|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of flowers does Jack Toussaint grow?
2. Why does Mat decide to go to Mathu's?
(a) Mat thinks it is his last chance.
(b) Mat thinks it is a good place to hide.
(c) Mat doesn't have anywhere else to go.
(d) Mat thinks it is better than going home.
3. Why is Clatoo dressed in a nice shirt and bow tie?
(a) He is returning from work.
(b) He goes to a funeral.
(c) He returns from church with Reverend Jameson.
(d) He sells vegetables out of his truck and always wants to remind people that he is a businessman.
4. Why does Billy miss when he shoots at the rabbit?
(a) Billy is known to be a very bad shot with a gun.
(b) Billy does not have good eyesight.
(c) Billy hears a shot in the distance that scares him.
(d) Billy jumps because he thinks it is a snake.
5. Who tells Mat and Chimley that there is a murder?
6. Why does Snookum not get along with Reverend Jameson?
(a) The Reverend doesn't like Snookum begging for food.
(b) The Reverend thinks Snookum should be in church more.
(c) The Reverend thinks Snookum is the murderer.
(d) The Reverend thinks Snookum cheats at marbles.
7. What is Janey's job?
(c) Field worker.
8. How does Mapes, the sheriff, prove that Uncle Billy does not shoot Beau?
(a) Mapes looks at Uncle Billy's gun.
(b) Mapes notices how thick Uncle Billy's glasses are.
(c) Mapes asks Uncle Billy to aim at one of the bean poles and shoot.
(d) Mapes tells Uncle Billy to shoot Mathu.
9. What position does Gil play on the football team?
10. On the day of the murder, what is happening the next day that affects Gil's thinking?
(a) A demonstration on campus.
(b) A county fair.
(c) A big football game between LSU and Ole Miss.
(d) A big football practice that Gil attends.
11. What position does Sully play on the LSU football team?
(c) Third string quarterback.
12. What is Mathu always bragging about?
(a) About not having white man's blood in his veins.
(b) About his friends.
(c) About how fast he works.
(d) About being a good shot.
13. Why does Mat feel good about what they are doing?
(a) He wants to go to jail to get away from his wife.
(b) He doesn't work hard in a long time.
(c) He feels they are finally taking a stand and doing something different.
(d) He feels he is getting old and he wants to shoot a gun again.
14. What does Candy always wear?
(a) Shorts and t-shirts.
(c) Pants and shirts, never dresses.
15. How does Mapes know Mathu?
(a) They hunt and fish together.
(b) They grow up together.
(c) Mathu works for Mapes.
(d) They are in a fistfight with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles does Lou drive from Baron rouge to Marshall?
2. Where does Chimley keep his number five shells?
3. Who teases Billy when he misses the rabbit?
4. What happens when Mat returns home with his fish?
5. Why do people call Sully T.V.?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)