|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
2. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
3. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is not a pretty girl.
(b) She is a sweet girl.
(c) She is a pretty girl.
(d) She is a mean girl.
5. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
(d) Pop music.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
2. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
4. Who is Mr. Mayo?
5. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the play in Act 1.
2. Is Beatrice looking forward to attending the science fair at the opening of Act 2?
3. Describe Beatrice's demeanor toward Tillie at the end of the final scene in Act 1.
4. In what way does Beatrice pay Tillie a compliment prior to the science fair?
5. Why is Beatrice angry at Tillie following the phone call she receives from Mr. Goodman at the beginning of Act 1?
6. Why do you think Tillie's appearance at the science fair is so important to Ruth?
7. Describe Nanny's physical appearance.
8. Describe Beatrice's feelings toward Tillie's pet.
9. What is the business scheme that Beatrice is preoccupied with in Act 2? According to Beatrice, what role will her daughters play?
10. Describe Beatrice's appearance once she is dressed to attend the science fair.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)