|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lentz argue about Helen's mindset?
2. What was Richard like when he went to the Netherlands with C.?
3. What was C.'s experience of certification?
4. What does Richard realize about the things he could teach Helen?
5. Where does Lentz take Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard writes a book and Diana calls it misanthropic. Is "Galatea 2.2" a misanthropic novel? If so, what is the cause of its misanthropy? If not, what is the cause of its affection for mankind?
Essay Topic 2
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)