|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
2. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Nail polish remover.
(b) Hot water.
(d) Plant food.
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Janice Vickery.
4. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her sister needed her.
(b) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
(c) Her skull was growing.
(d) Her legs hurt.
5. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A snake.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A gerbil.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
2. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
3. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
4. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
5. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Beatrice's demeanor toward Tillie at the end of the final scene in Act 1.
2. What is the business scheme that Beatrice is preoccupied with in Act 2? According to Beatrice, what role will her daughters play?
3. Why do you think Tillie's appearance at the science fair is so important to Ruth?
4. Why is Beatrice offended during her second phone conversation with Mr. Goodman?
5. Why does Beatrice decide not to attend the science fair?
6. Does Beatrice respect Nanny? Support your answer with examples.
7. Describe the relationship between Ruth and Beatrice.
8. Is Beatrice content with her life?
9. Compare Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair to Tillie's.
10. What does Miss Hanley think of Beatrice?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)