|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard and C. live in the Netherlands?
2. What did C's letters to Richard contain?
3. What does Richard fantasize about while training Helen?
4. What does Lentz tell Richard he is doing with Helen?
5. What is C's response as Richard buries himself in his work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Helen shuts herself down in defiance of a world she does not feel at home in. Is "Galatea 2.2" a book about being out of one's element? How is this feeling presented throughout the novel, and what possible antidotes are there for it?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "Galatea 2.2". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)