He thought he might see a good rabbit.
(c) He wanted to shoot with the other men.
(d) He wanted to shoot it at the graveyard.
4. Mapes asked his deputy to call someone back in town. Who?
(a) Call for backup.
(b) Russell and Herman.
(c) Miss Bea and the Major.
5. Where did the group of old men walk to?
(a) To the bank of the river.
(b) To the cane fields.
(c) Back to Dirty Red's house.
(d) The black graveyard.
6. When did Chimley not mind being called by his nickname?
(a) When his momma talked to him.
(b) When his friends were talking to him.
(c) When Mr. Lou talked to him.
(d) When Candy talked to him.
7. What was Mathu always bragging about?
(a) About being a good shot.
(b) About his friends.
(c) About how fast he could work.
(d) About not having white man's blood in his veins.
8. Who did Ella call?
(a) Mathu's house.
(b) Miss Merle.
(c) Uncle Billy's house.
(d) The police.
9. What did Gil want most?
(a) To kill the man who killed his brother.
(b) To be All-American with Cal.
(c) To finish school without any trouble.
(d) To do whatever his dad, Fix wanted him to do.
10. Who teased Billy when he missed the rabbit?
(b) Dirty Red.
11. What did Chimley's wife say when Chimley came home?
(a) She asked him where he'd been.
(b) She told him to wipe his feet at the door.
(c) She asked him if he was going to play cards that evening.
(d) She didn't want to clean the fish.
12. Where does Lou Dimes work?
(a) The concrete plant.
(b) The newspaper in Baton Rouge.
(c) The Marshall house.
(d) The sugar cane fields.
13. Where did the group walk to at the end of the chapter?
(a) To town to get the sheriff.
(b) To Mathu's house.
(c) To Clatoo's truck.
(d) To the white graveyard.
14. Why was Clatoo dressed in a nice shirt and bow tie?
(a) He sold vegetables out of his truck and always wanted to remind people that he was a businessman.
(b) He had just returned from church with Reverend Jameson.
(c) He had just been to a funeral.
(d) He was returning from work.
15. Why did people call Sully T.V.?
(a) He liked the Twilight Zone T.V. show.
(b) He watched T.V. only at night.
(c) He had a sixth-sense when something was about to happen.
(d) He was a T.V. nut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chimley not like white people calling him by his nickname?
2. What did Candy always wear?
3. What kinds of flowers did Jack Toussaint grow?
4. What did Snookum want for a reward for running the errand?
5. When Ella tried to call the sheriff, what did Mat do?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)