|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
(a) Ruth thinks Janice copied Tillie's idea.
(b) Ruth thinks rabbits should not be used in such experiments.
(c) Ruth thinks what Janice did is murder.
(d) Ruth thinks it is going to be way better than Tillie's.
2. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) "I want to go home."
(b) "Why is everybody so excited?"
(c) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(d) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
3. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
4. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
(a) You know, even if you don't win, I'm still proud of you.
(b) You better win.
(c) I'm really proud of you and I'd be happy to make a speech if you win.
(d) I don't care even if you do win the whole thing, I'm not making any speech.
5. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
(b) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(c) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(d) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
2. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
3. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
5. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)