|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) A cat's meow.
(b) A gong.
(d) Piano music.
2. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Frightened and shy.
(b) Peaceful and diplomatic.
(c) Sad and empathetic.
(d) Manic and cruel.
3. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She wrote the titles on the screen.
(b) She boiled the rabbit.
(c) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(d) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(b) Beatrice and Nanny.
(c) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
5. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
(a) Mama, that's MY dress.
(b) Mama, please don't embarrass me.
(c) Mama, you look beautiful.
(d) Mama, take off those feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
2. Which character speaks the final line in Act 2?
3. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
4. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
5. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)