|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time they arrived at the sea on April 5th, they were how many strong?
(a) Several thousand.
(b) Several hundred.
(c) Several million.
(d) Several dozen.
2. What emerged during the meeting?
(a) Gandhi's friends.
(b) Gandhi's enemies.
(c) Gandhi's leadership qualities.
(d) Gandhi's philosophies.
3. He traveled to what city where he enrolled in a three-year course of study?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) London, England.
(c) Liverpool, England.
(d) Paris, France.
4. Gandhi's philosophy was that for Indians to be treated fairly, they needed to do what?
(a) Attack government officials.
(b) Become wealthy.
(c) Improve themselves and discard any bad habits.
(d) Leave South Africa.
5. Clearing his mind and soul of personal needs and desires allowed him to do what?
(a) Be a better father.
(b) Work for the common welfare.
(c) Stay peaceful.
(d) Be careless.
6. While riding on a train from Maritzburg, what did an English man do?
(a) He protested Gandhi's presence in first-class.
(b) He glared at Gandhi.
(c) He gaveup his seat for Gandhi.
(d) He had Gandhi arrested.
7. Winston Churchill was reviled by the appearance of equality between who and what he termed the half-naked, seditious fakir from India?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The British people.
(c) The Indian people.
(d) The Hindus.
8. Gandhi decided to live the simple life of what?
(a) A monk.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A farmer.
9. After weeks of meditation, Gandhi informed the British Viceroy that civil disobedience would take place on what day, since he feared the promises for India's change of status would never be fulfilled?
(a) March 11th.
(b) March 1st.
(c) April 11th.
(d) March 21st.
10. Through parental arrangement, Mohandas married his life-long wife Kasturbai. How old were they when they married?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
11. What happened in Amritsar?
(a) A minor incident.
(b) A strange incident.
(c) An unusual incident.
(d) The most tragic incident.
12. What did the Rowlatt Acts of 1919 do?
(a) They continued the unfair conditions for the Indians.
(b) They gave complete equality to the Indians.
(c) They enslaved all Indians.
(d) They gave more freedom to the Indians.
13. The incident on this train led to what?
(a) Gandhi's resolve to become a lawyer.
(b) Gandhi's decision to return to India.
(c) Gandhi's resolve to fight color prejudice.
(d) Gandhi's venture into politics.
14. When it was time to decide upon a career, Gandhi decided to become what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A politician.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A lawyer.
15. Gandhi bought a large farm in _____________, where learning to live the austere life of self-control occupied him.
(a) North Sumatra.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Phoenix, Natal.
(d) Natal Province.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading ______________, Gandhi's life was forever changed.
2. How many people were killed?
3. The killer escaped and became what?
4. Gandhi was offered a position as a lawyer in _________ which he accepted.
5. Gandhi's creation abandoned the eye-for-an-eye attitude in favor of what?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)