|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
2. Of the events below, which one does NOT take place in Act 2?
(a) Beatrice opens a tea shop in her home.
(b) Nanny's daughter comes to remove her from the Hunsdorfer home.
(c) Tillie plants marigold seeds in the backyard.
(d) Ruth has a seizure.
3. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
(b) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(c) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
(d) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
4. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
(b) Gave off a foul scent.
(c) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(d) Grew ten feet in height.
5. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
(a) She offers to get the first aid kit.
(b) She offers to call the doctor.
(c) She offers to help clean up the mess.
(d) She offers to call Nanny's daughter.
6. Who wins at the science fair?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Chris Burns.
(c) Janice Vickery.
7. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Chris Burns.
(c) Miss Hanley.
(d) Janice Vickery.
8. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
(a) She settles down after a seizure.
(b) She dies.
(c) She goes on a date with Chris Burns.
(d) She buries the cat.
9. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
(a) MAMA! MAMA! Did she win?
(b) MAMA! MAMA! I bet Tillie made a fool of herself.
(c) MAMA! MAMA! She won!
(d) MAMA! MAMA! What happened at the Science Fair stays at the Science Fair!
10. There is a last-minute change in plans before the science fair. What happens?
(a) Beatrice forbids Tillie from attending.
(b) Tillie decides she can't face the students who teased her and decides to stay home.
(c) Ruth changes her mind and decides not to go because she wants to take care of Nanny.
(d) Beatrice tells Ruth she can't go, then she changes her mind and says she'll stay home instead.
11. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
12. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
(a) Mama, please don't embarrass me.
(b) Mama, that's MY dress.
(c) Mama, take off those feathers.
(d) Mama, you look beautiful.
13. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
(c) The family pet.
(d) Nanny's cane.
14. During Tillie's science presentation, she appears:
(a) Supremely confident.
(b) Hysterical with laughter.
(c) Deathly afraid.
15. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(b) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(c) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(d) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
2. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
3. What does Tillie finally decide to do with the rabbit in Act 2?
4. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
5. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)