Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
2. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
3. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
4. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
5. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
Essay Topic 1
There are several symbols in Zindel's play. Explore one symbol and discuss how it relates to a theme or motif in the play.
a) Identify the symbol.
b) What does this symbol represent?
c) Explain how the symbol helps the reader better understand the drama.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the passage in which Beatrice calls herself the "original half-life." Does Beatrice have valid reasons for claiming this? What does this statement say about her attitude toward her daughters? How does this statement relate to the play's main themes? Can parallels be drawn between the true definition of a half-life and Beatrice's own life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Tillie's monologues in Zindel's play.
a) Compare and contrast Tillie's demeanor in her monologues with her demeanor in the context of her dialogue with Beatrice and Ruth.
b) What insights do Tillie's monologues provide the reader as to her inner world and motivations?
c) In what way do Tillie's monologues relate to the play's overall themes?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)