|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prayer meetings featured readings from what?
(a) All three major scriptures.
(b) The Muslim scriptures.
(c) The Christian scriptures.
(d) The Hindu scriptures.
2. Indeed one of the things that was most remarkable to Easwaran, and to Louis Fischer, the American journalist who followed Gandhi's campaigns in India for many years, was how what?
(a) How not private Gandhi was.
(b) How private Gandhi was.
(c) How much privacy Gandhi needed.
(d) How little privacy Gandhi received.
3. The two of them became what for men and women throughout India?
(b) A source of jealousy.
(c) A painful reminder of their inadequacy.
(d) An unattainable goal.
4. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
(a) Yes, very much.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
(d) Yes, at times.
5. Gandhi used what Rambha taught him his whole life, repeating it rhythmically when?
(a) As he breathed and walked.
(b) He first wakes in the morning.
(c) Before he falls asleep at night.
(d) Speaking to others.
6. Gandhi saw that Kasturbai was already living what he was studying, and began to do what?
(a) Become envious of her.
(b) Feel guilty for not being more like her.
(c) Emulate her example.
(d) Have her lead.
7. What does the author say is Gandhi's message?
(a) Bring peace to all.
(b) All religions are right.
(c) Love others above yourself.
(d) His life.
8. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
(b) A mantra.
(c) Enough sleep.
9. His body was so light and strong that what happened?
(a) Gandhi annoyed many who wanted to talk to him.
(b) Gandhi walked at a fast pace.
(c) Gandhi lost many of his followers.
(d) Gandhi walked for great distances.
10. When one's love is deep enough, Sri Krishna explains to the eager Arjuna, selfish attachment, insecurity, fear and despair will do what?
(a) Start to disappear.
(b) Grow stronger at first, and then fall away.
(c) Fall away.
(d) Be diminished.
11. What did Gandhi say as he died?
(a) Good bye.
(b) His mantra, "rama, rama, rama."
(c) I love all human kind.
(d) He knows not what he does.
12. On what does one who loves the Lord of Love focus?
(a) How to love oneself.
(b) Where to find love.
(c) Giving love to others.
(d) Living in the spirit of love.
13. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
(b) Openness of mind.
(d) A desire to transform.
14. Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, answered the question of how Gandhi spoke so eloquently with no preparation or notes by explaining what?
(a) Everything Gandhi thinks, does, and says are exactly the same so all he has to do is to be.
(b) Gandhi used the same speech where ever he went.
(c) Gandhi is good at thinking on his feet.
(d) Gandhi has a great memory.
15. Sri Krishna calls it the ______________ that inspires selfish possession, and says they are free who have escaped it, united with the Lord of Love and assured immortality.
(a) Sin of man.
(c) Selfish ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of people did Gandhi love?
2. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
3. When followers stopped asking questions, Gandhi would focus on what?
4. The people who gravitated to Gandhi are testament to what?
5. How does Easwaran close this chapter?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)