|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One who loves the Lord of Love is _____________________ by his circumstances.
(c) No longer agitated.
2. When he was speaking against the violence between the Hindu and Muslims living in India, a young man came out of the crowd and greeted him with his hands at his heart before he did what?
(a) Stabbed Gandhi in the chest.
(b) Hugged Gandhi.
(c) Shot Gandhi in the chest.
(d) Poisoned Gandhi.
3. What was the source of the inspiration to which Gandhi clung?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Gita.
4. During the walks with Gandhi, people would do what?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Follow him silently.
(c) Ask him for advice.
(d) Give him advice.
5. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
(a) The very essence of his being.
(b) His private life.
(c) Most of his life.
(d) His public life.
6. The people who gravitated to Gandhi are testament to what?
(a) The desire for peace around the world.
(b) His success.
(c) The need of the Indian people.
(d) The unhappiness of others.
7. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
(a) Peace, love, happiness.
(b) Love all others.
(c) Renounce and enjoy.
(d) Give to God.
8. Easwaran explains that most people see life in terms of what?
(a) People have, like, desire, and fear.
(b) People want.
(c) People have and do not have.
(d) People fear.
9. He cared for the sick in the ashram, and filled every interaction with what?
10. What did Gandhi tell the man who killed him?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) You'll be sorry.
(c) Get some help.
(d) I forgive you, I love you, I bless you.
11. What does the author say is Gandhi's message?
(a) All religions are right.
(b) His life.
(c) Bring peace to all.
(d) Love others above yourself.
12. In addition to detachment, what was a guiding principle from the Gita to which Gandhi aspired?
(a) Undivided singleness of mind.
(b) Love for the God of Love.
(c) A calm mind.
(d) Love for others.
13. One who loves the Lord of Love is able to learn from what?
(a) The love of others.
(b) The Lord of Love.
(c) One's mistakes.
(d) Other's mistakes.
14. What must be driven out of the mind?
(b) The highest ideals.
(d) The small, distracting, and petty things that distract the mind.
15. What did Gandhi keep no matter the situation?
(a) The peace.
(b) His wife close by.
(c) His good humor and wisdom.
(d) His calm demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
2. The answer to number 84 creates the mask that people call their personalities and hides what?
3. What did Gandhi say as he died?
4. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
5. What does one become when one meditates?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)