|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Way of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi acted out of compassion for both the British and the Indians for what reason?
(a) He loved both the British and Indian ideals.
(b) To point out the flaws in their system.
(c) He was both British and Indian.
(d) To point out how valuable both systems were.
2. What does the author say about Gandhi as a boy?
(a) He was very intelligent.
(b) He was nothing remarkable.
(c) He was outgoing and proud.
(d) He was quite remarkable.
3. Weeks of more protest followed, as did hundreds more arrests, culminating at last with what?
(a) Gandhi's arrest.
(b) Kasturbai's arrest.
(c) Gandhi's death.
(d) The end to the protest.
4. As Mahadev Desai read the words of the Bhagavad Gita describing the man who has let ________________ shape his being and shed all selfish desire to a gathering of followers, Easwaran was astonished to see the words become reality in the person of Mahatma Gandhi.
(a) Selflessness and grace.
(b) Peace and hope.
5. Leaving Kasturbai again, this time with two sons, Gandhi left for South Africa in the hopes of what?
(a) Forgetting about his family.
(b) Earning a better living.
(c) Making a new life for himself.
(d) Gaining some experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Gandhi's early time in England.
2. Part of what made Gandhi so very winsome was what?
3. In the first chapter, Easwaran describes the contrast between Gandhi as a youth to what?
4. What did Gandhi call the new form of resistance?
5. Having made a dismal performance in high school, what did Gandhi need?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)