|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accident led the condition of Lentz's wife?
2. When did Richard's relationship with C. end?
3. What is the consequence of C.'s response to Richard's work?
4. What does Helen conclude from reading William Blake's 'Poison Tree'?
5. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
As Richard recalls his time with C., he also makes advances toward Diana and A. If "Galatea 2.2" is a book about getting over a lover, what does Richard Powers suggest as the best method? Does he ultimately WANT to get over C.?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "Galatea 2.2". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)