|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth feed Peter?
2. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A limousine.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bus.
3. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
(c) The rabbit.
4. According to Tillie, the seeds which received little radiation ...
(a) Have grown to plants which are gigantic in appearance.
(b) Have grown to plants which are normal in appearance.
(c) Have grown to plants which are tiny in appearance.
(d) Have grown to plants which are unhealthy in appearance.
5. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
(a) Donate it to the local museum.
(b) Sell it and use the proceeds to pay for her next experiment.
(c) Put it in her living room.
(d) Donate it to the science department.
6. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
(c) Nanny's daughter.
7. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
(a) The school principal, Mr. Goodman, and Miss Hanley.
(b) Mr. Goodman and Nanny.
(c) The school principal and Janice Vickery.
(d) The school principal and Janice Vickery's mother.
8. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
9. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(b) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
(c) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(d) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
10. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
(a) She is in the garden.
(b) She is still in the Hunsdorfer's home.
(c) She is back home with her daughter.
(d) She is in the basement.
11. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
(a) Mr. Goodman.
12. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Beatrice sets the kitchen on fire.
(b) Beatrice rips the newspaper off the windows.
(c) Beatrice lets the horses out of the barn.
(d) Beatrice plants marigolds in the garden.
13. According to Ruth, who is waiting to see Beatrice at the science fair?
(a) Betty, Nanny, and Tillie.
(b) Peter, Mr. Goodman, and Dr. Berg.
(c) Everybody ... including Miss Hanley.
(d) Tillie, Janice Vickery, and Mr. Goodman.
14. Who wins at the science fair?
(a) Chris Burns.
(b) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
15. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
2. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
3. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
4. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
5. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)