|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
(a) "I hate the world."
(b) "Get out of here and take that bag of bones with you."
(c) "Life is what you make it."
(d) "What a beautiful world."
2. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
(a) Enthusiastic and proud.
(b) Belligerent and drunk.
(c) Jubilant and giddy.
(d) Disappointed and shocked.
3. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
(b) Mutations will become more perplexing.
(c) Mutations will become less interesting.
(d) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
4. Select the character below who makes the following statement in Act 2: "I hate the world."
5. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(b) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(c) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(d) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
2. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
3. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
4. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
5. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)