|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lentz tell Richard he is doing with Helen?
2. What does Richard realize Helen is able to distinguish?
3. What behavior of Richard's does Helen emulate?
4. What realm does Richard say Lentz has entered?
5. What does Lentz argue about Helen's mindset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "Galatea 2.2". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
What precedent does Helen's suicide have in the book? How has death been treated, and how is the machine's death similar to and different from other deaths we have seen?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Lentz driven to cut into Helen, and why is Richard ultimately resigned to allow him to? Why do men have to kill, or at least pry into, the things they create and come to love?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)