|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lentz recommend Richard teach to Helen?
(a) Books others will pick.
2. Why did Richard fall in love with C.?
(a) Her vulnerability.
(b) Her ability to console him.
(c) Her visions.
(d) Her strength of character.
3. What does Richard's work do for C.?
(a) Gives her a world in which to live.
(b) Describes her to herself.
(c) Gives her an excuse to feel affection for things.
(d) Shows her things about the world.
4. What happened after the success of Richard's book 'Gold Bug'?
(a) He and C. became engaged.
(b) His relationship with C. diminished.
(c) He broke off with C.
(d) He convinced C. to move back to the U.S. with him.
5. What do Richard and Harold Plover discuss in section VIII?
(b) Plover's daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
2. What does Harold Plover say his daughter wanted instead of nouns?
3. What does Helen ask Richard?
4. What is Helen's favorite poem?
5. How was C. different in the Netherlands than she was in the U.S.?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)