Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
(a) Little Marcel.
2. What does Richard decide in response to his discovery that Lentz deceived him?
(a) Never to trust Lentz again.
(b) Not to work on Lentz's project any further.
(c) Not to let Lentz handle money.
(d) To tell the administration at the center about Lentz's deceit.
3. What does Richard translate Diana's insight into?
(a) Despair about the project.
(b) The concept of symbolic grounding.
(c) The imperative to teach the implementations pronunciation.
(d) A theory of machine emotions.
4. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His family.
(b) His ex-lovers' families.
(c) His family history.
(d) His lovers and their time together.
5. Who comes over to talk to Richard in Section II?
(c) Diana Hartrick.
(d) Philip Lentz.
6. What is the connection in the articles Philip Lentz gives Richard?
(a) Destabilization of currencies.
(b) Ecological interconnection.
(c) Climate change.
(d) Neural nets.
7. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The town of U.
(b) The town of C.
(d) The city of N.
8. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
(a) He confides in him.
(b) He encourages him.
(c) He baits him.
(d) He insults him.
9. How does Philip Lentz respond when Diana Hartrick challenges him?
(a) He insults her.
(b) He jumps out of his seat with a realization.
(c) He explains at length.
(d) He agrees that she has a valid point.
10. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
(a) How passionate he becomes.
(b) How passionate Diana is about her research.
(c) How lonely he has become.
(d) How easily he gets along with her children.
11. How long was Richard with C.?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 10 years.
12. What did C. begin to feel about Richard's writing?
(a) That it was more important than anything she was doing.
(b) That it was turning her into a character of his.
(c) That it was more real than he was.
(d) That it was taking him away from her.
13. What does Philip Lentz lead Richard to believe?
(a) That he was giving Richard credit for implementation C's advances.
(b) That C. was trying to get in touch with him.
(c) That implementation C had made huge strides.
(d) That implementation B was a failure.
14. Why does Richard not take the position he is offered?
(a) He wants to travel.
(b) He has to stay with his sick mother.
(c) He wants to explore other options.
(d) He wants to stay with C.
15. What happens if information that comes out of back propagation does not match the information put in?
(a) It is corrected.
(b) It is sent through again.
(c) It is used for reprogramming the neural net.
(d) It is discarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did C. feel when her family told her that they were moving?
2. What does Richard suggest to Philip Lentz as a result of his conversation with Diana?
3. What is Richard having difficulty with in the present moment, in the beginning of section II?
4. What does time with Diana make Richard think back to about his time with C.?
5. What was C.'s job?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)