|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in 1906?
(a) Ahimsa was tested.
(b) Duragraha was tested.
(c) Satyagraha was tested.
(d) Swadeshi was tested.
2. A sharecropper asked Gandhi to help the people in his region of what country?
(c) Sri Lanka.
3. When it was time to decide upon a career, Gandhi decided to become what?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A politician.
(d) An accountant.
4. Gandhi secretly ate meat for what reason?
(a) He is rebellious.
(b) To gain size.
(c) He likes the taste of it.
(d) To fit in.
5. Near the holy waters of Jumna, outside New Delhi, a million people wait in the oppressive heat for ___________ of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi.
(a) The funeral procession.
(b) The death.
(c) The arrival.
(d) The birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time they arrived at the sea on April 5th, they were how many strong?
2. How many people were killed?
3. Gandhi's theory that Indians would gain equality by their own inner discipline and dignity received strength from the adoption in December 1916 of what?
4. Gandhi's austere Satyagraha Ashram was located at Sabarmati where Gandhi lived in a cell-like room free of possessions where he did what?
5. What happened when Gandhi tried to register?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first incident that changed Gandhi forever?
2. For what operation did Gandhi then call? What were the consequences of this?
3. Describe Gandhi's first major speech.
4. What did Gandhi learn upon returning to India?
5. Describe Gandhi as a child.
6. Describe satyagraha's first test.
7. What happened when Gandhi was again arrested and jailed in May?
8. Why did Gandhi end his campaign against the Rowlatt Act?
9. What is contained in Gandhi's first book, HIND SWARAJ or INDIAN HOME RULE?
10. What happened when Gandhi and his followers walk freely around Transvaal?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)