|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(b) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(c) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(d) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
2. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
(a) Two years later.
(b) Two weeks later.
(c) Two minutes later.
(d) Two hours later.
3. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
(a) A baggy sweater.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A bright lipstick.
(d) A horrible bow.
4. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) That Tillie won.
(b) That Nanny fell down the stairs.
(c) That Papa appeared in a dream.
(d) That she had a seizure while they were gone.
5. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(b) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(d) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
6. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
(a) Mr. Goodman.
7. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(b) She llit the animal on fire.
(c) She put it in a swimming pool.
(d) She boiled the animal.
8. When someone says goodnight to Beatrice at the beginning of Act 2, what name does she call her?
(a) Butterfly Betty.
(b) Betty Butterfingers.
(c) Babyface Betty.
(d) Betty the Loon.
9. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
(d) Mr. Goodman.
10. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
(b) She does not want to call the doctor.
(c) She uses chloroform on the patient.
(d) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
11. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
(d) The dead rabbit.
12. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
13. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
(a) MAMA! MAMA! I bet Tillie made a fool of herself.
(b) MAMA! MAMA! Did she win?
(c) MAMA! MAMA! She won!
(d) MAMA! MAMA! What happened at the Science Fair stays at the Science Fair!
14. According to Ruth, who is waiting to see Beatrice at the science fair?
(a) Peter, Mr. Goodman, and Dr. Berg.
(b) Tillie, Janice Vickery, and Mr. Goodman.
(c) Everybody ... including Miss Hanley.
(d) Betty, Nanny, and Tillie.
15. During the final portion of Tillie's science presentation, what special effect is used?
(a) Part of her speech is reverberated electronically and deep pulses of music are added as the light focuses on Tillie's face.
(b) Her voice is distorted and she sounds like an old woman.
(c) The sound of cats meowing is heard over the sound system, followed by the ringing of bells.
(d) Beatrice's voice is intertwined with Tillie's as the sound of horses trotting can be heard in the background.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
2. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
3. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
4. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
5. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)