|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jawaharlal Nehru was emerging as a leader of who and was not in agreement with Gandhi on non-violent rebellion?
(a) The Moslems.
(b) The young.
(c) The old.
(d) The Hindus.
2. How did Gandhi feel about his young marriage?
(a) He considered it to be exciting.
(b) He found it strange.
(c) He found it embarrassing.
(d) He considered it to be wrong.
3. What happened in Amritsar?
(a) The most tragic incident.
(b) A minor incident.
(c) A strange incident.
(d) An unusual incident.
4. From these meager surroundings, Gandhi restored India's confidence through what?
(a) Prayer and meditation.
(b) Those he sends out into the world.
(c) His magical personality and consistent relation to the truth.
(d) Political speeches.
5. Gandhi's austere Satyagraha Ashram was located at Sabarmati where Gandhi lived in a cell-like room free of possessions where he did what?
(b) Listened to others.
(d) Prayed and meditated.
6. Gandhi spent the next _______ years in an ashram.
7. What happened in 1906?
(a) Satyagraha was tested.
(b) Duragraha was tested.
(c) Swadeshi was tested.
(d) Ahimsa was tested.
8. Gandhi was born in ____________ on October 2, 1869, a small seaside home on the Kathiawar Peninsula in western Indian.
(c) New Delhi.
9. What did the Rowlatt Acts of 1919 do?
(a) They gave more freedom to the Indians.
(b) They enslaved all Indians.
(c) They gave complete equality to the Indians.
(d) They continued the unfair conditions for the Indians.
10. In what did the boycott result?
11. Near the holy waters of Jumna, outside New Delhi, a million people wait in the oppressive heat for ___________ of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi.
(a) The arrival.
(b) The death.
(c) The birth.
(d) The funeral procession.
12. Did the government follow through with its agreement to make the registration voluntary?
(b) At first.
13. On the surface, how was Mohandas as a child?
(a) Rude and annoying.
(b) Devious and sneaky.
(c) Shy and obedient.
(d) Rebellious and independent.
14. A sharecropper asked Gandhi to help the people in his region of what country?
(b) Sri Lanka.
15. Why is the eating of meat so shocking?
(a) It is taboo in the Hindu religion.
(b) Meat is not available in India.
(c) Mohandas is allergic to meat.
(d) Hindus do not like the taste of meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emerged during the meeting?
2. While riding on a train from Maritzburg, what did an English man do?
3. What did British officials order their soldiers to do at Amritsar?
4. Gandhi's theory that Indians would gain equality by their own inner discipline and dignity received strength from the adoption in December 1916 of what?
5. Gandhi's creation abandoned the eye-for-an-eye attitude in favor of what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)