|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One who loves the Lord of Love is able to learn from what?
(a) The Lord of Love.
(b) One's mistakes.
(c) The love of others.
(d) Other's mistakes.
2. A united mind is trained wholly to what?
(a) The needs of the individual.
(b) The needs of others.
(c) The desires of the Lord.
(d) The same cause.
3. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(d) Sharing and community.
4. What did Gandhi keep no matter the situation?
(a) His calm demeanor.
(b) The peace.
(c) His wife close by.
(d) His good humor and wisdom.
5. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
(b) Yes, very much.
(c) Yes, at times.
(d) Yes, somewhat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
2. Gandhi used what Rambha taught him his whole life, repeating it rhythmically when?
3. On what does one who loves the Lord of Love focus?
4. What does one become when one meditates?
5. Easwaran explains that most people see life in terms of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
2. How is a mantra important?
3. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
4. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
5. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
6. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
7. Besides detachment, what is another guiding principle from the Gita?
8. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
9. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
10. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)