|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear started when?
(a) He was first married.
(b) He studied law in England.
(c) He moved to South Africa.
(d) He was a child and was afraid of the dark.
2. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
(a) To make them for filling.
(b) To make them nutritious in spite of taste.
(c) To make them readily available to others.
(d) To make them appealing to all.
3. When one meditates, one drives what deep into the consciousness?
(a) The highest ideals.
4. What types of people did Gandhi love?
(a) Every variety.
(b) The religious.
5. Gandhi described the process as reducing oneself to zero, which is when?
(a) He puts all others before himself.
(b) He becomes completely truthful, wise, and irresistibly powerful.
(c) He becomes less than others.
(d) He puts God first.
6. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
(a) A desire to transform.
(c) Openness of mind.
7. Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, answered the question of how Gandhi spoke so eloquently with no preparation or notes by explaining what?
(a) Gandhi used the same speech where ever he went.
(b) Gandhi is good at thinking on his feet.
(c) Gandhi has a great memory.
(d) Everything Gandhi thinks, does, and says are exactly the same so all he has to do is to be.
8. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(a) Sharing and community.
(d) Peace and quiet.
9. Easwaran explains that these verses describe what?
(a) The love one must feel for others.
(b) The highest state of consciousness a human can attain.
(c) The peace that can be brought to one's mind.
(d) How one should live.
10. What was one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
(a) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
11. Gandhi saw that Kasturbai was already living what he was studying, and began to do what?
(a) Become envious of her.
(b) Have her lead.
(c) Feel guilty for not being more like her.
(d) Emulate her example.
12. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
(a) A mantra.
(c) Enough sleep.
13. What does Patanjali say?
(a) In a person who loves unconditionally, there is no conflict.
(b) Gandhi is an instrument of the gods.
(c) In a person who has defeated all fear, there is now nothing of which otehr people can ever be afraid.
(d) Gandhi has changed greatly since his youth.
14. Kasturbai kept her faith in her husband's character even when what happened?
(a) He was gone from her.
(b) She did not believe in it.
(c) He did not display it.
(d) He did not deserve it.
15. People came burdened and overwhelmed with their troubles, and left how?
(a) With new burdens and troubles.
(b) Less burdens and troubles.
(c) Laughing and lighthearted.
(d) With new ideas and beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one become when one meditates?
2. During the walks with Gandhi, people would do what?
3. That detachment was what allowed Gandhi to move with what?
4. Gandhi called the Bhagavad Gita what?
5. One who loves the Lord of Love is able to learn from what?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)