|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Chris Burns.
(d) Miss Hanley.
2. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
(a) She dies.
(b) She goes on a date with Chris Burns.
(c) She settles down after a seizure.
(d) She buries the cat.
3. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
(c) Nanny's daughter.
4. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
(a) MAMA! MAMA! Did she win?
(b) MAMA! MAMA! What happened at the Science Fair stays at the Science Fair!
(c) MAMA! MAMA! She won!
(d) MAMA! MAMA! I bet Tillie made a fool of herself.
5. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(b) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(d) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
6. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing a ballgown.
(b) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
(c) Wearing a business suit.
(d) Wearing a fur coat.
7. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Mutations will become less interesting.
(b) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
(c) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
(d) Mutations will become more perplexing.
8. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
(a) Beatrice, who has been drinking.
(b) Tillie giving her presentation.
(c) Ruth sneaking out of the house.
(d) Nanny falling down the stairs.
9. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) What's the matter with you?
(b) Well, who won?
(c) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
(d) Are you deaf?
10. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
11. Which character makes this statement: "Someday I'm going to write a book and blast that school to pieces."
12. During Tillie's science presentation, she appears:
(a) Hysterical with laughter.
(b) Deathly afraid.
(c) Supremely confident.
13. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(b) "Why is everybody so excited?"
(c) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
(d) "I want to go home."
14. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A rabbit.
15. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A horse.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A bus.
(d) A limousine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
2. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
3. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
4. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
5. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)