|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard say he got from C.?
(b) Emotional support.
(c) Material for his novels.
2. What does Richard conclude about Lentz's feelings about working together?
(a) That he wants to work alone.
(b) That he wants to push Richard away from the project.
(c) That he wants to get help but take all the credit.
(d) That he wants Richard to stay on the project.
3. Why does C. not join Richard in his plans?
(a) She just was accepted into a graduate program.
(b) She does not have enough money to come with him.
(c) She is involved with someone.
(d) She does not trust him.
4. With whom does Richard have an encounter at the end of section IV?
(b) Implementation B.
(d) Philip Lentz.
5. What kind of research is Philip Lentz conducting?
(a) Building a computer for handling extremely large calculations.
(b) Teaching semiconductors to simulate neurons.
(c) Experimenting with sound waves.
(d) Making a mathematical model for consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Diana?
2. To what does Richard compare implementation A?
3. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
4. What does Philip Lentz lead Richard to believe?
5. Where is Richard taking a position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
2. What does Richard receive in the mail in the beginning of section II?
3. Why does Lentz not cut into Helen?
4. What were Richard's first few months in the Netherlands like with C.?
5. What story does Harold Plover tell Richard about his daughters' language acquisition?
6. How do Richard and Lentz differ in their approaches to the project?
7. What does Helen start to want to see images of?
8. What does Richard think about the lecture Lentz gives?
9. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
10. How does Richard think about the stories he wrote while he was with C.?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)