|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Way of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Easwaran opens his chapter describing the Way of Love by recounting what story?
(a) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to England.
(b) A transformative trip Gandhi took by boat.
(c) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to India.
(d) A transformative trip Gandhi took by train.
2. Gandhi's marriage to Kasturbai was arranged by whom?
(a) Himself and Kasturbai.
(c) The religious leaders.
(d) His parents.
3. He was also confronted with a form of prejudice against him for what reason?
(a) His education.
(b) His faith.
(c) His race.
(d) His accent.
4. What does this type of revolution mean?
(a) Do what needs to be done.
(b) Forget the truth.
(c) Holding fast to truth.
(d) Listen to yourself.
5. Upon his return from his service to the British and witnessing the Zulu Rebellion, he discovered what about the Transvaal government?
(a) They had created the Jim Crow Laws.
(b) They had proposed the Black Act.
(c) They had proposed the White Act.
(d) They were fairly kind to the Indian population.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years from that day did Gandhi's determination blossom into inspiration to organize his first mass non-violent resistance?
2. How does Gandhi plan on taking the lessons from the failures of his past?
3. Michael N. Nagler of the University of California, Berkley provides the forward for the book, and opens by asking the reader what?
4. Gandhi found himself a solitary apartment and began by doing what?
5. The police reaction to the Indian response was what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)