|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
(a) A bright lipstick.
(b) A baggy sweater.
(c) A horrible bow.
(d) A fur coat.
2. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
(d) Mr. Goodman.
3. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
4. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(b) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(c) She wrote the titles on the screen.
(d) She boiled the rabbit.
5. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
(a) Beatrice calls the teachers underpaid and the students underachievers.
(b) Beatrice calls the teachers stupid and the students vicious.
(c) Beatrice calls the teachers overpaid and the students overweight.
(d) Beatrice calls the teachers inept and the students exemplary.
6. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(b) She llit the animal on fire.
(c) She put it in a swimming pool.
(d) She boiled the animal.
7. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She uses chloroform on the patient.
(b) She does not want to call the doctor.
(c) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
(d) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
8. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
(b) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(c) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(d) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
9. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
(a) "Get out of here and take that bag of bones with you."
(b) "What a beautiful world."
(c) "I hate the world."
(d) "Life is what you make it."
10. Ruth compares Beatrice as a teen to Tillie. In what ways were they similar?
(a) Their hairstyles.
(b) Thier social awkwardness.
(c) Their love of pets.
(d) Their interest in science.
11. According to Ruth, who is waiting to see Beatrice at the science fair?
(a) Peter, Mr. Goodman, and Dr. Berg.
(b) Everybody ... including Miss Hanley.
(c) Tillie, Janice Vickery, and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Betty, Nanny, and Tillie.
12. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
(a) You know, even if you don't win, I'm still proud of you.
(b) I'm really proud of you and I'd be happy to make a speech if you win.
(c) I don't care even if you do win the whole thing, I'm not making any speech.
(d) You better win.
13. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(c) Sodium hydroxide.
14. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
(a) Give it to Ruth.
(b) Take a picture of it.
(c) Bury it in the backyard.
(d) Play with it.
15. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
(a) She is in the garden.
(b) She is back home with her daughter.
(c) She is in the basement.
(d) She is still in the Hunsdorfer's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth feed Peter?
2. Which character makes this statement: "Someday I'm going to write a book and blast that school to pieces."
3. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
4. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
5. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)