Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
(a) Little Marcel.
2. What does Richard decide in response to his discovery that Lentz deceived him?
(a) Never to trust Lentz again.
(b) Not to work on Lentz's project any further.
(c) Not to let Lentz handle money.
(d) To tell the administration at the center about Lentz's deceit.
3. What does Richard translate Diana's insight into?
(a) Despair about the project.
(b) The concept of symbolic grounding.
(c) The imperative to teach the implementations pronunciation.
(d) A theory of machine emotions.
4. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His family.
(b) His ex-lovers' families.
(c) His family history.
(d) His lovers and their time together.
5. Who comes over to talk to Richard in Section II?
(c) Diana Hartrick.
(d) Philip Lentz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the connection in the articles Philip Lentz gives Richard?
2. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
3. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
4. How does Philip Lentz respond when Diana Hartrick challenges him?
5. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is C.? Describe Richard's relationship with her.
2. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
3. Describe Richard's circumstances when he first met C.
4. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
5. What leads Helen to say that she does not "want to play anymore"?
6. How do Richard and Lentz differ in their approaches to the project?
7. What work do Richard and Lentz begin together?
8. What does Richard feel about himself and about his writing while Lentz is redesigning implementation B?
9. Who is A., and what is Richard's relationship with her?
10. What does Richard receive in the mail in the beginning of section II?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)