|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
(c) Real estate.
2. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
3. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(d) Mr. Goodman.
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is a sweet girl.
(b) She is not a pretty girl.
(c) She is a mean girl.
(d) She is a pretty girl.
5. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
(b) Miss Torgersen.
(d) Dr. Berg.
6. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Clean up animal waste.
(b) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(c) Groom the horses.
(d) Water the marigolds.
7. What is Beatrice's last name?
8. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Nanny's late husband.
(b) Beatrice's father.
(c) Ruth's gym teacher.
(d) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
9. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
10. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
11. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(a) Dr. Berg.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
12. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Miss Torgersen.
13. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) Jean overalls.
(c) An evening gown.
(d) A bathrobe.
14. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(b) Lighter fluid.
15. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
2. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
3. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
4. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
5. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)