|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
(a) Her longing for the landscape.
(b) Her difficulties with American culture.
(c) His own role as a writer with a strong family.
(d) Her need for family.
2. What does Richard realize about the things he could teach Helen?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Some things are more important than others.
(c) The list is endless.
(d) Consciousness can develop out of a small number of ideas.
3. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
(a) He wants to know the story of Lentz and his wife.
(b) He wants to know where Lentz is getting his funding.
(c) He wants to know the secret of programming the algorithms.
(d) He wants Lentz to apologize for deceiving him.
4. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
(a) A demonstration of one of Lentz's implementations.
(b) A lecture by Lentz.
(c) Dinner with Diana.
(d) A service for Lentz's wife.
5. What does Philip Lentz design into implementation F to let it think recursively?
(a) Access to more texts.
(b) New circuitry.
(c) Access to images.
(d) A rule structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the downside of Richard's work in C.'s experience?
2. How does Richard crash implementation E?
3. What does Helen ask Richard?
4. What does Richard's work do for C.?
5. How does Richard see similarities between Lentz's relationship with his wife and his work with the implementations?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)