|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
(a) A new book.
(b) Building a supercomputer.
(c) Developing a scientific model of consciousness.
(d) Building a robot.
2. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
(a) How easily he gets along with her children.
(b) How passionate Diana is about her research.
(c) How passionate he becomes.
(d) How lonely he has become.
3. How long was Richard with C.?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His family.
(b) His ex-lovers' families.
(c) His lovers and their time together.
(d) His family history.
5. What kind of research is Philip Lentz conducting?
(a) Building a computer for handling extremely large calculations.
(b) Making a mathematical model for consciousness.
(c) Teaching semiconductors to simulate neurons.
(d) Experimenting with sound waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard see Philip Lentz?
2. What does Richard suggest to Philip Lentz as a result of his conversation with Diana?
3. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
4. What happens during Philip Lentz's experiment?
5. Whom does Richard end up talking with, mostly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of response does Richard find himself getting from Helen in Section VIII?
2. What has Lentz accomplished by the time he builds implementation F?
3. What changes with implementation H?
4. What does Richard feel about himself and about his writing while Lentz is redesigning implementation B?
5. Why does Lentz not cut into Helen?
6. What are Richard's thoughts about letting Lentz 'cut into' Helen?
7. Describe the relationship between Philip Lentz and Richard.
8. What was happening with Richard and C. at the time that Richard published his first book?
9. What is Richard's reaction as he starts to spend time on Lentz's project?
10. What is Helen's relationship with music?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)