1. Who is Snookum's grandmother?
(b) Gram Mon.
2. At the very beginning of the story, what does Candy ask Snookum to do?
(a) Run and get Aunt Glo.
(b) Run and get Lou Dimes.
(c) Run and get people to gather at Mathu's house.
(d) Run and get Toddy and Minnie.
3. What does Snookum see at Mathu's house?
(a) Rufe hoeing in his garden.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Corrine in her kitchen eating.
(d) Reverend Jameson standing over a body.
4. Why does Snookum not get along with Reverend Jameson?
(a) The Reverend doesn't like Snookum begging for food.
(b) The Reverend thinks Snookum should be in church more.
(c) The Reverend thinks Snookum is the murderer.
(d) The Reverend thinks Snookum cheats at marbles.
5. What instructions does Candy give to Snookum about Mr. Lou?
(a) Candy tells Snookum to have Janey call Mr. Lou.
(b) Candy tells Snookum to call Mr. Lou on the phone inside Mathu's house.
(c) Candy tells Snookum to run fetch Mr. Lou from the newspaper.
(d) Candy tells Snookum to bring Mr. Lou back with him and she gives Snookum a treat.
This section contains 5,924 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)