|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
2. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
(b) Nanny's cane.
(c) The family pet.
3. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
(b) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(c) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
(d) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
4. According to Ruth, who is waiting to see Beatrice at the science fair?
(a) Peter, Mr. Goodman, and Dr. Berg.
(b) Tillie, Janice Vickery, and Mr. Goodman.
(c) Betty, Nanny, and Tillie.
(d) Everybody ... including Miss Hanley.
5. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Janice Vickery.
(c) Miss Hanley.
(d) Chris Burns.
6. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A horse.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A bus.
(d) A limousine.
7. When someone says goodnight to Beatrice at the beginning of Act 2, what name does she call her?
(a) Babyface Betty.
(b) Betty Butterfingers.
(c) Betty the Loon.
(d) Butterfly Betty.
8. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Throws clothes onto tables.
(c) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
(d) Rummages through drawers.
9. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Beatrice and Nanny.
10. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
(b) The dead rabbit.
11. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) Mother, could I have some tea?
(b) Mother, did you get your hair done?
(c) Mother, did I look okay up there on the stage?
(d) Mother, you didn't kill it, did you?
12. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
(a) She says Ruth's sweater is too tight.
(b) She says Ruth's hair bow is too large.
(c) She says Ruth's lipstick is an ugly color.
(d) She says Ruth has a bad complexion.
13. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(b) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(c) She boiled the rabbit.
(d) She wrote the titles on the screen.
14. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
(b) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
15. What does Ruth feed Peter?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what organization did Janice Vickery acquire her experimental specimen?
2. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
3. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
4. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
5. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)