Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lentz take Richard?
2. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
3. What does Lentz do as a result of Helen's response during his and Richard's argument?
4. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
5. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
Essay Topic 1
Helen ultimately shuts herself down because she is not adjusted to the real world, just the world of literature and Richard's personality. To what extent is this an allegory for machines and even for modern human culture? Are people today in the same position as Helen?
Essay Topic 2
How are Richard's and Helen's experiences parallel, insofar as Richard struggled with Dutch, and struggled to find a language he and C. could speak together in their relationship, and Helen struggles to generate analysis of literature? How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)