|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
2. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(b) Sharing and community.
3. How does Easwaran close this chapter?
(a) Words from the Gita.
(b) With a letter from Kasturbai.
(c) With a few more quotes from Gandhi.
(d) With a prayer.
4. A united mind is trained wholly to what?
(a) The needs of the individual.
(b) The desires of the Lord.
(c) The needs of others.
(d) The same cause.
5. His body was so light and strong that what happened?
(a) Gandhi walked for great distances.
(b) Gandhi walked at a fast pace.
(c) Gandhi annoyed many who wanted to talk to him.
(d) Gandhi lost many of his followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prayer meetings featured readings from what?
2. The final chapter Eknath Easwaran writes is focused on the daily habits and the things that defined the personality of Gandhi as what?
3. When one meditates, one drives what deep into the consciousness?
4. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
5. What did Gandhi tell the man who killed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do most people see life?
2. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
3. How is a mantra important?
4. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
5. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
6. Besides detachment, what is another guiding principle from the Gita?
7. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
8. How does detachment help Gandhi?
9. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
10. What is meant by detachment?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)