|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
2. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Applying lipstick.
(b) Grooming a horse.
(c) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
(d) Planting marigolds.
3. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She is unable to read.
(b) She has severe leg pain.
(c) She has frequent nightmares.
(d) She has an eating disorder.
4. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
5. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(b) The horses were let out of the stable.
(c) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
(d) Tillie's absence from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
2. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
3. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
4. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
5. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice treat her daughter, Tillie?
2. Is Beatrice content with her life?
3. What is the history folder, and what information does it contain?
4. What does Beatrice do to calm Ruth when she is hysterical?
5. List some of the advice Beatrice gives Tillie before the science fair.
6. Is Beatrice is a good mother?
7. How does Ruth react to Tillie's performance in the school Science Fair?
8. Describe the setting of the play in Act 1.
9. What does Beatrice discuss with Mr. Goodman during their phone conversation in the first scene of Act 1?
10. When Beatrice receives a call from Dr. Berg, what is her response?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)