Part 1: Chapters 1 through 3
1. Near the holy waters of Jumna, outside New Delhi, a million people wait in the oppressive heat for ___________ of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi.
(a) The death.
(b) The birth.
(c) The funeral procession.
(d) The arrival.
2. What happened January 30, 1948?
(a) Kasurbai died.
(b) Gandhi began a fast to the death.
(c) Gandhi was assassinated.
(d) Gandhi was injured.
3. When he died, was Gandhi a private citizen with noteworthy professional achievement?
(b) Yes, only later in his career.
(c) Yes, some.
(d) Yes, a great deal.
4. Gandhi had made "humility and truth more powerful than ______________."
5. Those who adore Gandhi feel that his death leaves ___________ of mankind without a spokesman.
(a) The conscience.
(b) The poor.
(c) The minorities.
(d) The majority.
6. Gandhi was born in ____________ on October 2, 1869, a small seaside home on the Kathiawar Peninsula in western Indian.
(b) New Delhi.
7. As a young boy, did Gandhi show proclivity towards school work?
This section contains 4,529 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)