Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
2. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
3. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
4. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
5. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
Why does Beatrice kill the rabbit? What is her motivation? Is it an act of retaliation? If so, for what? What impact does this act have on Tillie and Ruth? What does the rabbit symbolize in the play?
Is Beatrice a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
a) What is the root cause of Beatrice's bitterness and caustic behavior?
b) Does Beatrice demonstrate signs of mental illness? How might this explain her abusiveness toward her daughters?
c) Is Beatrice more of a danger to herself (self-destructive) than she is to others? Why or why not?
c) In what ways do Beatrice's insecurities impact her daughters?
Discuss the minor characters, Nanny and Janice Vickery, in Zindel's play.
a) How do Nanny and Janice Vickery function as sources of comic relief in the play?
b) In what way do Nanny and Janice Vickery further the plot in the play?
c) In what way do Nanny and Janice Vickery further the themes in the play?
d) Why does Zindel include these characters in the play?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)