|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard suggest to Philip Lentz as a result of his conversation with Diana?
(a) Emotional histories for the implementations.
(b) Ears for the implementations.
(c) Eyes for the implementations.
(d) New avenues for funding.
2. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
(a) Introduce himself to everyone.
(b) Listen to all the gossip around him.
(c) Fade into anonymity.
(d) Get straight to work.
3. About what does Diana chastise Richard?
(a) Not eating.
(b) Smoking too much.
(c) Drinking too much.
(d) Not sleeping.
4. What are Philip Lentz and his friends discussing when Richard joins them?
(a) What kind of progress remains to be made in astrophysics.
(b) Whether a person can comprehend the full extent of his or her reading.
(c) When the global economy will collapse.
(d) Whether a machine could read philosophy.
5. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
(a) As lifelike.
(b) As variously weighted.
(c) As democratic.
(d) As disciplined.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Richard have an encounter at the end of section IV?
2. What mistake does Diana say Philip Lentz is making in his project?
3. Where did Richard live with C.?
4. What is implementation A?
5. What does Richard do at his office night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
2. Who is the main character, and what is he doing as the book begins?
3. What does Richard say about writing students in general?
4. What debate do Richard and Lentz have over Helen in the beginning of section X?
5. What are Richard's thoughts about letting Lentz 'cut into' Helen?
6. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
7. What advances does implementation G make after implementation F?
8. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
9. What is the setting of "Galatea 2.2"?
10. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)