|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen's favorite poem?
(a) 'The Most of It'.
(b) 'Poison Tree'.
(c) 'Evening Hymn'.
(d) 'Because I would not stop for death'.
2. What does Richard realize about the things he could teach Helen?
(a) Some things are more important than others.
(b) Consciousness can develop out of a small number of ideas.
(c) The list is endless.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. What does Helen make Richard see about consciousness?
(a) That it is only a fleeting and ineffable result of connections between neurons.
(b) That it can only be produced in a being at war with itself.
(c) That it constructs a best-fit pattern out of different input.
(d) That it consists of a certain internal echoing effect.
4. What does Richard read to implementation H?
(d) Anything he can think of.
5. What did Richard's letters to C. contain?
(a) Details of his affairs.
(b) Memories of their time together.
(c) Declarations of love.
(d) Criticisms of her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of C.'s response to Richard's work?
2. What does Harold Plover say his daughter wanted instead of nouns?
3. What does Richard's work do for C.?
4. What does Lentz argue about Helen's mindset?
5. What does Richard teach Helen to do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)