|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Lou not at work?
(a) He was out eating dinner.
(b) He had taken the day off.
(c) He was at Candy's house.
(d) He was on assignment.
2. What was Chimley sitting on while he was fishing?
(a) A log.
(b) A chair.
(c) The back of his truck.
(d) A bucket.
3. Where did the group walk to at the end of the chapter?
(a) To Mathu's house.
(b) To Clatoo's truck.
(c) To the white graveyard.
(d) To town to get the sheriff.
4. How did Candy's parents die?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) In a car wreck.
(c) In an airplane crash.
(d) Of natural causes.
5. When Miss Merle is talking about "Jack" who is she referring to?
(a) The Major.
6. Who does Janey work for?
(a) Mr. Lou.
(b) The Major and Miss Bea.
(c) Miss Merle.
7. What position did Gil play on the football team?
8. Who tells Mat and Chimley that there has been a murder?
9. Why was Gable's sixteen-year-old son put to death?
(a) Gable's son ran away from home.
(b) Gable's son started a fight in town and hit a white man.
(c) A white woman claimed he raped her.
(d) Gable's son stared at a white man's wife.
10. Why was the coroner afraid to get out of his car?
(a) He realized that all the old black men were armed.
(b) Candy threatened to shoot him.
(c) The deputy told him not to move.
(d) Mapes looked angry because it took him so long to get there.
11. How did Tucker's brother Silas get into trouble with white people?
(a) Silas stole a white man's tractor.
(b) Silas talked to a white woman.
(c) Silas and his mules won a contest with Fix's tractor.
(d) Silas dated a white woman.
12. Who is Aunt Glo?
(d) Gram Mon.
13. Why did people call Sully T.V.?
(a) He was a T.V. nut.
(b) He watched T.V. only at night.
(c) He had a sixth-sense when something was about to happen.
(d) He liked the Twilight Zone T.V. show.
14. What two things did Mapes ask his deputy, Griffin, to say on the radio?
(a) To call Fix and tell him to stay put and to call Miss Merle for some sandwiches.
(b) To call Lou Dimes and Miss Bea.
(c) To talk to Fix and tell him to come right away and call for backup.
(d) To tell Russ to keep Fix at the bayou and Herman to come pick up the body.
15. What was next to Beau's body?
(a) Sugar cane.
(b) Mathu's shotgun.
(c) A tractor that was still running.
(d) Reverend Jameson
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janey's job?
2. What time is it when Miss Merle spots the Major asleep in the swing?
3. What instructions did Candy give to Snookum about Mr. Lou?
4. What war did Coot fight in?
5. Why do Mat and Chimley fish only in one small spot?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)