|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard teach Helen?
2. What does Helen need to do, in order to win the contest?
3. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
4. What did Richard and C. decide when she went back to the Netherlands?
5. What does Richard realize Helen is able to distinguish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
Essay Topic 2
When Richard meets Lentz, Lentz is experimenting with machines that can recognize beautiful music, and Helen ultimately requests music and poetry from Richard. Are Richard and Lentz asking the machines to do two different things, or are music and poetry treated as the same project?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)