|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard act on his decision?
(a) He holds his tongue.
(b) He joins Lentz nonetheless.
(c) He reports Lentz's behavior to the Center.
(d) He tells everyone about Lentz's deceit.
2. With whom does Richard have an encounter at the end of section IV?
(b) Philip Lentz.
(c) Implementation B.
3. To what does Richard compare implementation A?
(a) Someone with creative genius.
(b) Someone with autism.
(c) A low-level amphibian.
(d) A loyal dog.
4. What does Richard suggest to Philip Lentz as a result of his conversation with Diana?
(a) Ears for the implementations.
(b) New avenues for funding.
(c) Emotional histories for the implementations.
(d) Eyes for the implementations.
5. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
(a) As democratic.
(b) As variously weighted.
(c) As disciplined.
(d) As lifelike.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
2. Where is Richard taking a position?
3. How long was Richard with C.?
4. What does Philip Lentz say about implementation B?
5. What did Richard realize when C. heard that her parents were moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
2. What is C.'s relationship with Richard's work while he is in the Netherlands?
3. What does Helen start to want to see images of?
4. Who is A., and what is Richard's relationship with her?
5. What kind of response does Richard find himself getting from Helen in Section VIII?
6. What does Richard think about the lecture Lentz gives?
7. What made C. appealing to Richard when he met her?
8. What does Richard begin to use in training implementation B?
9. Why does Helen ultimately shut herself down?
10. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)