|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When WWII broke out, what did England quickly do?
(a) Ignored India.
(b) Engaged India.
(c) Sent troops to India.
(d) Freed India.
2. Was Gandhi's personal life as successful as his public life?
(b) Part of the time.
3. Gandhi was comfortable in London and wore what everywhere?
(a) His loincloth.
(b) A suit.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A robe.
4. The author describes Gandhi as the most ________ man on earth.
5. How did the hatred between Hindus and Moslems affect Gandhi?
(a) It scared him.
(b) It worried him.
(c) It saddened him.
(d) It tormented him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Gandhi not reconcile himself to this fact?
2. By the time Nehru left the ashram, Fischer could detect that Nehru was being won over, later becoming a stronger advocate of____________ than Gandhi himself.
3. Did Jinnah and his followers recognize the new government?
4. Nehru offered Jinnah a role in the government. Did he accept it?
5. Nehru told Fischer privately that he was hopeful that Gandhi could work out a settlement with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gandhi's ashram.
2. What took place in September of 1946?
3. What did Gandhi think about Christianity and other religions?
4. How did Gandhi act when he was once again put into jail?
5. How did Gandhi feels about the first agreement? What happened after he gave his response regarding this agreement?
6. Why did Gandhi decide to go to Noakhali?
7. Against what did Gandhi remain steadfast? Did others stand strong with him? Why or why not?
8. What took place in March of 1946?
9. How did people react to Gandhi while he was in London?
10. What did the Indian Congress do regarding the partition? How did Gandhi react to this?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)