|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lentz argue about Helen's mindset?
2. What does implementation F do as Richard trains it?
3. What is the consequence of C.'s response to Richard's work?
4. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
5. What did Richard and C. decide when she went back to the Netherlands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "Galatea 2.2". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
To what extent is Helen a replacement for the children Richard and C. never had? To what extent does Richard's writing fill that role?
Essay Topic 3
Richard spends a great deal of time pouring literature into Helen's memory, at the same time that he pours C. out of his own memory. How does memory work in "Galatea 2.2"? Is it a source of strength, or of suffering? How important is the desire to forget, for Richard and for Helen?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)