|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes over to talk to Richard in Section II?
(a) Philip Lentz.
(c) Diana Hartrick.
2. What is it that bothers Richard about Philip Lentz's deception?
(a) That he ever let Lentz close to him.
(b) That he has so little going for himself that he has become a character in Lentz' research.
(c) That Lentz took Diana away from him.
(d) That he, Richard, cares so much about the project.
3. How long was Richard with C.?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. Where was Richard before he moved back to the U.S.?
(c) The Netherlands.
5. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His lovers and their time together.
(b) His family.
(c) His ex-lovers' families.
(d) His family history.
6. What happens during Philip Lentz's experiment?
(a) Implementation B recognizes the historical period of the piece.
(b) Implementation B identifies the music.
(c) Implementation B deciphers the text.
(d) Implementation B identifies the people in the images.
7. How does Richard act on his decision?
(a) He reports Lentz's behavior to the Center.
(b) He tells everyone about Lentz's deceit.
(c) He holds his tongue.
(d) He joins Lentz nonetheless.
8. Whom does Richard end up talking with, mostly?
(c) Old people.
(d) Young people.
9. What does Richard do at his office night?
(c) Wander the halls.
10. What does Richard find when he accepts Diana's invitation?
(a) She wants to tell him secrets about Philip Lentz.
(b) She wants to spend time with him alone.
(c) She has a crush on him.
(d) She has children.
11. What is Philip Lentz starting to use as he works on implementation B?
(a) Additional memory.
(b) Additional processing power.
(c) Teaching it to find information.
(d) 'No' commands.
12. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The town of U.
(b) The town of C.
(c) The city of N.
13. What does time with Diana make Richard think back to about his time with C.?
(a) C. flirting with another man.
(b) C. wanting children.
(c) C. going away to work with another researcher.
(d) C. longing for anonymity after his book came out.
14. What does Richard finish in the beginning of section II?
(a) Press materials for his current novel.
(b) A proposal for his next novel.
(c) His novel.
(d) A letter to C.
15. Where does Richard see Philip Lentz?
(a) Drinking alone.
(b) In the middle of a crowd of people discussing theory.
(c) Drinking with an attractive woman who seems to be a student.
(d) On the edge of a crowd watching music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard suggest to Philip Lentz as a result of his conversation with Diana?
2. What was Richard admitted to after he parted with C.?
3. To what do Richard's attempts at conversation lead him?
4. What are Philip Lentz and his friends discussing when Richard joins them?
5. What is Richard's response when he finds out that Philip Lentz has been deceiving him?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)