|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C. get in the mail that drags her spirits down?
(a) Letters from an old lover.
(b) Rejection letters from schools.
(c) Letters from her family.
(d) A promotion.
2. To what does Diana Hartrick invite Richard?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A weekend away.
(d) A drink.
3. What did C. begin to feel about Richard's writing?
(a) That it was taking him away from her.
(b) That it was turning her into a character of his.
(c) That it was more important than anything she was doing.
(d) That it was more real than he was.
4. What did Richard and C. have to furnish their apartment?
(a) Used furniture.
(b) Inherited furniture.
(c) Dilapidated furniture.
(d) Expensive new furniture.
5. Who does Philip Lentz call in to watch his experiment with implementation B?
(a) Ram Gupta.
(b) Harold Plover.
(d) Diana Hartrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard having difficulty with in the present moment, in the beginning of section II?
2. What does Richard finish in the beginning of section II?
3. What was C.'s reaction to Richard's storytelling?
4. Where does Richard try to draw stories out of people?
5. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the fact of C.'s parents moving to Limburg a crisis for Richard and C.?
2. What kind of response does Richard find himself getting from Helen in Section VIII?
3. What advances does implementation G make after implementation F?
4. What story does Harold Plover tell Richard about his daughters' language acquisition?
5. Who is C.? Describe Richard's relationship with her.
6. Describe Taylor's death and its importance to Richard.
7. How are Helen and C. parallel in their relationship with Richard?
8. Describe Richard's circumstances when he first met C.
9. What does Richard think about the lecture Lentz gives?
10. What were Richard's thoughts about getting married when he was with C.?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)