|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi saw that Kasturbai was already living what he was studying, and began to do what?
(a) Have her lead.
(b) Emulate her example.
(c) Become envious of her.
(d) Feel guilty for not being more like her.
2. When he was speaking against the violence between the Hindu and Muslims living in India, a young man came out of the crowd and greeted him with his hands at his heart before he did what?
(a) Shot Gandhi in the chest.
(b) Hugged Gandhi.
(c) Poisoned Gandhi.
(d) Stabbed Gandhi in the chest.
3. What types of people did Gandhi love?
(b) Every variety.
(c) The religious.
4. He cared for the sick in the ashram, and filled every interaction with what?
5. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(b) Sharing and community.
(d) Peace and quiet.
6. The idea was detachment from the result of one's actions, so that one's focus is on what?
(a) One's needs.
(d) The spirit of his actions.
7. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
(a) They were slow and peaceful.
(b) They were quiet.
(c) They were a parade of adoring community members.
(d) They were a time for him to be with his wife and children.
8. What must be driven out of the mind?
(a) The highest ideals.
(d) The small, distracting, and petty things that distract the mind.
9. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
(a) The very essence of his being.
(b) Most of his life.
(c) His private life.
(d) His public life.
10. A united mind is trained wholly to what?
(a) The same cause.
(b) The needs of others.
(c) The desires of the Lord.
(d) The needs of the individual.
11. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
(a) Telling him when he acted unfairly.
(b) Retaliating when he behaved unfairly.
(c) Believing he acted unfairly.
(d) Leaving his side.
12. With whom did Gandhi take all of his solitude?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His students.
(c) His closest followers.
(d) His ashram family.
13. When one meditates, one drives what deep into the consciousness?
(d) The highest ideals.
14. Gandhi used what Rambha taught him his whole life, repeating it rhythmically when?
(a) Before he falls asleep at night.
(b) Speaking to others.
(c) He first wakes in the morning.
(d) As he breathed and walked.
15. What does the author say is Gandhi's message?
(a) His life.
(b) Bring peace to all.
(c) All religions are right.
(d) Love others above yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. People came burdened and overwhelmed with their troubles, and left how?
2. What was the source of the inspiration to which Gandhi clung?
3. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
4. The two of them became what for men and women throughout India?
5. What endeavor is the source of Gandhi's joy and strength?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)