|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the connection in the articles Philip Lentz gives Richard?
(a) Destabilization of currencies.
(b) Climate change.
(c) Neural nets.
(d) Ecological interconnection.
2. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His ex-lovers' families.
(b) His family history.
(c) His family.
(d) His lovers and their time together.
3. To what do Richard's attempts at conversation lead him?
(a) Alarming thoughts about the ignorance of college students.
(b) Disturbing thoughts about the state of the world.
(c) Soothing thoughts about getting wiser over time.
(d) Depressing thoughts about old age.
4. Why has this person come to talk to Richard in Section II?
(a) To put Philip Lentz in his place.
(b) To support Philip Lentz's theories.
(c) To enlist him in arguing against Philip Lentz.
(d) To sooth his loneliness.
5. For how long were Richard and C. happy together?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard realize when C. heard that her parents were moving?
2. How does Richard refer to Philip Lentz in their second meeting?
3. What did Richard and C. have to furnish their apartment?
4. Why is Richard upset by his lunch with Philip Lentz and others?
5. What is Richard worried about after his lunch with Philip Lentz and the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Richard's thoughts about getting married when he was with C.?
2. Who is Philip Lentz and how does Richard meet him?
3. Why does Lentz not cut into Helen?
4. Describe C.'s experience in her certificate program and its effect on her relationship with Richard.
5. What is Richard's reaction when he finds out that Lentz has tricked him with implementation C?
6. What is Richard's reaction as he starts to spend time on Lentz's project?
7. What are Richard's feelings about Diana Hartrick's children?
8. What were Richard's first few months in the Netherlands like with C.?
9. What made C. appealing to Richard when he met her?
10. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)