|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A pair of eyeglasses.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A handbag.
2. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
(b) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(c) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(d) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
3. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
4. What is Beatrice's last name?
5. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
(b) "You deserve a great big hug!"
(c) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
(d) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
Short Answer Questions
1. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
2. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
3. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
4. Nanny is also described as:
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
Short Essay Questions
1. Does it come as a shock to Tillie when Beatrice states that she hates the world? Why?
2. What is the history folder, and what information does it contain?
3. Why do you think Zindel chose to switch back and forth between the science fair and Beatrice at home in Act 2?
4. How does the science experiment make Tillie feel, and why?
5. What kind of career aspirations did Beatrice have when she was in high school? Did she achieve them?
6. Describe the setting of the play in Act 1.
7. Is Beatrice supportive of Tillie's interest in science?
8. Why do Tillie's classmates laugh at her at the science assembly at the beginning of Act 1?
9. Besides caring for Nanny, what else does Beatrice expect Ruth to do while at home during the science fair? In what way does Beatrice threaten Ruth if she does not fulfill these obligations?
10. What happens to Ruth after she learns of the rabbit's death?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)