|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
(a) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
2. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
(a) Yes, somewhat.
(c) Yes, at times.
(d) Yes, very much.
3. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) Sharing and community.
4. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
(a) His public life.
(b) The very essence of his being.
(c) His private life.
(d) Most of his life.
5. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
(a) Replace it in one's mind with a mantra of joy.
(c) Ask God to take the fear.
(d) Ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
2. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
3. Who is Patanjali?
4. Sri Krishna says that the wise person's love for the Lord of Love does what?
5. Easwaran opens the chapter entitled Mother and Child by asking the question of how such a personal evolution could have come about, and how the evolution of a single person could effect what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
2. How do most people see life?
3. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
4. What would happen that reveals how Gandhi was revered?
5. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
6. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
7. Besides detachment, what is another guiding principle from the Gita?
8. What does Gandhi do on the day of his death?
9. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
10. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)