|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Easwaran explains that Gandhi was quoting what from Hindu scripture?
(a) The Isha Upanishad.
(b) The Puranas.
(c) The Tevaram Saivite hymns.
(d) The Vedanta.
2. On what does one who loves the Lord of Love focus?
(a) Where to find love.
(b) How to love oneself.
(c) Living in the spirit of love.
(d) Giving love to others.
3. The fact that most of Gandhi's ashram were women led Gandhi to say in response to their gentle strength that if non-violence is the future of humanity, then the future is what?
(a) For woman.
(b) Going to be good.
(c) With woman.
(d) With all men.
4. What does Patanjali say?
(a) In a person who has defeated all fear, there is now nothing of which otehr people can ever be afraid.
(b) In a person who loves unconditionally, there is no conflict.
(c) Gandhi has changed greatly since his youth.
(d) Gandhi is an instrument of the gods.
5. What did Gandhi tell the man who killed him?
(a) Get some help.
(b) I'm sorry.
(c) You'll be sorry.
(d) I forgive you, I love you, I bless you.
6. During the walks with Gandhi, people would do what?
(a) Give him advice.
(b) Follow him silently.
(c) Ask him for advice.
(d) Pray for him.
7. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
(a) Ask God to take the fear.
(b) Replace it in one's mind with a mantra of joy.
(d) Ignore it.
8. He was so intimately involved and concerned with the intimate details of the worlds of the people who surrounded him that what happened?
(a) He could not help everyone.
(b) Not a single detail escaped his notice.
(c) He was unable to keep track of the details.
(d) He became overwhelmed.
9. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
(a) Leaving his side.
(b) Retaliating when he behaved unfairly.
(c) Believing he acted unfairly.
(d) Telling him when he acted unfairly.
10. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
(a) I am not afraid.
(b) Rama, rama, rama.
(c) Stay away, Fear.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
11. What does one become when one meditates?
(c) What he meditates on.
12. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
13. One who loves the Lord of Love is _____________________ by his circumstances.
(c) No longer agitated.
14. What must be driven out of the mind?
(a) The highest ideals.
(b) The small, distracting, and petty things that distract the mind.
15. Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear started when?
(a) He studied law in England.
(b) He was first married.
(c) He moved to South Africa.
(d) He was a child and was afraid of the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gandhi keep no matter the situation?
2. Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, answered the question of how Gandhi spoke so eloquently with no preparation or notes by explaining what?
3. ________________ with problems of policy were welcomed to come and ask Gandhi for his advice.
4. The people who gravitated to Gandhi are testament to what?
5. When he was speaking against the violence between the Hindu and Muslims living in India, a young man came out of the crowd and greeted him with his hands at his heart before he did what?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)