|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did India wins its independence?
(a) On July 15, 1947.
(b) On June 15, 1947.
(c) On September 15, 1947.
(d) On August 15, 1947.
2. The Indian Congress, although mostly pacifists, was willing to bring India fully into the war for what?
(a) The compensation of becoming a free country.
(c) To help those in need.
3. Did Jinnah and his followers recognize the new government?
(c) Yes, but not at first.
(d) Yes, but not completely.
4. Gandhi was comfortable in London and wore what everywhere?
(a) A suit.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A robe.
(d) His loincloth.
5. Through the years, Gandhi had grown increasingly critical of what?
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nehru and the others agree with the plan regarding Pakistan?
2. For how long did Gandhi stay in London?
3. A compromise was proposed wherein the Harijans would be able to do what?
4. When violence broke out, who did the Viceroy blame?
5. In August 1946, Nehru was authorized to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gandhi act when he was once again put into jail?
2. Why was the twenty-second of every month important to Gandhi?
3. What took place in March of 1946?
4. How did Gandhi feel about the west?
5. How did Gandhi deal with the violence he saw and heard about?
6. What took place in September of 1946?
7. What took place in August of 1946?
8. What happened when the agreement was signed?
9. Why could Gandhi not convert to Christianity?
10. Describe Gandhi's ashram.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)