|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
(a) Always trying to get somewhere, like a great big bird.
(b) Always growing flowers.
(c) Always trying to make a better life for her girls.
(d) Always smoking.
2. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
3. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
(a) Spread awareness about the effects of second-hand cigarette smoking.
(b) Teach people to treat animals with care and humanity.
(c) Prove to everyone that she is the smartest girl in the school.
(d) Look good on college applications to show you did something in school besides dating.
4. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
(b) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(d) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
5. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
(a) Ruth and Nanny.
(b) Beatrice and Ruth.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Nanny and Tillie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
2. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
3. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
4. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
5. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)