|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
(a) A day will come when their power will change the world.
(b) They are more interesting than rabbits.
(c) A day will come when they are extinct.
(d) They are misunderstood and potentially dangerous when tampered with by humans.
2. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
(a) Ruth thinks what Janice did is murder.
(b) Ruth thinks rabbits should not be used in such experiments.
(c) Ruth thinks Janice copied Tillie's idea.
(d) Ruth thinks it is going to be way better than Tillie's.
3. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
(a) You know, even if you don't win, I'm still proud of you.
(b) I don't care even if you do win the whole thing, I'm not making any speech.
(c) You better win.
(d) I'm really proud of you and I'd be happy to make a speech if you win.
4. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
(b) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(d) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
5. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
(a) She jumps for joy and calls Chris Burns.
(b) She has a seizure.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She grabs Tillie and dances with her in the living room.
6. Who attends the science fair with Tillie?
(a) Beatrice and Ruth.
(c) Beatrice, Ruth, and Nanny.
7. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
(a) Donate it to the science department.
(b) Put it in her living room.
(c) Donate it to the local museum.
(d) Sell it and use the proceeds to pay for her next experiment.
8. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(b) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(c) She boiled the rabbit.
(d) She wrote the titles on the screen.
9. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
(a) Janice Vickery.
10. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
11. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
12. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Gave off a foul scent.
(b) Grew ten feet in height.
(c) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(d) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
13. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
(a) She is in the basement.
(b) She is still in the Hunsdorfer's home.
(c) She is in the garden.
(d) She is back home with her daughter.
14. Ruth compares Beatrice as a teen to Tillie. In what ways were they similar?
(a) Their hairstyles.
(b) Their interest in science.
(c) Their love of pets.
(d) Thier social awkwardness.
15. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(b) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(c) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
(d) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
2. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
3. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
4. What does Tillie finally decide to do with the rabbit in Act 2?
5. When someone says goodnight to Beatrice at the beginning of Act 2, what name does she call her?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)