|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Patanjali?
(a) Gandhi's follower.
(b) Gandhi's closest friend.
(c) The ancient Indian teacher of meditation.
(d) A leader in India.
2. When did Gandhi meditate?
(a) Every morning at six or seven.
(b) Every morning at three or four.
(c) Every afternoon at three or four.
(d) Every evening at eight or nine.
3. In addition to detachment, what was a guiding principle from the Gita to which Gandhi aspired?
(a) Love for others.
(b) Undivided singleness of mind.
(c) A calm mind.
(d) Love for the God of Love.
4. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
(a) A mantra.
(b) Enough sleep.
5. The idea was detachment from the result of one's actions, so that one's focus is on what?
(a) The spirit of his actions.
(c) One's needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that most of Gandhi's ashram were women led Gandhi to say in response to their gentle strength that if non-violence is the future of humanity, then the future is what?
2. Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, answered the question of how Gandhi spoke so eloquently with no preparation or notes by explaining what?
3. At Sevagram, people were so drawn to him, that what happened?
4. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
5. What does one become when one meditates?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)