|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
(a) He confides in him.
(b) He baits him.
(c) He insults him.
(d) He encourages him.
2. Where was Richard before he moved back to the U.S.?
(b) The Netherlands.
3. How long was Richard with C.?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What does Richard conclude about Lentz's feelings about working together?
(a) That he wants to work alone.
(b) That he wants Richard to stay on the project.
(c) That he wants to get help but take all the credit.
(d) That he wants to push Richard away from the project.
5. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The town of U.
(b) The city of N.
(d) The town of C.
6. What are Philip Lentz and his friends discussing when Richard joins them?
(a) Whether a person can comprehend the full extent of his or her reading.
(b) What kind of progress remains to be made in astrophysics.
(c) Whether a machine could read philosophy.
(d) When the global economy will collapse.
7. What does Richard see in the photograph of Philip Lentz and his wife?
(c) Profound love.
8. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His ex-lovers' families.
(b) His family history.
(c) His lovers and their time together.
(d) His family.
9. What does Richard think about after he gets the invitation from Diana Hartrick?
(a) Going home for dinner.
(b) Meeting C.
(c) Making love with Diana Hartrick.
(d) Making love with C.
10. What change does Philip Lentz make in implementation B?
(a) An increase in retention ability.
(b) An increase in processor speeds.
(c) An increase in interconnections.
(d) A decrease in retention ability.
11. How does Richard describe his relationship with C.?
(a) They merged into being one person.
(b) They were alone in each other's company.
(c) They never really connected.
(d) They became each other's best friends and worst enemies.
12. What is it that bothers Richard about Philip Lentz's deception?
(a) That he ever let Lentz close to him.
(b) That he, Richard, cares so much about the project.
(c) That Lentz took Diana away from him.
(d) That he has so little going for himself that he has become a character in Lentz' research.
13. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
(a) How lonely he has become.
(b) How passionate he becomes.
(c) How passionate Diana is about her research.
(d) How easily he gets along with her children.
14. How does Diana apologize to Richard?
(a) She invites him to lunch.
(b) She breaks with Lentz.
(c) She writes him a long note.
(d) She buys him a bottle of Scotch.
15. Who does Philip Lentz call in to watch his experiment with implementation B?
(a) Harold Plover.
(b) Ram Gupta.
(d) Diana Hartrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Richard recall parting with C.?
2. How does Richard refer to Philip Lentz in their second meeting?
3. What causes Richard to threaten to leave Philip Lentz's project?
4. What did Richard say he got from C.?
5. How does Philip Lentz refer to the location where Richard lived before coming to this location?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)