|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 33 and 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through the years, Gandhi had grown increasingly critical of what?
(a) The West.
(b) The East.
2. How did Gandhi feel about his young marriage?
(a) He found it strange.
(b) He considered it to be wrong.
(c) He found it embarrassing.
(d) He considered it to be exciting.
3. The incident on this train led to what?
(a) Gandhi's resolve to become a lawyer.
(b) Gandhi's venture into politics.
(c) Gandhi's resolve to fight color prejudice.
(d) Gandhi's decision to return to India.
4. What did the Indians do with the registrations they had filled out?
(a) They tore them up.
(b) They burned them.
(c) They turned them in.
(d) They threw them away.
5. Near the holy waters of Jumna, outside New Delhi, a million people wait in the oppressive heat for ___________ of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi.
(a) The death.
(b) The funeral procession.
(c) The arrival.
(d) The birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next day, Hindu officials presented the plan to whom?
2. Another young man, Nathuram Vinayak Godse, could not understand what?
3. When WWII broke out, what did England quickly do?
4. Why did Gandhi not eat until the next day?
5. Nehru offered Jinnah a role in the government. Did he accept it?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)