|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crash of implementation E lead Philip Lentz to develop?
(a) A theory of dissonance.
(b) A secondary input processing device for the implementation.
(c) Eyes for the implementations.
(d) Implementation F.
2. What is the downside of Richard's work in C.'s experience?
(a) She comes to mistake his characters' lives for her own.
(b) She loses her connection to the real world.
(c) She speaks in artificial literary language.
(d) She forgets her own language.
3. Though he finds it easier to talk to Helen, whom does Richard want to talk to instead?
4. What does Philip Lentz design into implementation F to let it think recursively?
(a) Access to more texts.
(b) A rule structure.
(c) Access to images.
(d) New circuitry.
5. What does Richard say he was trying to live with C.?
(a) Open marriage.
(b) Contingent love.
(c) Traditional marriage.
(d) Improvised love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say writers should never hope to do?
2. What does Helen need to do, in order to win the contest?
3. What story is Helen able to decipher when Richard reads it to her?
4. What is Richard's role in Philip Lentz's project?
5. When did Richard's relationship with C. end?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)