|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
(a) The Lord's Prayer.
(b) Stay away, Fear.
(c) I am not afraid.
(d) Rama, rama, rama.
2. What did Gandhi call the secret to the art of living?
(a) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
3. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Ask God to take the fear.
(d) Replace it in one's mind with a mantra of joy.
4. What was one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
(a) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
5. Indeed one of the things that was most remarkable to Easwaran, and to Louis Fischer, the American journalist who followed Gandhi's campaigns in India for many years, was how what?
(a) How much privacy Gandhi needed.
(b) How little privacy Gandhi received.
(c) How not private Gandhi was.
(d) How private Gandhi was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is Gandhi's message?
2. What did Gandhi tell the man who killed him?
3. How did Gandhi feel about meditation?
4. The idea was detachment from the result of one's actions, so that one's focus is on what?
5. One who loves the Lord of Love is able to learn from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
2. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
3. What analogy does Rambha give?
4. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
5. How does Easwaran closes this chapter?
6. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
7. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
8. How is a mantra important?
9. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
10. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)