|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) A gong.
(c) A cat's meow.
(d) Piano music.
2. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) Are you deaf?
(b) What's the matter with you?
(c) Well, who won?
(d) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
3. Of the events below, which one does NOT take place in Act 2?
(a) Beatrice opens a tea shop in her home.
(b) Ruth has a seizure.
(c) Nanny's daughter comes to remove her from the Hunsdorfer home.
(d) Tillie plants marigold seeds in the backyard.
4. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
(a) Donate it to the science department.
(b) Sell it and use the proceeds to pay for her next experiment.
(c) Donate it to the local museum.
(d) Put it in her living room.
5. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
(a) Elizabeth Staub.
(b) Kitty Smith.
(c) Janice Vickery.
(d) Amanda Peters.
6. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
7. Which character speaks the final line in Act 2?
8. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
(a) Belligerent and drunk.
(b) Disappointed and shocked.
(c) Jubilant and giddy.
(d) Enthusiastic and proud.
9. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
10. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She put it in a swimming pool.
(b) She llit the animal on fire.
(c) She boiled the animal.
(d) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
11. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) That Nanny fell down the stairs.
(b) That she had a seizure while they were gone.
(c) That Papa appeared in a dream.
(d) That Tillie won.
12. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
(a) Nanny's daughter.
13. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
(b) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(c) She wrote the titles on the screen.
(d) She boiled the rabbit.
14. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
(b) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(c) Beatrice and Nanny.
(d) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
15. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(b) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
(c) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
(d) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
2. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
3. What does Ruth feed Peter?
4. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
5. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)