|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kasturbai kept her faith in her husband's character even when what happened?
(a) He did not deserve it.
(b) She did not believe in it.
(c) He did not display it.
(d) He was gone from her.
2. A united mind is trained wholly to what?
(a) The needs of others.
(b) The desires of the Lord.
(c) The same cause.
(d) The needs of the individual.
3. The fact that most of Gandhi's ashram were women led Gandhi to say in response to their gentle strength that if non-violence is the future of humanity, then the future is what?
(a) For woman.
(b) Going to be good.
(c) With all men.
(d) With woman.
4. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
(a) To make them nutritious in spite of taste.
(b) To make them appealing to all.
(c) To make them readily available to others.
(d) To make them for filling.
5. Gandhi described the process as reducing oneself to zero, which is when?
(a) He puts God first.
(b) He puts all others before himself.
(c) He becomes completely truthful, wise, and irresistibly powerful.
(d) He becomes less than others.
6. One who loves the Lord of Love is able to learn from what?
(a) One's mistakes.
(b) Other's mistakes.
(c) The love of others.
(d) The Lord of Love.
7. Prayer meetings featured readings from what?
(a) The Hindu scriptures.
(b) All three major scriptures.
(c) The Christian scriptures.
(d) The Muslim scriptures.
8. ________________ with problems of policy were welcomed to come and ask Gandhi for his advice.
(a) Religious leaders.
(b) Political leaders.
9. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
(a) His private life.
(b) His public life.
(c) Most of his life.
(d) The very essence of his being.
10. He cared for the sick in the ashram, and filled every interaction with what?
11. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
(b) Sharing and community.
(c) Peace and quiet.
12. What must be driven out of the mind?
(a) The small, distracting, and petty things that distract the mind.
(b) The highest ideals.
13. What was the source of the inspiration to which Gandhi clung?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Gita.
14. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
(a) They were a time for him to be with his wife and children.
(b) They were quiet.
(c) They were slow and peaceful.
(d) They were a parade of adoring community members.
15. What does Patanjali say?
(a) In a person who loves unconditionally, there is no conflict.
(b) Gandhi has changed greatly since his youth.
(c) In a person who has defeated all fear, there is now nothing of which otehr people can ever be afraid.
(d) Gandhi is an instrument of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When followers stopped asking questions, Gandhi would focus on what?
2. Sri Krishna calls it the ______________ that inspires selfish possession, and says they are free who have escaped it, united with the Lord of Love and assured immortality.
3. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
4. The answer to number 84 creates the mask that people call their personalities and hides what?
5. Who is Patanjali?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)