|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
(b) Wearing a fur coat.
(c) Wearing a ballgown.
(d) Wearing a business suit.
2. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
(b) She does not want to call the doctor.
(c) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
(d) She uses chloroform on the patient.
3. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(b) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(c) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
(d) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
4. During the final portion of Tillie's science presentation, what special effect is used?
(a) The sound of cats meowing is heard over the sound system, followed by the ringing of bells.
(b) Part of her speech is reverberated electronically and deep pulses of music are added as the light focuses on Tillie's face.
(c) Beatrice's voice is intertwined with Tillie's as the sound of horses trotting can be heard in the background.
(d) Her voice is distorted and she sounds like an old woman.
5. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
(b) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
(c) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(d) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
6. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
(a) Give them $20.
(b) Make rabbit stew.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Report them to the police.
7. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
(a) Mama, that's MY dress.
(b) Mama, take off those feathers.
(c) Mama, please don't embarrass me.
(d) Mama, you look beautiful.
8. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Miss Hanley.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Chris Burns.
(d) Janice Vickery.
9. Which of the following characters is not at home in Act 2?
(c) Janice Vickery.
10. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
(a) A day will come when they are extinct.
(b) A day will come when their power will change the world.
(c) They are misunderstood and potentially dangerous when tampered with by humans.
(d) They are more interesting than rabbits.
11. From what organization did Janice Vickery acquire her experimental specimen?
(a) The town nursing home.
(b) The A.S.P.C.A.
(c) The local pound.
(d) The local zoo.
12. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She almost appears to be confident.
(b) She almost appears to be intelligent.
(c) She almost appears to be sinister.
(d) She almost appears to be angelic.
13. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
(a) Betty Butterfingers.
(b) Butterfly Betty.
(c) Betty the Loon.
(d) Babyface Betty.
14. Who attends the science fair with Tillie?
(a) Beatrice and Ruth.
(d) Beatrice, Ruth, and Nanny.
15. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
(a) Gave rise to mutations.
(b) Were the least appealing to the rabbit.
(d) Changed color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
2. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
3. Who wins at the science fair?
4. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
5. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)