|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
(b) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(c) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
(d) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
2. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
(a) She goes on a date with Chris Burns.
(b) She buries the cat.
(c) She dies.
(d) She settles down after a seizure.
3. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Rummages through drawers.
(c) Throws clothes onto tables.
(d) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
4. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
5. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
(b) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(c) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(d) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
2. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
3. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
4. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
5. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)