|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard describe the experiment with Helen to A.?
2. What does Richard say writers should never hope to do?
3. What does Richard realize about the things he could teach Helen?
4. What does Richard ask Helen during the training?
5. What insight does Richard make about writers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Lentz become a replacement for C.? How does Lentz call out the same struggles and aspects of Richard's personality that had been called out in Richard's relationship with C.? Alternatively, does Helen become a replacement for C. and how does "she" call out the same struggles Richard had been engaged in with C.?
Essay Topic 2
As Richard recalls his time with C., he also makes advances toward Diana and A. If "Galatea 2.2" is a book about getting over a lover, what does Richard Powers suggest as the best method? Does he ultimately WANT to get over C.?
Essay Topic 3
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)