|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip Lentz lead Richard to believe?
(a) That implementation B was a failure.
(b) That implementation C had made huge strides.
(c) That he was giving Richard credit for implementation C's advances.
(d) That C. was trying to get in touch with him.
2. What was Richard's job when he lived with C.?
(a) Museum guard.
(b) Tour guide.
3. What does Richard think about after he gets the invitation from Diana Hartrick?
(a) Making love with C.
(b) Going home for dinner.
(c) Meeting C.
(d) Making love with Diana Hartrick.
4. What is Richard's response when he finds out that Philip Lentz has been deceiving him?
(a) He thanks Lentz for telling him the truth.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He breaks off ties with Lentz.
(d) He is understanding.
5. How did Richard and C. handle the cold when they lived together?
(a) By making love.
(b) By cooking soups.
(c) By burning manuscript pages.
(d) By reading stories.
6. Of what does Richard say he is afraid?
(a) Realizing his dreams.
(b) Losing his savings.
(c) Failing in his writing.
(d) Wasting his opportunities.
7. What was C.'s job?
(a) Programmer analyst.
(b) Marketing executive.
(d) Museum guard.
8. Where is Richard taking a position?
(a) At the Center for the Study of Advanced Sciences.
(b) At the Museum of Natural Science.
(c) At the Los Alamos lab.
(d) At Fermilab.
9. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The town of U.
(b) The town of C.
(c) The city of N.
10. Who does Philip Lentz call in to watch his experiment with implementation B?
(a) Harold Plover.
(c) Ram Gupta.
(d) Diana Hartrick.
11. What did Richard and C. have to furnish their apartment?
(a) Dilapidated furniture.
(b) Used furniture.
(c) Expensive new furniture.
(d) Inherited furniture.
12. Where did Richard live with C.?
(a) In B.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In U.
(d) In London.
13. What got Richard this position?
(a) The brilliance of his lectures.
(b) A friend with connections.
(c) The notoriety of his most recent book.
(d) The renown of his Pulitzer Prize.
14. Why does Richard not take the position he is offered?
(a) He wants to stay with C.
(b) He wants to explore other options.
(c) He has to stay with his sick mother.
(d) He wants to travel.
15. Who comes over to talk to Richard in Section II?
(a) Diana Hartrick.
(b) Philip Lentz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step in back propagation?
2. What surprises Richard in his reaction to the time he spends with Diana?
3. What does Richard find when he accepts Diana's invitation?
4. What is the connection in the articles Philip Lentz gives Richard?
5. For how long were Richard and C. happy together?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)