Part 1: Chapters 1 through 3
• A million people wait in the heat for the funeral procession of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi; Gandhi had been assassinated the day before, January 30, 1948.
• He was India's leader and its teacher.
• When he died, Gandhi was what he had always been: a private citizen with no wealth, property, title or noteworthy professional achievement; despite this, all the major leaders of the world pay homage to him.
• Gandhi was born in Porbandar on October 2, 1869; as a young boy, Gandhi showed no proclivity towards school work and no special talent.
• Mohandas was shy and obedient on the surface; however, even as a child he had a rebellious, independent streak.
• Through parental arrangement, Mohandas married his life-long wife Kasturbai at the age of thirteen; Gandhi considered his young marriage wrong, and, some years later, laws were changed to disallow such young marriages.
• Gandhi decided to become a...
This section contains 2,566 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)