|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does Philip Lentz make in implementation B?
(a) An increase in processor speeds.
(b) An increase in interconnections.
(c) An increase in retention ability.
(d) A decrease in retention ability.
2. What is the connection in the articles Philip Lentz gives Richard?
(a) Ecological interconnection.
(b) Destabilization of currencies.
(c) Climate change.
(d) Neural nets.
3. What was Richard admitted to after he parted with C.?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) A research position.
(c) A Ph.D. program.
(d) A think tank.
4. What did Richard realize when C. heard that her parents were moving?
(a) That she was dying.
(b) That he did not know her well.
(c) That she had a history she had hidden from him.
(d) That he loved her more than he had ever loved anyone.
5. Who is Diana?
(a) Philip Lentz's research assistant.
(b) Richard's lover.
(c) Philip Lentz's lover.
(d) The person answering the questions for implementation C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say was a mother's consolation prize?
2. Where did Richard meet C.?
3. To what does Richard compare implementation A?
4. Who is Ram Gupta?
5. What did Richard say he got from C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Helen and C. parallel in their relationship with Richard?
2. What was happening with Richard and C. at the time that Richard published his first book?
3. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
4. What does Richard see in Lentz's office?
5. Describe C.'s experience in her certificate program and its effect on her relationship with Richard.
6. Why does Richard say he was originally attracted to C.?
7. What are Richard's feelings about Diana Hartrick's children?
8. Why does Lentz not cut into Helen?
9. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
10. What were Richard's first few months in the Netherlands like with C.?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)