|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened near the time Richard published his first book?
(a) C. received a promotion.
(b) C. heard that her parents were moving.
(c) C. got pregnant.
(d) C. moved back to live with her parents.
2. Philip Lentz's tirade make Richard think of _____.
3. What did Richard realize when C. heard that her parents were moving?
(a) That he loved her more than he had ever loved anyone.
(b) That she had a history she had hidden from him.
(c) That he did not know her well.
(d) That she was dying.
4. What does Richard think about after the scene of Philip Lentz's experiment?
(a) His first year with C.
(b) The abilities of robots.
(c) The text Lentz chose.
(d) The sadness of being human.
5. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The city of N.
(b) The town of U.
(c) The town of C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
2. What causes Richard to threaten to leave Philip Lentz's project?
3. What does time with Diana make Richard think back to about his time with C.?
4. How does Diana apologize to Richard?
5. To what do Richard's attempts at conversation lead him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taylor's death affect Richard and C.'s relationship?
2. What is the setting of "Galatea 2.2"?
3. Who is the main character, and what is he doing as the book begins?
4. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
5. Describe Taylor's death and its importance to Richard.
6. What are Richard's thoughts about letting Lentz 'cut into' Helen?
7. What does Richard notice during his first lunch with Lentz and the other researchers?
8. What does Richard begin to use in training implementation B?
9. What is back propagation?
10. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)