|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
(b) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(c) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
(d) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
2. According to Ruth, who is waiting to see Beatrice at the science fair?
(a) Everybody ... including Miss Hanley.
(b) Betty, Nanny, and Tillie.
(c) Tillie, Janice Vickery, and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Peter, Mr. Goodman, and Dr. Berg.
3. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
(a) Take a picture of it.
(b) Play with it.
(c) Give it to Ruth.
(d) Bury it in the backyard.
4. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
(d) Janice Vickery.
5. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
(a) The school principal and Janice Vickery's mother.
(b) Mr. Goodman and Nanny.
(c) The school principal, Mr. Goodman, and Miss Hanley.
(d) The school principal and Janice Vickery.
6. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) That she had a seizure while they were gone.
(b) That Nanny fell down the stairs.
(c) That Papa appeared in a dream.
(d) That Tillie won.
7. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
(a) She offers to call the doctor.
(b) She offers to help clean up the mess.
(c) She offers to get the first aid kit.
(d) She offers to call Nanny's daughter.
8. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
(a) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(b) Nanny and Tillie.
(c) Ruth and Nanny.
(d) Beatrice and Ruth.
9. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
(a) Spread awareness about the effects of second-hand cigarette smoking.
(b) Teach people to treat animals with care and humanity.
(c) Prove to everyone that she is the smartest girl in the school.
(d) Look good on college applications to show you did something in school besides dating.
10. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
11. Who attends the science fair with Tillie?
(a) Beatrice, Ruth, and Nanny.
(c) Beatrice and Ruth.
12. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
(a) Babyface Betty.
(b) Betty Butterfingers.
(c) Betty the Loon.
(d) Butterfly Betty.
13. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Throws clothes onto tables.
(c) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
(d) Rummages through drawers.
14. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
(a) She is back home with her daughter.
(b) She is in the garden.
(c) She is in the basement.
(d) She is still in the Hunsdorfer's home.
15. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
(a) Mama, you look beautiful.
(b) Mama, take off those feathers.
(c) Mama, that's MY dress.
(d) Mama, please don't embarrass me.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
2. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
3. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
4. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
5. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)