|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
(a) Prove to everyone that she is the smartest girl in the school.
(b) Look good on college applications to show you did something in school besides dating.
(c) Spread awareness about the effects of second-hand cigarette smoking.
(d) Teach people to treat animals with care and humanity.
2. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
(a) Tillie giving her presentation.
(b) Beatrice, who has been drinking.
(c) Ruth sneaking out of the house.
(d) Nanny falling down the stairs.
3. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
(a) She offers to call Nanny's daughter.
(b) She offers to call the doctor.
(c) She offers to help clean up the mess.
(d) She offers to get the first aid kit.
4. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bus.
(d) A limousine.
5. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(b) A gong.
(c) Piano music.
(d) A cat's meow.
6. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
(a) She is still in the Hunsdorfer's home.
(b) She is back home with her daughter.
(c) She is in the basement.
(d) She is in the garden.
7. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(b) "I want to go home."
(c) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
(d) "Why is everybody so excited?"
8. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(b) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
(c) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(d) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
9. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
(a) The family pet.
(c) Nanny's cane.
10. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
(b) The dead rabbit.
11. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
(a) Report them to the police.
(b) Make rabbit stew.
(c) Give them $20.
(d) Kill them.
12. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Chris Burns.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Janice Vickery.
(d) Miss Hanley.
13. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(b) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
(c) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(d) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
14. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
(a) Amanda Peters.
(b) Kitty Smith.
(c) Elizabeth Staub.
(d) Janice Vickery.
15. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
3. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
4. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
5. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)