|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A united mind is trained wholly to what?
(a) The desires of the Lord.
(b) The needs of others.
(c) The needs of the individual.
(d) The same cause.
2. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
(a) Openness of mind.
(b) A desire to transform.
3. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
(a) Yes, very much.
(c) Yes, at times.
(d) Yes, somewhat.
4. Gandhi saw that Kasturbai was already living what he was studying, and began to do what?
(a) Emulate her example.
(b) Have her lead.
(c) Become envious of her.
(d) Feel guilty for not being more like her.
5. In addition to detachment, what was a guiding principle from the Gita to which Gandhi aspired?
(a) Love for others.
(b) A calm mind.
(c) Undivided singleness of mind.
(d) Love for the God of Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
2. The people who gravitated to Gandhi are testament to what?
3. When one meditates, one drives what deep into the consciousness?
4. One who loves the Lord of Love is able to learn from what?
5. Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear started when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by detachment?
2. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
3. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
4. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
5. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
6. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
7. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
8. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
9. What analogy does Rambha give?
10. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)