|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say Lentz has left behind him?
2. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
3. What did Harold Plover realize his daughter was talking about when she was pointing at things?
4. What do Richard and C. do to relieve the tension in their relationship?
5. What is Helen's favorite poem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
As Richard recalls his time with C., he also makes advances toward Diana and A. If "Galatea 2.2" is a book about getting over a lover, what does Richard Powers suggest as the best method? Does he ultimately WANT to get over C.?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "Galatea 2.2". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)