|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(b) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
(c) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(d) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
2. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
(a) Ruth and Nanny.
(b) Beatrice and Ruth.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Nanny and Tillie.
3. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
(a) Nanny's daughter.
4. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
(b) The family pet.
(c) Nanny's cane.
5. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
6. According to Tillie, the seeds which received little radiation ...
(a) Have grown to plants which are normal in appearance.
(b) Have grown to plants which are gigantic in appearance.
(c) Have grown to plants which are tiny in appearance.
(d) Have grown to plants which are unhealthy in appearance.
7. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
(a) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to recommend that they expel Janice Vickery this instant."
(b) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for giving her daughter a reason to smile."
(c) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for making her wish she was dead."
(d) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to ask if they would accept the donation of a rabbit to their science department."
8. Which of the following characters is not at home in Act 2?
(b) Janice Vickery.
9. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She boiled the animal.
(b) She put it in a swimming pool.
(c) She llit the animal on fire.
(d) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
10. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
(a) Take a picture of it.
(b) Bury it in the backyard.
(c) Play with it.
(d) Give it to Ruth.
11. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
(a) The football field.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The science fair.
(d) The Hunsdorfers' home.
12. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
(a) Two hours later.
(b) Two years later.
(c) Two minutes later.
(d) Two weeks later.
13. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing a business suit.
(b) Wearing a fur coat.
(c) Wearing a ballgown.
(d) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
14. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A horse.
(c) A limousine.
(d) A bus.
15. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(b) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
(c) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(d) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a last-minute change in plans before the science fair. What happens?
2. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
3. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
4. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
5. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)