|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
(a) Listen to all the gossip around him.
(b) Fade into anonymity.
(c) Introduce himself to everyone.
(d) Get straight to work.
2. Who does Philip Lentz call in to watch his experiment with implementation B?
(a) Diana Hartrick.
(c) Ram Gupta.
(d) Harold Plover.
3. What was C.'s job?
(a) Museum guard.
(b) Programmer analyst.
(c) Marketing executive.
4. What is the first step in back propagation?
(a) Input data to a neural net.
(b) Train a computer network to find data.
(c) Build a network of supercomputers.
(d) Program a computer to distribute information.
5. What does Richard do at his office night?
(d) Wander the halls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if information that comes out of back propagation does not match the information put in?
2. What causes Richard to threaten to leave Philip Lentz's project?
3. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
4. On what is Philip Lentz basing his project?
5. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is C.? Describe Richard's relationship with her.
2. What is the setting of "Galatea 2.2"?
3. What changes with implementation H?
4. What story does Harold Plover tell Richard about his daughters' language acquisition?
5. What does Lentz do when Richard asks him about his wife?
6. Why was the fact of C.'s parents moving to Limburg a crisis for Richard and C.?
7. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
8. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
9. How does Richard begin to see his relationship with C. now that he has space from it?
10. What work do Richard and Lentz begin together?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)