|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
(b) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(d) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
2. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
(a) MAMA! MAMA! She won!
(b) MAMA! MAMA! What happened at the Science Fair stays at the Science Fair!
(c) MAMA! MAMA! I bet Tillie made a fool of herself.
(d) MAMA! MAMA! Did she win?
3. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) Mother, could I have some tea?
(b) Mother, did you get your hair done?
(c) Mother, you didn't kill it, did you?
(d) Mother, did I look okay up there on the stage?
4. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
(b) Mutations will become more perplexing.
(c) Mutations will become less interesting.
(d) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
5. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(b) She boiled the rabbit.
(c) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(d) She wrote the titles on the screen.
6. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The football field.
(c) The science fair.
(d) The Hunsdorfers' home.
7. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
(a) "Get out of here and take that bag of bones with you."
(b) "I hate the world."
(c) "Life is what you make it."
(d) "What a beautiful world."
8. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A cat.
9. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
(a) A baggy sweater.
(b) A horrible bow.
(c) A bright lipstick.
(d) A fur coat.
10. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
(a) Ruth sneaking out of the house.
(b) Beatrice, who has been drinking.
(c) Nanny falling down the stairs.
(d) Tillie giving her presentation.
11. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
12. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
(a) Butterfly Betty.
(b) Betty the Loon.
(c) Babyface Betty.
(d) Betty Butterfingers.
13. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
(a) Ruth thinks it is going to be way better than Tillie's.
(b) Ruth thinks Janice copied Tillie's idea.
(c) Ruth thinks rabbits should not be used in such experiments.
(d) Ruth thinks what Janice did is murder.
14. Which person does Beatrice mention by name during her second phone call in Act 2?
15. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
(b) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(c) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
(d) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character makes this statement: "Someday I'm going to write a book and blast that school to pieces."
2. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
3. What does Tillie finally decide to do with the rabbit in Act 2?
4. Which character speaks the final line in Act 2?
5. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)