|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philip Lentz starting to use as he works on implementation B?
(a) Teaching it to find information.
(b) Additional memory.
(c) Additional processing power.
(d) 'No' commands.
2. What causes Richard to threaten to leave Philip Lentz's project?
(a) Lentz's sexism.
(b) Lentz's cynicism.
(c) Lentz's drinking.
(d) Problems with its theoretical foundations.
3. What does Philip Lentz say about implementation B?
(a) It needs to write its own programs.
(b) It needs to be able to teach itself how to solve problems.
(c) It needs to find its own energy sources.
(d) It needs to process its processing.
4. Where was Richard before he moved back to the U.S.?
(b) The Netherlands.
5. What is the first step in back propagation?
(a) Build a network of supercomputers.
(b) Input data to a neural net.
(c) Program a computer to distribute information.
(d) Train a computer network to find data.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard not take the position he is offered?
2. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
3. What did Richard and C. have to furnish their apartment?
4. With what does Philip Lentz want to test implementation B?
5. Philip Lentz's tirade make Richard think of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard begin to see his relationship with C. now that he has space from it?
2. What made C. appealing to Richard when he met her?
3. How does Taylor's death affect Richard and C.'s relationship?
4. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
5. What advances does implementation G make after implementation F?
6. How does Richard think about the stories he wrote while he was with C.?
7. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
8. What does Helen start to want to see images of?
9. What is back propagation?
10. Describe the difference between Richard and C.'s letters to each other when C. goes to Europe ahead of Richard.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)