|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
(a) Always trying to make a better life for her girls.
(b) Always growing flowers.
(c) Always smoking.
(d) Always trying to get somewhere, like a great big bird.
2. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
(a) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for making her wish she was dead."
(b) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to recommend that they expel Janice Vickery this instant."
(c) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for giving her daughter a reason to smile."
(d) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to ask if they would accept the donation of a rabbit to their science department."
3. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
4. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
(a) She has a seizure.
(b) She grabs Tillie and dances with her in the living room.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She jumps for joy and calls Chris Burns.
5. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(b) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(c) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
(d) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
6. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
(a) Were the least appealing to the rabbit.
(b) Changed color.
(d) Gave rise to mutations.
7. Select the character below who makes the following statement in Act 2: "I hate the world."
8. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A horse.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A bus.
(d) A limousine.
9. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
(b) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(c) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(d) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
10. During Tillie's science presentation, she appears:
(a) Supremely confident.
(b) Hysterical with laughter.
(c) Deathly afraid.
11. What does Tillie finally decide to do with the rabbit in Act 2?
(a) Bury it the following morning.
(b) Expose it to colbalt-60.
(c) Give it to Janice Vickery.
(d) Hide it in the basement.
12. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
(b) "Why is everybody so excited?"
(c) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(d) "I want to go home."
13. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She boiled the rabbit.
(b) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(c) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(d) She wrote the titles on the screen.
14. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Peaceful and diplomatic.
(b) Frightened and shy.
(c) Manic and cruel.
(d) Sad and empathetic.
15. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
(a) The school principal and Janice Vickery's mother.
(b) The school principal and Janice Vickery.
(c) Mr. Goodman and Nanny.
(d) The school principal, Mr. Goodman, and Miss Hanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
2. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
3. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
4. When someone says goodnight to Beatrice at the beginning of Act 2, what name does she call her?
5. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)