|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The city of N.
(c) The town of C.
(d) The town of U.
2. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
(a) As disciplined.
(b) As lifelike.
(c) As variously weighted.
(d) As democratic.
3. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
(a) Listen to all the gossip around him.
(b) Fade into anonymity.
(c) Get straight to work.
(d) Introduce himself to everyone.
4. Where does Richard see Philip Lentz?
(a) Drinking alone.
(b) On the edge of a crowd watching music.
(c) In the middle of a crowd of people discussing theory.
(d) Drinking with an attractive woman who seems to be a student.
5. What did C. begin to feel about Richard's writing?
(a) That it was more real than he was.
(b) That it was taking him away from her.
(c) That it was turning her into a character of his.
(d) That it was more important than anything she was doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
2. What is Richard's response when he finds out that Philip Lentz has been deceiving him?
3. What was C.'s reaction to Richard's storytelling?
4. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
5. What does Richard think about after he gets the invitation from Diana Hartrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Richard's first few months in the Netherlands like with C.?
2. What is the setting of "Galatea 2.2"?
3. What does Helen start to want to see images of?
4. What is back propagation?
5. How do Richard and Lentz differ in their approaches to the project?
6. What is Lentz's success with implementation A and implementation B?
7. What does Diana Hartrick tell Richard at lunch?
8. What made C. appealing to Richard when he met her?
9. What was happening with Richard and C. at the time that Richard published his first book?
10. What are Philip Lentz and Diana Hartrick discussing when Richard sees them at the campus bar?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)