|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard try to draw stories out of people?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) Lectures at the center.
(c) Phone calls to his friends.
(d) A local bar.
2. What did Richard say he got from C.?
(c) Material for his novels.
(d) Emotional support.
3. What is Richard's response when he finds out that Philip Lentz has been deceiving him?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He thanks Lentz for telling him the truth.
(c) He is understanding.
(d) He breaks off ties with Lentz.
4. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
(a) A new book.
(b) Building a robot.
(c) Building a supercomputer.
(d) Developing a scientific model of consciousness.
5. What got Richard this position?
(a) The notoriety of his most recent book.
(b) The renown of his Pulitzer Prize.
(c) The brilliance of his lectures.
(d) A friend with connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if information that comes out of back propagation does not match the information put in?
2. Where does Richard see Philip Lentz?
3. Why is Richard upset by his lunch with Philip Lentz and others?
4. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
5. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advances does implementation G make after implementation F?
2. Who is the main character, and what is he doing as the book begins?
3. What does Richard think about the lecture Lentz gives?
4. How does Richard think about the stories he wrote while he was with C.?
5. What are Richard's feelings about Diana Hartrick's children?
6. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
7. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
8. What does Richard say about writing students in general?
9. How does Taylor's death affect Richard and C.'s relationship?
10. What does Richard receive in the mail in the beginning of section II?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)