|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
(b) Janice Vickery.
2. What does Ruth feed Peter?
3. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
(b) Mutations will become more perplexing.
(c) Mutations will become less interesting.
(d) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
4. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
(a) She has a seizure.
(b) She grabs Tillie and dances with her in the living room.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She jumps for joy and calls Chris Burns.
5. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
(a) Teach people to treat animals with care and humanity.
(b) Spread awareness about the effects of second-hand cigarette smoking.
(c) Look good on college applications to show you did something in school besides dating.
(d) Prove to everyone that she is the smartest girl in the school.
6. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Grew ten feet in height.
(b) Gave off a foul scent.
(c) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(d) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
7. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(b) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
(c) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(d) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
8. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) A gong.
(b) Piano music.
(c) A cat's meow.
9. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
10. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
(c) Mr. Goodman.
11. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
(a) Rib bones.
12. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
(a) Give them $20.
(b) Report them to the police.
(c) Make rabbit stew.
(d) Kill them.
13. During Tillie's science presentation, she appears:
(a) Hysterical with laughter.
(b) Supremely confident.
(c) Deathly afraid.
14. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The football field.
(c) The science fair.
(d) The Hunsdorfers' home.
15. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(d) Sodium hydroxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins at the science fair?
2. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
3. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
4. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
5. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)