Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lentz take Richard?
2. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
3. What does Lentz do as a result of Helen's response during his and Richard's argument?
4. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
5. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
Essay Topic 1
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out?
Essay Topic 2
Richard spends a great deal of time pouring literature into Helen's memory, at the same time that he pours C. out of his own memory. How does memory work in "Galatea 2.2"? Is it a source of strength, or of suffering? How important is the desire to forget, for Richard and for Helen?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "Galatea 2.2". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)