|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
2. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A school gymnasium.
(b) A field of marigolds.
(c) A dark room of wood.
(d) A swimming pool.
3. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) A person whistling.
(c) Crashes of thunder.
(d) An ambulance siren.
4. What is Beatrice's last name?
5. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) A little housecleaning.
(b) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Planting marigolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
2. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
4. What substance does Nanny spill?
5. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Ruth and Beatrice.
2. How does Beatrice treat her daughter, Tillie?
3. What does Beatrice do to calm Ruth when she is hysterical?
4. Does it come as a shock to Tillie when Beatrice states that she hates the world? Why?
5. List some of the advice Beatrice gives Tillie before the science fair.
6. Why do you think Tillie's appearance at the science fair is so important to Ruth?
7. What is the one thing that Beatrice demands from Ruth, and why?
8. How does the science experiment make Tillie feel, and why?
9. Why do you think Zindel chose to switch back and forth between the science fair and Beatrice at home in Act 2?
10. Why does Beatrice chloroform the rabbit?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)