|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of the book, Louis Fischer, visits Gandhi where?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In his ashram.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) In Bombay.
2. Was Gandhi's personal life as successful as his public life?
(d) Part of the time.
3. What did temples do for the untouchables?
(a) They opened their doors to them.
(b) They ignored them.
(c) They gave them food.
(d) They provided shelter for them.
4. Jinnah declared what on August 16th?
(a) A "Direct Action Day."
(b) A "Hindu Day."
(c) A "Protest Day."
(d) A "Day of Peace."
5. He worked effortlessly to quell the violence and promote peace and love to whom?
(a) The warring British and Indians.
(b) The warring Moslem sects.
(c) The warring Hindus and Moslems alike.
(d) The warring Indian economic groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the fast, was an agreement reached which Gandhi approved?
2. A compromise was proposed wherein the Harijans would be able to do what?
3. The leaders of the untouchables or Harijans immediately met with whom?
4. What did Gandhi do when all parties agreed to end the violence in Calcutta?
5. Did Gandhi attend the official celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Indian Congress do regarding the partition? How did Gandhi react to this?
2. Describe Gandhi's personal life.
3. Where did Gandhi and his son go in August of 1931?
4. Why was the twenty-second of every month important to Gandhi?
5. Why did Gandhi decide to go to Noakhali?
6. What positive action took place while Gandhi fasted?
7. What took place in September of 1946?
8. How did Gandhi act when he was once again put into jail?
9. Against what did Gandhi remain steadfast? Did others stand strong with him? Why or why not?
10. Did Gandhi win India's freedom? How was he treated when he returned home?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)