|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A three-ring circus.
(c) A family farm.
(d) A nursing home.
2. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A zombie.
(b) A model citizen.
(c) A saint.
(d) A criminal.
3. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
(b) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
(c) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(d) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
4. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) The horses were let out of the stable.
(b) Tillie's absence from school.
(c) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(d) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
5. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
2. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
4. What is Beatrice's last name?
5. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Beatrice's second phone conversation with Mr. Goodman, what concerns does she express about Tillie's science project?
2. Describe Nanny's physical appearance.
3. Is Beatrice of sound mind?
4. What excuse does Beatrice give to Mr. Goodman for keeping Tillie home from school?
5. Compare Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair to Tillie's.
6. How would you characterize Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair? What does this scene do for the mood of the play?
7. Does Nanny know what has transpired in the Hunsdorfer home in Act 2? Are there any similarities between Nanny and Beatrice?
8. What does Beatrice do to calm Ruth when she is hysterical?
9. Is Beatrice is a good mother?
10. Why does Beatrice want Tillie to wear a bow in her hair?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)