|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although later touting full independence, Gandhi went through a stage when he saw India on a par with what countries?
(a) The United States and Canada.
(b) South Africa and Pakistan.
(c) The Virgin Islands and British Isles.
(d) Canada and Australia.
2. Gandhi was comfortable in London and wore what everywhere?
(a) A suit.
(b) His loincloth.
(c) A robe.
(d) A scarf.
3. What did Gandhi tell his people to do when the government announced that all Indians must register?
(a) To register.
(b) To flee the country.
(c) To resist and pledge defiance.
(d) To riot.
4. In his youth, Mohandas privately rejected what although he returned to it later in life?
(a) His family.
(c) His family's Hindu religion.
5. Gandhi had made "humility and truth more powerful than ______________."
Short Answer Questions
1. In May, what happened to Gandhi?
2. The killer escaped and became what?
3. What did temples do for the untouchables?
4. Gandhi's theory that Indians would gain equality by their own inner discipline and dignity received strength from the adoption in December 1916 of what?
5. Winston Churchill was reviled by the appearance of equality between who and what he termed the half-naked, seditious fakir from India?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)