1. Near the holy waters of Jumna, outside New Delhi, a million people wait in the oppressive heat for ___________ of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi.
(a) The arrival.
(b) The funeral procession.
(c) The death.
(d) The birth.
2. What happened January 30, 1948?
(a) Gandhi began a fast to the death.
(b) Gandhi was injured.
(c) Gandhi was assassinated.
(d) Kasurbai died.
3. When he died, was Gandhi a private citizen with noteworthy professional achievement?
(a) Yes, a great deal.
(c) Yes, some.
(d) Yes, only later in his career.
4. Gandhi had made "humility and truth more powerful than ______________."
5. Those who adore Gandhi feel that his death leaves ___________ of mankind without a spokesman.
(a) The conscience.
(b) The minorities.
(c) The majority.
(d) The poor.
6. Gandhi was born in ____________ on October 2, 1869, a small seaside home on the Kathiawar Peninsula in western Indian.
(d) New Delhi.
7. As a young boy, did Gandhi show proclivity towards school work?
This section contains 4,529 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)