|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear started when?
(a) He was first married.
(b) He was a child and was afraid of the dark.
(c) He studied law in England.
(d) He moved to South Africa.
2. People came burdened and overwhelmed with their troubles, and left how?
(a) Less burdens and troubles.
(b) With new burdens and troubles.
(c) With new ideas and beliefs.
(d) Laughing and lighthearted.
3. Easwaran opens the chapter entitled Mother and Child by asking the question of how such a personal evolution could have come about, and how the evolution of a single person could effect what?
(a) Such sweeping interpersonal change.
(b) Such sweeping political change.
(c) Such sweeping political and interpersonal change.
(d) Such a minor political and interpersonal change.
4. Easwaran explains that most people see life in terms of what?
(a) People have and do not have.
(b) People have, like, desire, and fear.
(c) People fear.
(d) People want.
5. What must be driven out of the mind?
(c) The highest ideals.
(d) The small, distracting, and petty things that distract the mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that most of Gandhi's ashram were women led Gandhi to say in response to their gentle strength that if non-violence is the future of humanity, then the future is what?
2. Sri Krishna says that the wise person's love for the Lord of Love does what?
3. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
4. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
5. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by detachment?
2. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
3. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
4. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
5. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
6. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
7. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
8. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
9. How does detachment help Gandhi?
10. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)