|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard finish in the beginning of section II?
(a) Press materials for his current novel.
(b) His novel.
(c) A letter to C.
(d) A proposal for his next novel.
2. Who is Diana?
(a) The person answering the questions for implementation C.
(b) Philip Lentz's research assistant.
(c) Richard's lover.
(d) Philip Lentz's lover.
3. What is Richard worried about after his lunch with Philip Lentz and the others?
(a) Economic collapse.
(b) Science stagnating.
(c) His project failing.
(d) Imminent political instability.
4. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
(a) How passionate he becomes.
(b) How lonely he has become.
(c) How passionate Diana is about her research.
(d) How easily he gets along with her children.
5. With whom does Richard have an encounter at the end of section IV?
(b) Implementation B.
(c) Philip Lentz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was C.'s reaction to Richard's storytelling?
2. What change does Philip Lentz make in implementation B?
3. What does Richard say was a mother's consolation prize?
4. What does Richard say about happiness, after Philip Lentz's experiment?
5. To what does Richard compare implementation A?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard feel about himself and about his writing while Lentz is redesigning implementation B?
2. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
3. What kind of response does Richard find himself getting from Helen in Section VIII?
4. What is Richard's reaction as he starts to spend time on Lentz's project?
5. What has Lentz accomplished by the time he builds implementation F?
6. Describe Richard's dinner with Diana Hartrick.
7. Who is the main character, and what is he doing as the book begins?
8. How does Richard think about the stories he wrote while he was with C.?
9. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
10. What changes with implementation H?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)