|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles did Lou drive from Baron rouge to Marshall?
(a) One hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
2. What is Janey's job?
(b) Field worker.
3. Where does Janey tell Miss Merle that Beau was killed?
(a) In the sugar cane field.
(b) In the quarters.
(c) In Baton Rouge.
(d) At the Marshall main house.
4. Why did Jacob feel bad about his sister's death?
(a) He saw it happen but didn't know how to swim to save her.
(b) He never liked his sister and wished her dead many times.
(c) He didn't stand up for her or say anything at the time of her death.
(d) He was too little to do anything about it.
5. Who is Aunt Glo?
(d) Gram Mon.
6. What kinds of flowers did Jack Toussaint grow?
7. Who is Snookum's grandmother?
(c) Gram Mon
8. What kind of a cap was Chimley wearing?
(a) A Dodgers' baseball cap.
(b) A straw hat.
(c) His army hat.
(d) A very smart dress hat.
9. Why was Clatoo dressed in a nice shirt and bow tie?
(a) He sold vegetables out of his truck and always wanted to remind people that he was a businessman.
(b) He had just been to a funeral.
(c) He was returning from work.
(d) He had just returned from church with Reverend Jameson.
10. What does Snookum see at Mathu's house?
(a) Rufe hoeing in his garden.
(b) Corrine in her kitchen eating.
(c) Reverend Jameson standing over a body.
(d) A dead body.
11. What did Miss Merle see when she turned into the quarters?
(a) The tractor.
(b) Men everywhere with shotguns.
(c) Candy's black LTD.
(d) All of the above.
12. Who carried his gun like a soldier?
13. Why did Mat feel good about what they were doing?
(a) He felt he was getting old and he wanted to shoot a gun again.
(b) He hadn't worked hard in a long time.
(c) He wanted to go to jail to get away from his wife.
(d) He felt they were finally taking a stand and doing something different.
14. When Gil arrived at the scene of the crime, how long had his brother been dead?
(a) About a half a day.
(b) About four hours.
(c) About a full day.
(d) About two hours.
15. Why did Miss Merle bring a pie?
(a) For Candy, because she had heard about the murder.
(b) For Miss Bea because she wanted a favor.
(c) For Jack, the Major, because she likes him.
(d) For Janey, because she needed help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Oliver?
2. What did Chimley's wife say when Chimley came home?
3. What position did Sully play on the LSU football team?
4. Why is Miss Merle in such a hurry to get to the quarters?
5. Why did people call Sully T.V.?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)