|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice's last name?
2. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Planting marigolds.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) A little housecleaning.
(d) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
4. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of marigolds.
(b) A pot of coffee.
(c) A pot of boiling water.
(d) A pot of honey.
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A hamster in a cage.
(b) A report card.
(c) A box of marigold plants.
(d) A carton of cigarettes.
6. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "You deserve a great big hug!"
(b) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
(c) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
(d) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
7. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Chloroform it.
(b) Dress it up in baby clothes.
(c) Put lipstick on it.
(d) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
8. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A saint.
(b) A model citizen.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A criminal.
9. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
10. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Nail polish remover.
(b) Hot water.
(c) Plant food.
11. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(d) Cell phones.
12. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(a) A swimsuit.
(c) Equestrian clothing.
(d) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
13. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
14. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
(a) Flower pots.
(b) Newspapers and junk.
15. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(c) Miss Hanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
2. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
3. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
4. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
5. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)