|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Tillie's science presentation, she appears:
(a) Hysterical with laughter.
(b) Supremely confident.
(d) Deathly afraid.
2. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A cat.
3. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
(a) She jumps for joy and calls Chris Burns.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She has a seizure.
(d) She grabs Tillie and dances with her in the living room.
4. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
5. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(b) She wrote the titles on the screen.
(c) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(d) She boiled the rabbit.
6. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
(d) Rib bones.
7. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) Mother, you didn't kill it, did you?
(b) Mother, did I look okay up there on the stage?
(c) Mother, did you get your hair done?
(d) Mother, could I have some tea?
8. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(a) Sodium hydroxide.
9. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
(b) Are you deaf?
(c) Well, who won?
(d) What's the matter with you?
10. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
(b) Mutations will become more perplexing.
(c) Mutations will become less interesting.
(d) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
11. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
(a) MAMA! MAMA! Did she win?
(b) MAMA! MAMA! What happened at the Science Fair stays at the Science Fair!
(c) MAMA! MAMA! She won!
(d) MAMA! MAMA! I bet Tillie made a fool of herself.
12. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She put it in a swimming pool.
(b) She boiled the animal.
(c) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(d) She llit the animal on fire.
13. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
14. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
(a) Beatrice calls the teachers underpaid and the students underachievers.
(b) Beatrice calls the teachers overpaid and the students overweight.
(c) Beatrice calls the teachers stupid and the students vicious.
(d) Beatrice calls the teachers inept and the students exemplary.
15. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(b) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(c) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
(d) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
2. What does Ruth feed Peter?
3. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
4. According to Tillie, the seeds which received little radiation ...
5. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)