|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard think about his letters to C.?
2. What did Richard and C. decide when she went back to the Netherlands?
3. What did C. do to make Richard love her?
4. What does Richard realize about the things he could teach Helen?
5. What was Richard like when he went to the Netherlands with C.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Lentz driven to cut into Helen, and why is Richard ultimately resigned to allow him to? Why do men have to kill, or at least pry into, the things they create and come to love?
Essay Topic 2
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)