|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A bus.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A limousine.
(d) A horse.
2. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
(a) Babyface Betty.
(b) Betty the Loon.
(c) Betty Butterfingers.
(d) Butterfly Betty.
3. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
(d) Janice Vickery.
4. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
(a) She says Ruth's sweater is too tight.
(b) She says Ruth's hair bow is too large.
(c) She says Ruth has a bad complexion.
(d) She says Ruth's lipstick is an ugly color.
5. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) A cat's meow.
(c) A gong.
(d) Piano music.
6. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
(c) The dead rabbit.
7. During Tillie's science presentation, she appears:
(a) Deathly afraid.
(b) Supremely confident.
(d) Hysterical with laughter.
8. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
9. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
(a) Beatrice calls the teachers underpaid and the students underachievers.
(b) Beatrice calls the teachers inept and the students exemplary.
(c) Beatrice calls the teachers stupid and the students vicious.
(d) Beatrice calls the teachers overpaid and the students overweight.
10. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
11. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
(b) Well, who won?
(c) Are you deaf?
(d) What's the matter with you?
12. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(b) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(c) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
(d) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
13. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
(b) She uses chloroform on the patient.
(c) She does not want to call the doctor.
(d) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
14. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
(a) She buries the cat.
(b) She settles down after a seizure.
(c) She goes on a date with Chris Burns.
(d) She dies.
15. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
(a) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(b) Beatrice and Ruth.
(c) Nanny and Tillie.
(d) Ruth and Nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
2. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
3. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
4. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
5. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)