Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What is the significance of Janey scolding Snookum to call Candy "Miss Candy" and Lou "Mr. Lou"?
2. How can readers tell that Gram Mon is poor?
3. How does the reader know where the story is taking place?
4. How do readers know the year this story is taking place?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. Who is Janey? Who does she work for? What does she do?
6. Who are the Major and Miss Bea?
This section contains 1,009 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)