|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His ex-lovers' families.
(b) His lovers and their time together.
(c) His family history.
(d) His family.
2. What does Richard translate Diana's insight into?
(a) A theory of machine emotions.
(b) The concept of symbolic grounding.
(c) The imperative to teach the implementations pronunciation.
(d) Despair about the project.
3. To what does Richard compare implementation A?
(a) Someone with creative genius.
(b) A low-level amphibian.
(c) A loyal dog.
(d) Someone with autism.
4. What does Diana invite Richard to after chastising him?
(a) The theatre.
(b) A walk in the woods.
(d) A bar.
5. What did Richard and C. have to furnish their apartment?
(a) Inherited furniture.
(b) Expensive new furniture.
(c) Used furniture.
(d) Dilapidated furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Richard to threaten to leave Philip Lentz's project?
2. What was C.'s reaction to Richard's storytelling?
3. What is Philip Lentz starting to use as he works on implementation B?
4. Who is Diana?
5. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of response does Richard find himself getting from Helen in Section VIII?
2. What is Richard's reaction as he starts to spend time on Lentz's project?
3. What limitations does Richard come up against in Helen?
4. Why does Helen ultimately shut herself down?
5. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
6. What does Richard feel about himself and about his writing while Lentz is redesigning implementation B?
7. Who is A., and what is Richard's relationship with her?
8. What changes with implementation H?
9. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
10. Describe Richard's circumstances when he first met C.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)