|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins at the science fair?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Janice Vickery.
(d) Chris Burns.
2. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
(a) Always smoking.
(b) Always trying to make a better life for her girls.
(c) Always trying to get somewhere, like a great big bird.
(d) Always growing flowers.
3. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(b) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
(c) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
(d) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
4. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Gave off a foul scent.
(b) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
(c) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(d) Grew ten feet in height.
5. What does Ruth feed Peter?
6. From what organization did Janice Vickery acquire her experimental specimen?
(a) The local zoo.
(b) The local pound.
(c) The town nursing home.
(d) The A.S.P.C.A.
7. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
(a) Two hours later.
(b) Two weeks later.
(c) Two minutes later.
(d) Two years later.
8. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(b) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(c) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
(d) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
9. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
(a) MAMA! MAMA! What happened at the Science Fair stays at the Science Fair!
(b) MAMA! MAMA! Did she win?
(c) MAMA! MAMA! I bet Tillie made a fool of herself.
(d) MAMA! MAMA! She won!
10. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) That Tillie won.
(b) That Nanny fell down the stairs.
(c) That Papa appeared in a dream.
(d) That she had a seizure while they were gone.
11. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
(a) Kill them.
(b) Give them $20.
(c) Make rabbit stew.
(d) Report them to the police.
12. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
(a) A bright lipstick.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A horrible bow.
(d) A baggy sweater.
13. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
14. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
(a) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to recommend that they expel Janice Vickery this instant."
(b) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for making her wish she was dead."
(c) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to ask if they would accept the donation of a rabbit to their science department."
(d) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for giving her daughter a reason to smile."
15. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She llit the animal on fire.
(b) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(c) She boiled the animal.
(d) She put it in a swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
2. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
3. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
4. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
5. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)