|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A zombie.
(b) A saint.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A model citizen.
2. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(b) Real estate listings.
(c) Elder abuse.
(d) Teenage drinking.
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
(b) Put lipstick on it.
(c) Dress it up in baby clothes.
(d) Chloroform it.
4. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(b) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(c) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(d) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
5. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(b) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(c) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(d) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
2. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
3. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
4. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
5. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does it come as a shock to Tillie when Beatrice states that she hates the world? Why?
2. Why does Tillie want Ruth to keep her knowledge about Beatrice being a high school outcast a secret from their mother?
3. Has Beatrice assisted Tillie with her project? If so, in what way?
4. Why does Beatrice want Tillie to wear a bow in her hair?
5. In what way does Beatrice pay Tillie a compliment prior to the science fair?
6. What news does Ruth share with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
7. List some of the advice Beatrice gives Tillie before the science fair.
8. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Ruth reveal to Tillie about their mother's experience in high school?
9. Why does Zindel repeat the Conclusion of Tillie's science fair presentation at the end of Act 2?
10. Is Beatrice looking forward to attending the science fair at the opening of Act 2?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)