|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
(a) A social studies project.
(b) A science project.
(c) A music project.
(d) A language arts project.
2. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(b) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(c) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
3. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(b) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(c) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(d) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
4. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of boiling water.
(b) A pot of honey.
(c) A pot of marigolds.
(d) A pot of coffee.
5. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her skull was growing.
(b) Her legs hurt.
(c) Her sister needed her.
(d) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
2. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
3. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
5. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Tillie from burying the rabbit upon discovering that it is dead?
2. Has Beatrice assisted Tillie with her project? If so, in what way?
3. Does it come as a shock to Tillie when Beatrice states that she hates the world? Why?
4. Does Beatrice respect Nanny? Support your answer with examples.
5. In what way does Beatrice pay Tillie a compliment prior to the science fair?
6. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Ruth reveal to Tillie about their mother's experience in high school?
7. Why is Beatrice offended during her second phone conversation with Mr. Goodman?
8. Why does Beatrice not tell the truth to her daughters about her experiences in high school?
9. What is the one thing that Beatrice demands from Ruth, and why?
10. Describe Nanny's physical appearance.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)