Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
2. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
3. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
4. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
5. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Tillie's monologues in Zindel's play.
a) Compare and contrast Tillie's demeanor in her monologues with her demeanor in the context of her dialogue with Beatrice and Ruth.
b) What insights do Tillie's monologues provide the reader as to her inner world and motivations?
c) In what way do Tillie's monologues relate to the play's overall themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Beatrice kill the rabbit? What is her motivation? Is it an act of retaliation? If so, for what? What impact does this act have on Tillie and Ruth? What does the rabbit symbolize in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Zindel's play explores the theme of science and its impact on humankind. Discuss the ways in which Zindel presents this theme throughout the course of the play. Do you agree or disagree with Tillie's statement at the conclusion of her science fair presentation: "THE DAY WILL COME WHEN MANKIND WILL THANK GOD FOR THE STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL ENERGY FROM THE ATOM."
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)