|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Gandhi take all of his solitude?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His closest followers.
(c) His ashram family.
(d) His students.
2. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
(a) Most of his life.
(b) The very essence of his being.
(c) His private life.
(d) His public life.
3. Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, answered the question of how Gandhi spoke so eloquently with no preparation or notes by explaining what?
(a) Gandhi is good at thinking on his feet.
(b) Gandhi has a great memory.
(c) Everything Gandhi thinks, does, and says are exactly the same so all he has to do is to be.
(d) Gandhi used the same speech where ever he went.
4. What did Gandhi keep no matter the situation?
(a) His calm demeanor.
(b) His good humor and wisdom.
(c) His wife close by.
(d) The peace.
5. What was the source of the inspiration to which Gandhi clung?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Gita.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Koran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear started when?
2. How did Gandhi feel about meditation?
3. What does the author say is Gandhi's message?
4. When did Gandhi meditate?
5. He was so intimately involved and concerned with the intimate details of the worlds of the people who surrounded him that what happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
2. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
3. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
4. How do most people see life?
5. What is meant by detachment?
6. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
7. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
8. How is a mantra important?
9. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
10. What analogy does Rambha give?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)