|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen need to do, in order to win the contest?
2. Whose influence does Richard talk about over coffee?
3. What does Richard begin to appreciate as he continues to work with Helen?
4. What does Lentz create for implementation F?
5. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 2
What precedent does Helen's suicide have in the book? How has death been treated, and how is the machine's death similar to and different from other deaths we have seen?
Essay Topic 3
Where does a conception of evil come from, and how did Richard learn it? Does he effectively teach it to Helen?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)