|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Miss Hanley.
(c) Chris Burns.
(d) Janice Vickery.
2. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(b) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
(c) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
(d) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
3. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
(c) The dead rabbit.
4. During the final portion of Tillie's science presentation, what special effect is used?
(a) Her voice is distorted and she sounds like an old woman.
(b) Part of her speech is reverberated electronically and deep pulses of music are added as the light focuses on Tillie's face.
(c) The sound of cats meowing is heard over the sound system, followed by the ringing of bells.
(d) Beatrice's voice is intertwined with Tillie's as the sound of horses trotting can be heard in the background.
5. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
(a) Nanny and Tillie.
(b) Ruth and Nanny.
(c) Beatrice and Ruth.
(d) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
6. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
(a) Changed color.
(b) Gave rise to mutations.
(c) Were the least appealing to the rabbit.
7. Who wins at the science fair?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Chris Burns.
8. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
(a) A baggy sweater.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A horrible bow.
(d) A bright lipstick.
9. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Manic and cruel.
(b) Sad and empathetic.
(c) Frightened and shy.
(d) Peaceful and diplomatic.
10. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(b) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(c) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
(d) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
11. Who attends the science fair with Tillie?
(b) Beatrice, Ruth, and Nanny.
(d) Beatrice and Ruth.
12. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
(b) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(c) Gave off a foul scent.
(d) Grew ten feet in height.
13. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
14. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
(a) The football field.
(b) The Hunsdorfers' home.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The science fair.
15. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) Mother, could I have some tea?
(b) Mother, you didn't kill it, did you?
(c) Mother, did I look okay up there on the stage?
(d) Mother, did you get your hair done?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
2. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
3. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
4. From what organization did Janice Vickery acquire her experimental specimen?
5. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)