|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard read to implementation H?
2. What does Richard realize Helen is able to distinguish?
3. What realm does Richard say Lentz has entered?
4. What does Helen need to do, in order to win the contest?
5. When did Richard's relationship with C. end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
Essay Topic 2
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Where does a conception of evil come from, and how did Richard learn it? Does he effectively teach it to Helen?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)