|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(b) Equestrian clothing.
(c) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
(d) A swimsuit.
2. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(b) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
(c) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(d) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
3. What substance does Nanny spill?
(b) Hot water.
(c) Nail polish remover.
(d) Plant food.
4. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(a) Lighter fluid.
5. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A criminal.
(b) A saint.
(c) A model citizen.
(d) A zombie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
2. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
3. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
4. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
5. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beatrice and Tillie are arguing before the science fair, what does Beatrice claim as the reason she is looking forward to the event?
2. How does the science experiment make Tillie feel, and why?
3. What kind of career aspirations did Beatrice have when she was in high school? Did she achieve them?
4. Describe Beatrice's feelings toward Tillie's pet.
5. Does Nanny know what has transpired in the Hunsdorfer home in Act 2? Are there any similarities between Nanny and Beatrice?
6. What does Miss Hanley think of Beatrice?
7. Why does Beatrice not tell the truth to her daughters about her experiences in high school?
8. List some of the advice Beatrice gives Tillie before the science fair.
9. Describe the setting of the play in Act 1.
10. Is Beatrice looking forward to attending the science fair at the opening of Act 2?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)