|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prayer meetings featured readings from what?
(a) All three major scriptures.
(b) The Hindu scriptures.
(c) The Muslim scriptures.
(d) The Christian scriptures.
2. People came burdened and overwhelmed with their troubles, and left how?
(a) With new ideas and beliefs.
(b) With new burdens and troubles.
(c) Laughing and lighthearted.
(d) Less burdens and troubles.
3. Easwaran explains that these verses describe what?
(a) How one should live.
(b) The love one must feel for others.
(c) The highest state of consciousness a human can attain.
(d) The peace that can be brought to one's mind.
4. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Replace it in one's mind with a mantra of joy.
(c) Ask God to take the fear.
5. What endeavor is the source of Gandhi's joy and strength?
(a) Meditating on his mantra.
(b) Caring for his family.
(c) Translating the truths of the Bhagavad Gita into his daily life.
(d) Helping others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
2. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
3. The idea was detachment from the result of one's actions, so that one's focus is on what?
4. How did Gandhi feel about meditation?
5. What did Gandhi say as he died?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)