Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lentz take Richard?
2. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
3. What does Lentz do as a result of Helen's response during his and Richard's argument?
4. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
5. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
Why is Lentz driven to cut into Helen, and why is Richard ultimately resigned to allow him to? Why do men have to kill, or at least pry into, the things they create and come to love?
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
To what extent is Helen a replacement for the children Richard and C. never had? To what extent does Richard's writing fill that role?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)