Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lentz take Richard?
2. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
3. What does Lentz do as a result of Helen's response during his and Richard's argument?
4. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
5. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
When Richard meets Lentz, Lentz is experimenting with machines that can recognize beautiful music, and Helen ultimately requests music and poetry from Richard. Are Richard and Lentz asking the machines to do two different things, or are music and poetry treated as the same project?
To what extent is Helen a replacement for the children Richard and C. never had? To what extent does Richard's writing fill that role?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)