|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gandhi do when all parties agreed to end the violence in Calcutta?
(a) He read from the Quran.
(b) He broke his fast.
(c) He returned home.
(d) He stopped meditating.
2. Was Gandhi attaining his goal?
3. When did India wins its independence?
(a) On September 15, 1947.
(b) On July 15, 1947.
(c) On June 15, 1947.
(d) On August 15, 1947.
4. How did the country feel about Gandhi living and conditions being improved for the Harijans?
5. In August, 1931, Gandhi traveled with his son and entourage from Bombay to London for what?
(a) The second Round Table Conference.
(b) The first Round Table Conference.
(c) The fourth Round Table Conference.
(d) The third Round Table Conference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doid Nehru, who ridiculed Gandhi for fasting for the Harijan cause, do?
2. He often walked through slum areas where the local kids called him what?
3. Nehru offered Jinnah a role in the government. Did he accept it?
4. Were the odds against Gandhi?
5. A compromise was proposed wherein the Harijans would be able to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Gandhi and his son go in August of 1931?
2. Did Gandhi win India's freedom? How was he treated when he returned home?
3. What took place in August of 1946?
4. Describe Gandhi's ashram.
5. What did the Indian Congress do regarding the partition? How did Gandhi react to this?
6. What took place in March of 1946?
7. What did Gandhi think about Christianity and other religions?
8. Why was the twenty-second of every month important to Gandhi?
9. How was Gandhi affected when WWII broke out?
10. What happened when the agreement was signed?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)