|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That detachment was what allowed Gandhi to move with what?
(a) Such peace.
(b) Such purpose.
(c) Such happiness.
(d) Such energy.
2. The idea was detachment from the result of one's actions, so that one's focus is on what?
(c) One's needs.
(d) The spirit of his actions.
3. When one meditates, one drives what deep into the consciousness?
(c) The highest ideals.
4. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
(a) Ask God to take the fear.
(b) Ignore it.
(d) Replace it in one's mind with a mantra of joy.
5. Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear started when?
(a) He moved to South Africa.
(b) He studied law in England.
(c) He was first married.
(d) He was a child and was afraid of the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patanjali say?
2. When one's love is deep enough, Sri Krishna explains to the eager Arjuna, selfish attachment, insecurity, fear and despair will do what?
3. His body was so light and strong that what happened?
4. What must be driven out of the mind?
5. Who is Patanjali?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
2. What is meant by detachment?
3. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
4. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
5. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
6. How is a mantra important?
7. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
8. How does detachment help Gandhi?
9. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
10. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)