|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Way of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi met with Lord Irwin to negotiate, and made a point of taking a tiny bag of salt from his cloak and told the viceroy that he would drink his tea with salt in remembrance of what?
(a) The need for salt.
(b) The Salt Satyagraha of 1930.
(c) The Boston Tea Party.
(d) The salt industry of Britain.
2. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
(a) A fellow Indian pointed out that the best things to be learned in England were English customs.
(b) A British student told him to go back home.
(c) A fellow Indian told him to go back home.
(d) A British student pointed out that the thing to be learne in England was English custom.
3. Nagler points to Gandhi's very inauspicious beginnings as an underachieving student with ____________________.
(a) A many ailments.
(b) A bad temper.
(c) A bad home life.
(d) Many friends.
4. Gandhi coined the word ____________ to describe the Dalits (the oppressed), to call them the children of God, in order to remind the higher classes that their actions toward the oppressed was a part of their worship of God.
5. He was also confronted with a form of prejudice against him for what reason?
(a) His faith.
(b) His race.
(c) His accent.
(d) His education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following a period of complete submission to all of the nuances of English dress and society, Gandhi concluded that the practice was doing what to him?
2. Describe Gandhi's early time in England.
3. The remarkable thing about humanity, he says, is not its ability to shape our world, but ______________________.
4. How did Gandhi react to this British passenger?
5. What manifested itself in proud and oppressive rule over Katurbai until her tender and forgiving example made her one of his most effective teachers?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)