|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Drama Queen.
(b) Devil's Kiss.
(c) Drop Dead Diva.
(d) Daisy Lips.
2. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A handbag.
(d) A pair of eyeglasses.
3. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A dark room of wood.
(c) A school gymnasium.
(d) A field of marigolds.
4. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(a) Cell phones.
5. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
2. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
3. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
4. What substance does Nanny spill?
5. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beatrice angry at Tillie following the phone call she receives from Mr. Goodman at the beginning of Act 1?
2. Describe Beatrice's appearance once she is dressed to attend the science fair.
3. What happens to Ruth after she learns of the rabbit's death?
4. What is Beatrice's opinion of the school that Tillie and Ruth attend?
5. Describe Beatrice's definition of a half-life.
6. When Beatrice and Tillie are arguing before the science fair, what does Beatrice claim as the reason she is looking forward to the event?
7. What does Beatrice discuss with Mr. Goodman during their phone conversation in the first scene of Act 1?
8. Why do you think Tillie's appearance at the science fair is so important to Ruth?
9. Why does Beatrice refuse to allow Tillie to call the doctor when Ruth falls into a seizure?
10. What do Beatrice and Ruth argue about prior to the science fair?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)