|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The city of N.
(b) The town of C.
(d) The town of U.
2. Philip Lentz's tirade make Richard think of _____.
3. When does Richard recall parting with C.?
(a) At the end of the winter term.
(b) At the end of the fall semester.
(c) After Christmas.
(d) At the end of the summer.
4. Where did Richard meet C.?
(a) By chance in a bookstore.
(b) In a class he was teaching.
(c) At a conference where she was speaking.
(d) In a class she was teaching.
5. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
(a) How passionate Diana is about her research.
(b) How easily he gets along with her children.
(c) How passionate he becomes.
(d) How lonely he has become.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long were Richard and C. happy together?
2. What does Richard think about after he gets the invitation from Diana Hartrick?
3. How does Philip Lentz refer to the location where Richard lived before coming to this location?
4. What was Richard's job when he lived with C.?
5. What happens during Philip Lentz's experiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard see in Lentz's office?
2. What changes with implementation H?
3. What is Richard's reaction as he starts to spend time on Lentz's project?
4. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
5. What made C. appealing to Richard when he met her?
6. What leads Helen to say that she does not "want to play anymore"?
7. Why does Lentz not cut into Helen?
8. Who is C.? Describe Richard's relationship with her.
9. What does Richard say about writing students in general?
10. Describe Richard's circumstances when he first met C.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)