|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(c) Miss Hanley.
2. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(a) Dr. Berg.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is not a pretty girl.
(b) She is a sweet girl.
(c) She is a mean girl.
(d) She is a pretty girl.
5. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(b) He was cruel and abusive.
(c) He smoked like a chimney.
(d) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
2. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
3. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
4. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
5. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Nanny know what has transpired in the Hunsdorfer home in Act 2? Are there any similarities between Nanny and Beatrice?
2. How does Beatrice treat her daughter, Tillie?
3. Does Beatrice respect Nanny? Support your answer with examples.
4. Is Beatrice supportive of Tillie's interest in science?
5. Why do you think Zindel chose to switch back and forth between the science fair and Beatrice at home in Act 2?
6. What excuse does Beatrice give to Mr. Goodman for keeping Tillie home from school?
7. Why do you think Tillie's appearance at the science fair is so important to Ruth?
8. What does Beatrice do to calm Ruth when she is hysterical?
9. Why does Beatrice want Tillie to wear a bow in her hair?
10. Why does Beatrice refuse to allow Tillie to call the doctor when Ruth falls into a seizure?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)