|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard teach Helen to do?
2. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
3. What does Richard give Philip Lentz as evidence for this assertion?
4. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
5. What does Lentz create for implementation F?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)