|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say writers should never hope to do?
(a) Make money.
(b) Create living works.
(c) Win critical praise.
(d) Get famous.
2. What was C.'s experience of certification?
(a) A disaster.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) A mixed blessing.
(d) A life-changing event.
3. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
(a) He wants to know where Lentz is getting his funding.
(b) He wants to know the story of Lentz and his wife.
(c) He wants Lentz to apologize for deceiving him.
(d) He wants to know the secret of programming the algorithms.
4. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
(a) A service for Lentz's wife.
(b) A lecture by Lentz.
(c) Dinner with Diana.
(d) A demonstration of one of Lentz's implementations.
5. What did Richard and C. decide when she went back to the Netherlands?
(a) They would probably never see each other again.
(b) They would try some time apart, and reassess their relationship after a year.
(c) He would move with her.
(d) He would follow after her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard think about his letters to C.?
2. What does Philip Lentz design into implementation F to let it think recursively?
3. What did Richard's letters to C. contain?
4. What is Helen's favorite poem?
5. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)