|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(d) Lighter fluid.
2. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
3. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(b) Groom the horses.
(c) Water the marigolds.
(d) Clean up animal waste.
4. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(b) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(c) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(d) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
5. Nanny is best described as:
Short Answer Questions
1. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
2. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
3. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
4. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
5. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice chloroform the rabbit?
2. Is Beatrice supportive of Tillie's interest in science?
3. How does Ruth react to Tillie's performance in the school Science Fair?
4. Describe Beatrice's demeanor toward Tillie at the end of the final scene in Act 1.
5. What news does Ruth share with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
6. Describe Beatrice's feelings toward Tillie's pet.
7. Why do you think Tillie's appearance at the science fair is so important to Ruth?
8. Is Beatrice of sound mind?
9. When Beatrice receives a call from Dr. Berg, what is her response?
10. How does Beatrice treat her daughter, Tillie?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)