|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Fischer stay with Gandhi?
2. Was Gandhi's personal life as successful as his public life?
3. The next day, Hindu officials presented the plan to whom?
4. When WWII broke out, what did England quickly do?
5. On February 22nd, Gandhi's dear wife, Kasturbai, died in prison, her head on his lap. From that time until his death, how did he honor her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could Gandhi not convert to Christianity?
2. How did Gandhi act when he was once again put into jail?
3. What took place in September of 1946?
4. What did the Indian Congress do regarding the partition? How did Gandhi react to this?
5. Describe Gandhi's personal life.
6. Against what did Gandhi remain steadfast? Did others stand strong with him? Why or why not?
7. Where did Gandhi and his son go in August of 1931?
8. What happened that led to violence and arrests on August 9th?
9. How was Gandhi affected when WWII broke out?
10. Did Gandhi win India's freedom? How was he treated when he returned home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi's ashram is called the White House of India.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Describe Gandhi's ashram. Why is it called the White House of India?
Part 2) How do these two places compare? Can his ashram truly be called the White House of India? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this name imply about the Indian people's feelings towards Gandhi, his followers, and the U.S.?
Essay Topic 2
Prejudice is strong in South Africa.
Part 1) Describe prejudice in South Africa. How does it compare to prejudice in other parts of the world at the turn of the century and the twentieth century?
Part 2) Why is prejudice so strong in South Africa? How does this affect Gandhi? How does this affect others in South Africa?
Part 3) What prejudice do you face in your own life? How do you deal with this?
Essay Topic 3
A second Round Table Conference is held in London.
Part 1) Describe the first Round Table Conference. What was the outcome? Why was a second conference held? What it necessary? Why or why not?
Part 2) What takes place while Gandhi is in London? How does this affect him? How does it affect the Indian people?
Part 3) How important has London been throughout Gandhi's life? Why? Is London as important today? Why or why not?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)