|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) A gong.
(c) Piano music.
(d) A cat's meow.
2. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
(c) Rib bones.
3. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
(b) Water the marigolds.
(c) Rummages through drawers.
(d) Throws clothes onto tables.
4. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
(b) Wearing a ballgown.
(c) Wearing a business suit.
(d) Wearing a fur coat.
5. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
(b) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(c) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(d) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
6. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Miss Hanley.
(c) Chris Burns.
(d) Janice Vickery.
7. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(b) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
(c) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(d) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
8. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(b) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
(c) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
(d) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
9. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
(b) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(c) "I want to go home."
(d) "Why is everybody so excited?"
10. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
(b) Nanny's daughter.
11. Ruth compares Beatrice as a teen to Tillie. In what ways were they similar?
(a) Their love of pets.
(b) Thier social awkwardness.
(c) Their hairstyles.
(d) Their interest in science.
12. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
(a) Belligerent and drunk.
(b) Disappointed and shocked.
(c) Jubilant and giddy.
(d) Enthusiastic and proud.
13. Which character speaks the final line in Act 2?
14. Which person does Beatrice mention by name during her second phone call in Act 2?
15. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(d) Sodium hydroxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
2. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
3. When someone says goodnight to Beatrice at the beginning of Act 2, what name does she call her?
4. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
5. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)