|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Philip Lentz want to test implementation B?
(d) Moving images.
2. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
(a) How easily he gets along with her children.
(b) How lonely he has become.
(c) How passionate he becomes.
(d) How passionate Diana is about her research.
3. What does time with Diana make Richard think back to about his time with C.?
(a) C. going away to work with another researcher.
(b) C. longing for anonymity after his book came out.
(c) C. flirting with another man.
(d) C. wanting children.
4. Why does Richard not take the position he is offered?
(a) He has to stay with his sick mother.
(b) He wants to travel.
(c) He wants to explore other options.
(d) He wants to stay with C.
5. How does Richard describe his relationship with C.?
(a) They never really connected.
(b) They merged into being one person.
(c) They became each other's best friends and worst enemies.
(d) They were alone in each other's company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened near the time Richard published his first book?
2. To what does Diana Hartrick invite Richard?
3. What is the first step in back propagation?
4. What does Richard find when he accepts Diana's invitation?
5. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes with implementation H?
2. What is Richard's reaction when he finds out that Lentz has tricked him with implementation C?
3. How does Richard Powers use flashbacks in his narrative?
4. Who is A., and what is Richard's relationship with her?
5. Describe the relationship between Philip Lentz and Richard.
6. What story does Harold Plover tell Richard about his daughters' language acquisition?
7. What is C.'s relationship with Richard's work while he is in the Netherlands?
8. What does Richard say about writing students in general?
9. What are Richard's thoughts about letting Lentz 'cut into' Helen?
10. What does Richard see in Lentz's office?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)