|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
2. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
3. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
4. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
5. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Beatrice kill the rabbit? What is her motivation? Is it an act of retaliation? If so, for what? What impact does this act have on Tillie and Ruth? What does the rabbit symbolize in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Tillie's monologues in Zindel's play.
a) Compare and contrast Tillie's demeanor in her monologues with her demeanor in the context of her dialogue with Beatrice and Ruth.
b) What insights do Tillie's monologues provide the reader as to her inner world and motivations?
c) In what way do Tillie's monologues relate to the play's overall themes?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the concept of conformity versus individuality in Zindel's play. In what ways do the characters conform to society's expectations of them? In what ways do they remain independent? Which character conforms the most? Which character conforms the least?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)