|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does implementation F do as Richard trains it?
2. What did Harold Plover realize his daughter was talking about when she was pointing at things?
3. What behavior of Richard's does Helen emulate?
4. What kind of trauma did Audrey suffer?
5. Though he finds it easier to talk to Helen, whom does Richard want to talk to instead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does a conception of evil come from, and how did Richard learn it? Does he effectively teach it to Helen?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
What precedent does Helen's suicide have in the book? How has death been treated, and how is the machine's death similar to and different from other deaths we have seen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)