|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
(b) A mantra.
(c) Enough sleep.
2. On what does one who loves the Lord of Love focus?
(a) Living in the spirit of love.
(b) Where to find love.
(c) How to love oneself.
(d) Giving love to others.
3. Sri Krishna calls it the ______________ that inspires selfish possession, and says they are free who have escaped it, united with the Lord of Love and assured immortality.
(a) Selfish ego.
(b) Sin of man.
4. ________________ with problems of policy were welcomed to come and ask Gandhi for his advice.
(a) Religious leaders.
(d) Political leaders.
5. The fact that most of Gandhi's ashram were women led Gandhi to say in response to their gentle strength that if non-violence is the future of humanity, then the future is what?
(a) Going to be good.
(b) With all men.
(c) For woman.
(d) With woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kasturbai kept her faith in her husband's character even when what happened?
2. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
3. Indeed one of the things that was most remarkable to Easwaran, and to Louis Fischer, the American journalist who followed Gandhi's campaigns in India for many years, was how what?
4. Gandhi described the process as reducing oneself to zero, which is when?
5. He cared for the sick in the ashram, and filled every interaction with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
2. What would happen that reveals how Gandhi was revered?
3. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
4. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
5. How does detachment help Gandhi?
6. Besides detachment, what is another guiding principle from the Gita?
7. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
8. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
9. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
10. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)