|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
(a) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to ask if they would accept the donation of a rabbit to their science department."
(b) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for giving her daughter a reason to smile."
(c) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for making her wish she was dead."
(d) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to recommend that they expel Janice Vickery this instant."
2. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
(a) Bury it in the backyard.
(b) Take a picture of it.
(c) Give it to Ruth.
(d) Play with it.
3. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
4. Which character makes this statement: "Someday I'm going to write a book and blast that school to pieces."
5. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) Well, who won?
(b) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
(c) Are you deaf?
(d) What's the matter with you?
6. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(b) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(c) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
(d) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
7. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(b) A gong.
(c) A cat's meow.
(d) Piano music.
8. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
9. Select the character below who makes the following statement in Act 2: "I hate the world."
10. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A limousine.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bus.
11. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
12. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
13. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She llit the animal on fire.
(b) She put it in a swimming pool.
(c) She boiled the animal.
(d) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
14. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
(b) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
(c) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(d) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
15. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(a) Sodium hydroxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
2. What does Ruth feed Peter?
3. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
4. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
5. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)