|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Easwaran close this chapter?
(a) With a letter from Kasturbai.
(b) With a few more quotes from Gandhi.
(c) With a prayer.
(d) Words from the Gita.
2. That detachment was what allowed Gandhi to move with what?
(a) Such purpose.
(b) Such happiness.
(c) Such peace.
(d) Such energy.
3. Sri Krishna calls it the ______________ that inspires selfish possession, and says they are free who have escaped it, united with the Lord of Love and assured immortality.
(c) Selfish ego.
(d) Sin of man.
4. Gandhi saw that Kasturbai was already living what he was studying, and began to do what?
(a) Become envious of her.
(b) Feel guilty for not being more like her.
(c) Have her lead.
(d) Emulate her example.
5. One who loves the Lord of Love is _____________________ by his circumstances.
(c) No longer agitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gandhi meditate?
2. Kasturbai kept her faith in her husband's character even when what happened?
3. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
4. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
5. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gandhi do on the day of his death?
2. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
3. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
4. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
5. What analogy does Rambha give?
6. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
7. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
8. What would happen that reveals how Gandhi was revered?
9. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
10. What is meant by detachment?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)