|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did C's letters to Richard contain?
2. What does Lentz argue about Helen's mindset?
3. What is Helen's favorite poem?
4. How does Richard describe the experiment with Helen to A.?
5. What does Helen have to be able to do in order to analyze literature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 2
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out?
Essay Topic 3
What precedent does Helen's suicide have in the book? How has death been treated, and how is the machine's death similar to and different from other deaths we have seen?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)