|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Richard's relationship with C. end?
(a) When she found out that she could not have a baby with Richard.
(b) When she had her baby.
(c) When she found out that she was not in fact pregnant.
(d) When she became pregnant by another man.
2. What does Helen conclude from reading William Blake's 'Poison Tree'?
(a) Writing is its own form of artificial intelligence.
(b) Life can be reduced to black and white decisions.
(c) Life is a gray area between absolutes.
(d) Man has created fictional absolutes to live by.
3. What is C's response as Richard buries himself in his work?
(a) She is aloof from him.
(b) She is supportive.
(c) She devotes herself to filling his needs.
(d) She is critical.
4. What does Richard realize about the things he could teach Helen?
(a) The list is endless.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Consciousness can develop out of a small number of ideas.
(d) Some things are more important than others.
5. What does Richard say writers should never hope to do?
(a) Get famous.
(b) Create living works.
(c) Win critical praise.
(d) Make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose influence does Richard talk about over coffee?
2. What does Richard think Helen will never be able to grasp?
3. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
4. What does the crash of implementation E lead Philip Lentz to develop?
5. What realm does Richard say Lentz has entered?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)