|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kasturbai kept her faith in her husband's character even when what happened?
(a) He did not display it.
(b) He did not deserve it.
(c) He was gone from her.
(d) She did not believe in it.
2. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
3. He was so intimately involved and concerned with the intimate details of the worlds of the people who surrounded him that what happened?
(a) Not a single detail escaped his notice.
(b) He became overwhelmed.
(c) He could not help everyone.
(d) He was unable to keep track of the details.
4. Gandhi saw that Kasturbai was already living what he was studying, and began to do what?
(a) Feel guilty for not being more like her.
(b) Have her lead.
(c) Emulate her example.
(d) Become envious of her.
5. Gandhi described the process as reducing oneself to zero, which is when?
(a) He becomes less than others.
(b) He puts all others before himself.
(c) He becomes completely truthful, wise, and irresistibly powerful.
(d) He puts God first.
6. The elephant holding a piece of bamboo was enough to quiet their trunks the same way what is enough to still the busy-ness of a wandering and restless mind?
(b) A mantra.
7. One who loves the Lord of Love is _____________________ by his circumstances.
(d) No longer agitated.
8. That detachment was what allowed Gandhi to move with what?
(a) Such purpose.
(b) Such energy.
(c) Such peace.
(d) Such happiness.
9. What did Gandhi keep no matter the situation?
(a) His calm demeanor.
(b) His good humor and wisdom.
(c) The peace.
(d) His wife close by.
10. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
(a) Love others fully.
(b) Find joy and peace.
(c) Understand others.
(d) Find peace and exercise judgment.
11. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
(a) Enough sleep.
(d) A mantra.
12. When one meditates, one drives what deep into the consciousness?
(c) The highest ideals.
13. On what does one who loves the Lord of Love focus?
(a) Where to find love.
(b) Giving love to others.
(c) Living in the spirit of love.
(d) How to love oneself.
14. Sri Krishna says that the wise person's love for the Lord of Love does what?
(a) Shows him how to love himself and others.
(b) Has consumed all of his selfishness and preoccupation with pleasing his own senses.
(c) Gives him love to share with others.
(d) Takes away his need to love.
15. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
(a) Retaliating when he behaved unfairly.
(b) Leaving his side.
(c) Believing he acted unfairly.
(d) Telling him when he acted unfairly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
2. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
3. Easwaran explains that these verses describe what?
4. He cared for the sick in the ashram, and filled every interaction with what?
5. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)