|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard ask Helen during the training?
(a) Where she comes from.
(b) Whether memory is real or not.
(c) What to do about C.
(d) What she knows.
2. About what kind of advances does Diana tell Richard?
(a) Programming protocols for testing hypotheses.
(b) Imaging technology that allows localization of neuron activity.
(c) Memory protocols to give machines awareness of the tasks they execute.
(d) Connectivity protocols that reduce bottlenecks.
3. What does Helen need to do, in order to win the contest?
(a) Understand but remain aloof from human experience.
(b) Replicate human experience.
(c) Write poetry.
(d) Console a grieving person.
4. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
(a) His own role as a writer with a strong family.
(b) Her need for family.
(c) Her difficulties with American culture.
(d) Her longing for the landscape.
5. What does Richard begin to appreciate as he continues to work with Helen?
(a) How formative physical experience is.
(b) How consciousness elevates people above material life.
(c) How robots will never be human-like if they cannot have physical experiences.
(d) How consciousness that is not rooted in physical experience is merely ethereal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard see similarities between Lentz's relationship with his wife and his work with the implementations?
2. What did C. do to make Richard love her?
3. What realm does Richard say Lentz has entered?
4. What does Richard read to implementation H?
5. Whose influence does Richard talk about over coffee?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)