|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
(b) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(c) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(d) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
2. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
(a) Beatrice calls the teachers underpaid and the students underachievers.
(b) Beatrice calls the teachers inept and the students exemplary.
(c) Beatrice calls the teachers stupid and the students vicious.
(d) Beatrice calls the teachers overpaid and the students overweight.
3. Who attends the science fair with Tillie?
(c) Beatrice, Ruth, and Nanny.
(d) Beatrice and Ruth.
4. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Beatrice plants marigolds in the garden.
(b) Beatrice lets the horses out of the barn.
(c) Beatrice rips the newspaper off the windows.
(d) Beatrice sets the kitchen on fire.
5. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
(a) "What a beautiful world."
(b) "Get out of here and take that bag of bones with you."
(c) "I hate the world."
(d) "Life is what you make it."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
2. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
3. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
5. When someone says goodnight to Beatrice at the beginning of Act 2, what name does she call her?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)