|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(c) Miss Hanley.
2. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(b) Ruth's gym teacher.
(c) Beatrice's father.
(d) Nanny's late husband.
3. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
(a) Ruth is failing all of her classes.
(b) Ruth used to be a C-student and is now a B-student.
(c) Ruth is performing satisfactorily in her classes.
(d) Ruth is an A-student.
4. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(b) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(c) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(d) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
5. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
(b) Chloroform it.
(c) Put lipstick on it.
(d) Dress it up in baby clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
2. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
3. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
4. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
5. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Beatrice give to Mr. Goodman for keeping Tillie home from school?
2. Is Beatrice is a good mother?
3. Describe Beatrice's demeanor toward Tillie at the end of the final scene in Act 1.
4. Has Beatrice assisted Tillie with her project? If so, in what way?
5. Is Beatrice of sound mind?
6. Does Nanny know what has transpired in the Hunsdorfer home in Act 2? Are there any similarities between Nanny and Beatrice?
7. Describe Beatrice's appearance once she is dressed to attend the science fair.
8. Why does Tillie want Ruth to keep her knowledge about Beatrice being a high school outcast a secret from their mother?
9. Why do you think Zindel chose to switch back and forth between the science fair and Beatrice at home in Act 2?
10. Describe Beatrice's feelings toward Tillie's pet.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)