|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard's work do for C.?
2. What does Richard say writers should never hope to do?
3. What is the consequence of C.'s response to Richard's work?
4. What is C's response as Richard buries himself in his work?
5. What did Richard's letters to C. contain?
Essay Topic 1
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
Essay Topic 2
To what extent is Helen a replacement for the children Richard and C. never had? To what extent does Richard's writing fill that role?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)