|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incident on this train led to what?
(a) Gandhi's venture into politics.
(b) Gandhi's resolve to become a lawyer.
(c) Gandhi's decision to return to India.
(d) Gandhi's resolve to fight color prejudice.
2. Bramacharya included restraint in what?
(d) Sex, anger, diet and emotions.
3. On what day of the fast, was an agreement reached which Gandhi approved?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The second.
(c) The fifth.
(d) The third.
4. There was an assassination of who in Bengal?
(a) A government official.
(b) An Indian official.
(c) A police official.
(d) An aid worker.
5. Why was it important that Gandhi was considered "colored?"
(a) He was not of African descent.
(b) He should not have been allowed to ride in first class.
(c) He was not allowed to ride on trains.
(d) He was in the minority.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Indian Congress, although mostly pacifists, was willing to bring India fully into the war for what?
2. What happened in Amritsar?
3. In 1909, Gandhi got word to England about the treatment of the Indians in South Africa. He won the support of many of the ___________ of the country.
4. Although later touting full independence, Gandhi went through a stage when he saw India on a par with what countries?
5. How many people were killed?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)