|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
2. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(b) She boiled the rabbit.
(c) She wrote the titles on the screen.
(d) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
3. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
(a) Take a picture of it.
(b) Bury it in the backyard.
(c) Give it to Ruth.
(d) Play with it.
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
(b) Beatrice and Nanny.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
5. From what organization did Janice Vickery acquire her experimental specimen?
(a) The A.S.P.C.A.
(b) The local zoo.
(c) The local pound.
(d) The town nursing home.
6. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
(a) She offers to help clean up the mess.
(b) She offers to call the doctor.
(c) She offers to get the first aid kit.
(d) She offers to call Nanny's daughter.
7. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
(a) They are misunderstood and potentially dangerous when tampered with by humans.
(b) They are more interesting than rabbits.
(c) A day will come when their power will change the world.
(d) A day will come when they are extinct.
8. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
(a) Cat and rabbit.
(b) Rat and mouse.
(c) Monkey and horse.
(d) Dog and bird.
9. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
(a) Two minutes later.
(b) Two years later.
(c) Two hours later.
(d) Two weeks later.
10. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
11. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
(a) Mr. Goodman.
12. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(b) She llit the animal on fire.
(c) She put it in a swimming pool.
(d) She boiled the animal.
13. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Rummages through drawers.
(c) Throws clothes onto tables.
(d) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
14. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She almost appears to be intelligent.
(b) She almost appears to be confident.
(c) She almost appears to be angelic.
(d) She almost appears to be sinister.
15. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
(a) Nanny's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
2. There is a last-minute change in plans before the science fair. What happens?
3. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
4. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
5. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)