|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
(b) Mr. Goodman.
2. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(b) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
(c) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
(d) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
3. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
(b) Grew ten feet in height.
(c) Gave off a foul scent.
(d) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
4. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
(a) Spread awareness about the effects of second-hand cigarette smoking.
(b) Look good on college applications to show you did something in school besides dating.
(c) Teach people to treat animals with care and humanity.
(d) Prove to everyone that she is the smartest girl in the school.
5. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
(a) Nanny and Tillie.
(b) Ruth and Nanny.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Beatrice and Ruth.
6. Which of the following characters is not at home in Act 2?
(a) Janice Vickery.
7. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) What's the matter with you?
(b) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
(c) Well, who won?
(d) Are you deaf?
8. Who attends the science fair with Tillie?
(c) Beatrice and Ruth.
(d) Beatrice, Ruth, and Nanny.
9. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
10. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(b) "I want to go home."
(c) "Why is everybody so excited?"
(d) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
11. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A bus.
(c) A horse.
(d) A limousine.
12. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
13. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(b) Sodium hydroxide.
14. Which character speaks the final line in Act 2?
15. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
2. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
3. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
5. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)