|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lentz take Richard?
2. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
3. What does Lentz do as a result of Helen's response during his and Richard's argument?
4. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
5. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
Essay Topic 1
Where does a conception of evil come from, and how did Richard learn it? Does he effectively teach it to Helen?
Essay Topic 2
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out?
Essay Topic 3
To what extent is Helen a replacement for the children Richard and C. never had? To what extent does Richard's writing fill that role?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)