|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
(a) Find peace and exercise judgment.
(b) Love others fully.
(c) Find joy and peace.
(d) Understand others.
2. Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, answered the question of how Gandhi spoke so eloquently with no preparation or notes by explaining what?
(a) Everything Gandhi thinks, does, and says are exactly the same so all he has to do is to be.
(b) Gandhi is good at thinking on his feet.
(c) Gandhi has a great memory.
(d) Gandhi used the same speech where ever he went.
3. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
(b) Openness of mind.
(c) A desire to transform.
4. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
(a) Retaliating when he behaved unfairly.
(b) Believing he acted unfairly.
(c) Telling him when he acted unfairly.
(d) Leaving his side.
5. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
6. Even ______________ was Gandhi embodying the spirit of compassion and forgiveness for which he had come to be known.
(a) When he was a small child.
(b) On the last day of Gandhi's life.
(c) When he was alone.
(d) When others threatened him.
7. The two of them became what for men and women throughout India?
(b) A source of jealousy.
(c) A painful reminder of their inadequacy.
(d) An unattainable goal.
8. His ashram family, however, the ones who came to be called his _____________________ were the ones who knew best the man Gandhi was in his daily life.
(a) Ashram menagerie.
(b) Ashram crew.
(c) Ashram life.
(d) Ashram herd.
9. When followers stopped asking questions, Gandhi would focus on what?
(a) Raising questions.
(b) His future plans.
(c) His own thoughts.
(d) Making children laugh.
10. Gandhi called the Bhagavad Gita what?
(a) His father.
(b) His God.
(c) His mother.
(d) His family.
11. What does Patanjali say?
(a) In a person who has defeated all fear, there is now nothing of which otehr people can ever be afraid.
(b) Gandhi has changed greatly since his youth.
(c) In a person who loves unconditionally, there is no conflict.
(d) Gandhi is an instrument of the gods.
12. What did Gandhi call the secret to the art of living?
(a) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
13. That detachment was what allowed Gandhi to move with what?
(a) Such peace.
(b) Such energy.
(c) Such purpose.
(d) Such happiness.
14. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
(a) The very essence of his being.
(b) His public life.
(c) Most of his life.
(d) His private life.
15. Evenings for Gandhi were made up of what kind of meals?
Short Answer Questions
1. He was so intimately involved and concerned with the intimate details of the worlds of the people who surrounded him that what happened?
2. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
3. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
4. With whom did Gandhi take all of his solitude?
5. Easwaran explains that most people see life in terms of what?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)