|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A snake.
(c) A gerbil.
(d) A ferret.
2. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
(b) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
(c) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
(d) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
3. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
(c) Dr. Berg.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
4. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
5. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(a) Lighter fluid.
6. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
(b) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
(c) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
(d) "You deserve a great big hug!"
7. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(b) A little housecleaning.
(c) Planting marigolds.
(d) Cooking dinner.
8. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
(a) She fears that there is nothing left for her in life.
(b) She fears that Tillie and Ruth will never forgive her.
(c) She fears that Nanny will pour a pot of boiling water on her head.
(d) She fears she will never get over her fear of rats.
9. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
10. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(b) Equestrian clothing.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
11. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
(d) Real estate.
12. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(b) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(c) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
(d) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
13. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
14. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
15. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
2. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
3. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
5. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)