|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Richard have an encounter at the end of section IV?
(a) Philip Lentz.
(c) Implementation B.
2. What is the first step in back propagation?
(a) Train a computer network to find data.
(b) Input data to a neural net.
(c) Program a computer to distribute information.
(d) Build a network of supercomputers.
3. Who is Ram Gupta?
(a) A sound wave researcher.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A cognitive psychologist.
(d) A perception researcher.
4. Where did Richard live with C.?
(a) In U.
(b) In B.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In London.
5. Who does Philip Lentz call in to watch his experiment with implementation B?
(a) Ram Gupta.
(b) Harold Plover.
(c) Diana Hartrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
2. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
3. Where did Richard meet C.?
4. What does Richard suggest to Philip Lentz as a result of his conversation with Diana?
5. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard begin to use in training implementation B?
2. What does Richard see in Lentz's office?
3. What limitations does Richard come up against in Helen?
4. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
5. How are Helen and C. parallel in their relationship with Richard?
6. What were Richard and C.'s thoughts about having children?
7. What were Richard's thoughts about getting married when he was with C.?
8. How does Taylor's death affect Richard and C.'s relationship?
9. Describe Taylor's death and its importance to Richard.
10. What story does Harold Plover tell Richard about his daughters' language acquisition?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)