|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Miss Hanley.
(b) Janice Vickery.
(c) Chris Burns.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
2. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
(a) Take a picture of it.
(b) Give it to Ruth.
(c) Bury it in the backyard.
(d) Play with it.
3. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(b) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(c) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(d) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
4. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
(b) Wearing a ballgown.
(c) Wearing a business suit.
(d) Wearing a fur coat.
5. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
(b) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(c) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
(d) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
6. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(b) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
(c) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(d) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
7. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
(b) Gave off a foul scent.
(c) Grew ten feet in height.
(d) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
8. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
(a) MAMA! MAMA! What happened at the Science Fair stays at the Science Fair!
(b) MAMA! MAMA! She won!
(c) MAMA! MAMA! Did she win?
(d) MAMA! MAMA! I bet Tillie made a fool of herself.
9. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
(a) Two weeks later.
(b) Two minutes later.
(c) Two years later.
(d) Two hours later.
10. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
(a) Janice Vickery.
11. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Frightened and shy.
(b) Peaceful and diplomatic.
(c) Manic and cruel.
(d) Sad and empathetic.
12. According to Tillie, the seeds which received little radiation ...
(a) Have grown to plants which are gigantic in appearance.
(b) Have grown to plants which are normal in appearance.
(c) Have grown to plants which are unhealthy in appearance.
(d) Have grown to plants which are tiny in appearance.
13. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(b) "Why is everybody so excited?"
(c) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
(d) "I want to go home."
14. Who wins at the science fair?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Janice Vickery.
(d) Chris Burns.
15. Which character makes this statement: "Someday I'm going to write a book and blast that school to pieces."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
2. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
3. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
4. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
5. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)