|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
2. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) A person whistling.
(c) An ambulance siren.
(d) Crashes of thunder.
3. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
(b) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
(c) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
(d) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
4. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Dress it up in baby clothes.
(b) Put lipstick on it.
(c) Chloroform it.
(d) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
5. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
(a) Real estate.
6. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Scorn and disrespect.
(b) Fear and loathing.
(c) Pride and enthusiasm.
(d) Jealousy and anger.
7. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A gerbil.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A snake.
8. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She isn't a pretty girl.
(b) She is half a test tube.
(c) She hardly says a word.
(d) She is the prettiest girl.
9. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(c) Clean up animal waste.
(d) Groom the horses.
10. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
11. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
12. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(b) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(c) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(d) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
13. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(a) Iced tea..
(c) Cough syrup.
14. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
(a) A model of an atom.
(b) A model of a vegetable farm.
(c) A model of a swimming pool.
(d) A model of a house.
15. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
(b) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(c) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(d) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
2. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
4. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
5. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)