|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the walks with Gandhi, people would do what?
(a) Give him advice.
(b) Ask him for advice.
(c) Follow him silently.
(d) Pray for him.
2. What endeavor is the source of Gandhi's joy and strength?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Caring for his family.
(c) Translating the truths of the Bhagavad Gita into his daily life.
(d) Meditating on his mantra.
3. The people who gravitated to Gandhi are testament to what?
(a) The need of the Indian people.
(b) The unhappiness of others.
(c) The desire for peace around the world.
(d) His success.
4. His body was so light and strong that what happened?
(a) Gandhi annoyed many who wanted to talk to him.
(b) Gandhi walked at a fast pace.
(c) Gandhi lost many of his followers.
(d) Gandhi walked for great distances.
5. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
(a) I am not afraid.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) Rama, rama, rama.
(d) Stay away, Fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. He was so intimately involved and concerned with the intimate details of the worlds of the people who surrounded him that what happened?
2. People came burdened and overwhelmed with their troubles, and left how?
3. What does Patanjali say?
4. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
5. What did Gandhi call the secret to the art of living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a mantra important?
2. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
3. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
4. What does Gandhi do on the day of his death?
5. What is meant by detachment?
6. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
7. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
8. How do most people see life?
9. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
10. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)