|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
(a) They were quiet.
(b) They were a parade of adoring community members.
(c) They were slow and peaceful.
(d) They were a time for him to be with his wife and children.
2. The fact that most of Gandhi's ashram were women led Gandhi to say in response to their gentle strength that if non-violence is the future of humanity, then the future is what?
(a) For woman.
(b) Going to be good.
(c) With all men.
(d) With woman.
3. Even ______________ was Gandhi embodying the spirit of compassion and forgiveness for which he had come to be known.
(a) On the last day of Gandhi's life.
(b) When he was a small child.
(c) When others threatened him.
(d) When he was alone.
4. When he was speaking against the violence between the Hindu and Muslims living in India, a young man came out of the crowd and greeted him with his hands at his heart before he did what?
(a) Stabbed Gandhi in the chest.
(b) Hugged Gandhi.
(c) Poisoned Gandhi.
(d) Shot Gandhi in the chest.
5. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(d) Sharing and community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is Gandhi's message?
2. Easwaran explains that Gandhi was quoting what from Hindu scripture?
3. His ashram family, however, the ones who came to be called his _____________________ were the ones who knew best the man Gandhi was in his daily life.
4. People came burdened and overwhelmed with their troubles, and left how?
5. Who is Patanjali?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do most people see life?
2. What analogy does Rambha give?
3. How does detachment help Gandhi?
4. How is a mantra important?
5. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
6. What is meant by detachment?
7. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
8. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
9. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
10. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)