|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did C. do to make Richard love her?
(a) Adjust her life to his.
(b) Tend to her own unique perspective in her work.
(c) Give him support in his work.
(d) Admire his writing.
2. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
(a) He wants to know where Lentz is getting his funding.
(b) He wants to know the secret of programming the algorithms.
(c) He wants Lentz to apologize for deceiving him.
(d) He wants to know the story of Lentz and his wife.
3. What was the lovemaking like at the end of Richard's relationship with C.?
4. What does Lentz do as a result of Helen's response during his and Richard's argument?
(a) Spend less time with Helen.
(b) Ask A. out for coffee.
(c) Give Helen more scientific and philosophical texts.
(d) Reconsider his conclusion about Helen's consciousness.
5. What causes Richard to come home in tears?
(a) Nostalgia for the U.S.
(b) Sadness over the imminent breakup with C.
(c) Frustration with the Dutch language.
(d) Desire for marriage with C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's favorite poem?
2. What is the consequence of C.'s response to Richard's work?
3. What does Helen have to be able to do in order to analyze literature?
4. What does implementation F develop the ability to do?
5. Whose influence does Richard talk about over coffee?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)