|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sri Krishna says that the wise person's love for the Lord of Love does what?
(a) Gives him love to share with others.
(b) Takes away his need to love.
(c) Has consumed all of his selfishness and preoccupation with pleasing his own senses.
(d) Shows him how to love himself and others.
2. The answer to number 84 creates the mask that people call their personalities and hides what?
(a) Their compassion for others.
(b) Their true personalities.
(c) Their faith in a higher being.
(d) Their fearlessness, unconditional love and abiding joy.
3. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
(a) Yes, at times.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
(d) Yes, very much.
4. Who is Patanjali?
(a) Gandhi's follower.
(b) Gandhi's closest friend.
(c) The ancient Indian teacher of meditation.
(d) A leader in India.
5. When one's love is deep enough, Sri Krishna explains to the eager Arjuna, selfish attachment, insecurity, fear and despair will do what?
(a) Start to disappear.
(b) Fall away.
(c) Grow stronger at first, and then fall away.
(d) Be diminished.
6. What did Gandhi call the secret to the art of living?
(a) The middle verses of the Third Chapter of the Gita.
(b) The last eighteen verses of the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(c) The last ten verses of the the Second Chapter of the Gita.
(d) The first verse of the First Chapter of the Gita.
7. How did Gandhi feel about meditation?
(a) Energized and invigorated.
(b) Confident and content.
(c) Tired and unsure.
8. Gandhi called the Bhagavad Gita what?
(a) His mother.
(b) His God.
(c) His father.
(d) His family.
9. What does one become when one meditates?
(d) What he meditates on.
10. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
(a) Rama, rama, rama.
(b) Stay away, Fear.
(c) I am not afraid.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
11. What was the source of the inspiration to which Gandhi clung?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Gita.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Bible.
12. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
(a) They were slow and peaceful.
(b) They were a time for him to be with his wife and children.
(c) They were a parade of adoring community members.
(d) They were quiet.
13. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(a) Sharing and community.
(b) Peace and quiet.
14. Gandhi used what Rambha taught him his whole life, repeating it rhythmically when?
(a) Before he falls asleep at night.
(b) As he breathed and walked.
(c) He first wakes in the morning.
(d) Speaking to others.
15. At Sevagram, people were so drawn to him, that what happened?
(a) People argued over who got to sit by him.
(b) Gandhi had to leave, due to the large crowds.
(c) Gandhi feared for his life.
(d) There sprouted up a bustling community.
Short Answer Questions
1. He was so intimately involved and concerned with the intimate details of the worlds of the people who surrounded him that what happened?
2. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
3. Prayer meetings featured readings from what?
4. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
5. What does Patanjali say?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)