|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard describe the experiment with Helen to A.?
2. How does Richard crash implementation E?
3. What does Richard begin to appreciate as he continues to work with Helen?
4. What does Richard's work do for C.?
5. What does Helen conclude from reading William Blake's 'Poison Tree'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Richard's and Helen's experiences parallel, insofar as Richard struggled with Dutch, and struggled to find a language he and C. could speak together in their relationship, and Helen struggles to generate analysis of literature? How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
Essay Topic 3
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)