|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard fall in love with C.?
2. What is Richard's role in Philip Lentz's project?
3. What is C's response as Richard buries himself in his work?
4. What happened after the success of Richard's book 'Gold Bug'?
5. What does the crash of implementation E lead Philip Lentz to develop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
Richard writes a book and Diana calls it misanthropic. Is "Galatea 2.2" a misanthropic novel? If so, what is the cause of its misanthropy? If not, what is the cause of its affection for mankind?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Lentz driven to cut into Helen, and why is Richard ultimately resigned to allow him to? Why do men have to kill, or at least pry into, the things they create and come to love?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)