|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tillie, the seeds which received little radiation ...
(a) Have grown to plants which are normal in appearance.
(b) Have grown to plants which are tiny in appearance.
(c) Have grown to plants which are unhealthy in appearance.
(d) Have grown to plants which are gigantic in appearance.
2. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) A cat's meow.
(b) Piano music.
(c) A gong.
3. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
(a) "I hate the world."
(b) "Life is what you make it."
(c) "What a beautiful world."
(d) "Get out of here and take that bag of bones with you."
4. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
(a) The rabbit.
5. Who wins at the science fair?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(b) Chris Burns.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
6. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
7. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
(b) Nanny's cane.
(d) The family pet.
8. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
(a) You better win.
(b) I'm really proud of you and I'd be happy to make a speech if you win.
(c) I don't care even if you do win the whole thing, I'm not making any speech.
(d) You know, even if you don't win, I'm still proud of you.
9. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
(a) She is back home with her daughter.
(b) She is still in the Hunsdorfer's home.
(c) She is in the basement.
(d) She is in the garden.
10. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The football field.
(c) The Hunsdorfers' home.
(d) The science fair.
11. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
(a) She offers to help clean up the mess.
(b) She offers to call Nanny's daughter.
(c) She offers to call the doctor.
(d) She offers to get the first aid kit.
12. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
(d) Mr. Goodman.
13. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) "Why is everybody so excited?"
(b) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(c) "I want to go home."
(d) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
14. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
(b) The dead rabbit.
15. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
(a) A baggy sweater.
(b) A bright lipstick.
(c) A horrible bow.
(d) A fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
2. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
3. During the final portion of Tillie's science presentation, what special effect is used?
4. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
5. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)