|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Way of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man does everything in worship, Easwaran explains, everywhere he goes is what?
(a) His home.
(b) A temple.
(c) His family.
(d) His world.
2. He was also confronted with a form of prejudice against him for what reason?
(a) His accent.
(b) His race.
(c) His education.
(d) His faith.
3. When his rebellion brought Gandhi into the presence of the leader of the Transvaal government himself, what did Gandhi do?
(a) He lied to the leader.
(b) He stayed silent.
(c) He told him clearly what he was doing and why.
(d) He mocked the leader.
4. Britain had forbidden Indians to gather their own salt, requiring instead that they buy it at a premium from British sources. So, on Gandhi's signal, all of India would simply walk to the ocean and pick up the salt that laid there for the taking and buy and sell it locally from each other, as if the law had never been enacted. What was this called?
(a) The Salt Satyagraha of 1930.
(b) The Salt Collection of 1925.
(c) The Salt Selling of 1920.
(d) The Salt Wars of 1935.
5. Gandhi acted out of compassion for both the British and the Indians for what reason?
(a) To point out how valuable both systems were.
(b) To point out the flaws in their system.
(c) He loved both the British and Indian ideals.
(d) He was both British and Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finding himself happier and healthier for the change, Gandhi shifted his attention to what?
2. Seeing that his client was clearly right, and a long court battle would benefit no one but the lawyers, what was Gandhi determined to do?
3. Michael N. Nagler of the University of California, Berkley provides the forward for the book, and opens by asking the reader what?
4. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
5. Part of what made Gandhi so very winsome was what?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)