|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Diana?
(a) The person answering the questions for implementation C.
(b) Richard's lover.
(c) Philip Lentz's lover.
(d) Philip Lentz's research assistant.
2. What happens if information that comes out of back propagation does not match the information put in?
(a) It is used for reprogramming the neural net.
(b) It is corrected.
(c) It is sent through again.
(d) It is discarded.
3. Why does Richard not take the position he is offered?
(a) He wants to stay with C.
(b) He wants to travel.
(c) He wants to explore other options.
(d) He has to stay with his sick mother.
4. What does Richard find when he accepts Diana's invitation?
(a) She wants to spend time with him alone.
(b) She has children.
(c) She has a crush on him.
(d) She wants to tell him secrets about Philip Lentz.
5. How did Richard and C. handle the cold when they lived together?
(a) By burning manuscript pages.
(b) By cooking soups.
(c) By making love.
(d) By reading stories.
6. What did Richard and C. have to furnish their apartment?
(a) Dilapidated furniture.
(b) Expensive new furniture.
(c) Inherited furniture.
(d) Used furniture.
7. What is Richard worried about after his lunch with Philip Lentz and the others?
(a) His project failing.
(b) Science stagnating.
(c) Economic collapse.
(d) Imminent political instability.
8. What was C.'s job?
(b) Marketing executive.
(c) Museum guard.
(d) Programmer analyst.
9. What mistake does Diana say Philip Lentz is making in his project?
(a) Not giving his implementations audio input.
(b) Not giving his implementations motivation to answer correctly.
(c) Not giving his implementations visual input.
(d) Not modeling his implementations emotions.
10. How does Richard act on his decision?
(a) He holds his tongue.
(b) He reports Lentz's behavior to the Center.
(c) He joins Lentz nonetheless.
(d) He tells everyone about Lentz's deceit.
11. Which literary term describes the story about C.?
12. Who is Ram Gupta?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A sound wave researcher.
(c) A cognitive psychologist.
(d) A perception researcher.
13. What does Richard say was a mother's consolation prize?
(a) C's birth.
(b) U's education.
(c) V's marriage.
(d) E's emigration to the U.S.
14. What does Richard conclude about Lentz's feelings about working together?
(a) That he wants Richard to stay on the project.
(b) That he wants to get help but take all the credit.
(c) That he wants to push Richard away from the project.
(d) That he wants to work alone.
15. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
(a) He confides in him.
(b) He encourages him.
(c) He insults him.
(d) He baits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Richard recall parting with C.?
2. Philip Lentz's tirade make Richard think of _____.
3. What is it that bothers Richard about Philip Lentz's deception?
4. What was Richard's job when he lived with C.?
5. How does Richard refer to Philip Lentz in their second meeting?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)