|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(b) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(c) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(d) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
2. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Boat without a life jacket.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Ride a horse backwards.
(d) Set off firecrackers.
3. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Applying lipstick.
(b) Planting marigolds.
(c) Grooming a horse.
(d) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
4. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She isn't a pretty girl.
(b) She is half a test tube.
(c) She is the prettiest girl.
(d) She hardly says a word.
5. What is Beatrice's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
3. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
4. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
5. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice discuss with Mr. Goodman during their phone conversation in the first scene of Act 1?
2. What kind of career aspirations did Beatrice have when she was in high school? Did she achieve them?
3. Why do Tillie's classmates laugh at her at the science assembly at the beginning of Act 1?
4. How does Beatrice treat her daughter, Tillie?
5. Why does Beatrice not tell the truth to her daughters about her experiences in high school?
6. What does Beatrice do to calm Ruth when she is hysterical?
7. Has Beatrice assisted Tillie with her project? If so, in what way?
8. List some of the advice Beatrice gives Tillie before the science fair.
9. What is the history folder, and what information does it contain?
10. What is the business scheme that Beatrice is preoccupied with in Act 2? According to Beatrice, what role will her daughters play?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)