|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Evenings for Gandhi were made up of what kind of meals?
2. What was one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
(a) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
3. What did Gandhi say as he died?
(a) I love all human kind.
(b) Good bye.
(c) His mantra, "rama, rama, rama."
(d) He knows not what he does.
4. On what does one who loves the Lord of Love focus?
(a) How to love oneself.
(b) Where to find love.
(c) Giving love to others.
(d) Living in the spirit of love.
5. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
(a) Understand others.
(b) Find joy and peace.
(c) Find peace and exercise judgment.
(d) Love others fully.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to detachment, what was a guiding principle from the Gita to which Gandhi aspired?
2. What did Gandhi keep no matter the situation?
3. When followers stopped asking questions, Gandhi would focus on what?
4. Gandhi called the Bhagavad Gita what?
5. The two of them became what for men and women throughout India?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
2. What is meant by detachment?
3. How does detachment help Gandhi?
4. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
5. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
6. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
7. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
8. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
9. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
10. How is a mantra important?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)