|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(c) Sharing and community.
2. How did Gandhi feel about meditation?
(b) Confident and content.
(c) Tired and unsure.
(d) Energized and invigorated.
3. Evenings for Gandhi were made up of what kind of meals?
4. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
(a) Most of his life.
(b) The very essence of his being.
(c) His private life.
(d) His public life.
5. What did Gandhi call the secret to the art of living?
(a) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prayer meetings featured readings from what?
2. When did Gandhi meditate?
3. Who is Patanjali?
4. Kasturbai kept her faith in her husband's character even when what happened?
5. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does detachment help Gandhi?
2. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
3. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
4. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
5. How does Easwaran closes this chapter?
6. How do most people see life?
7. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
8. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
9. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
10. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)