|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard describe his relationship with C.?
(a) They became each other's best friends and worst enemies.
(b) They merged into being one person.
(c) They were alone in each other's company.
(d) They never really connected.
2. Who is Ram Gupta?
(a) A sound wave researcher.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A cognitive psychologist.
(d) A perception researcher.
3. Which literary term describes the story about C.?
4. What mistake does Diana say Philip Lentz is making in his project?
(a) Not giving his implementations visual input.
(b) Not giving his implementations motivation to answer correctly.
(c) Not modeling his implementations emotions.
(d) Not giving his implementations audio input.
5. What happens during Philip Lentz's experiment?
(a) Implementation B deciphers the text.
(b) Implementation B recognizes the historical period of the piece.
(c) Implementation B identifies the people in the images.
(d) Implementation B identifies the music.
6. What was C.'s reaction to Richard's storytelling?
(a) She was rapt.
(b) She was patient but uninterested.
(c) She was enthusiastic and collaborated with him as he told the stories.
(d) She pretended to be interested.
7. What does Richard find when he accepts Diana's invitation?
(a) She wants to spend time with him alone.
(b) She has a crush on him.
(c) She wants to tell him secrets about Philip Lentz.
(d) She has children.
8. What does Richard think about after the scene of Philip Lentz's experiment?
(a) His first year with C.
(b) The text Lentz chose.
(c) The abilities of robots.
(d) The sadness of being human.
9. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
(a) He confides in him.
(b) He encourages him.
(c) He baits him.
(d) He insults him.
10. What is Richard having difficulty with in the present moment, in the beginning of section II?
(a) Devising a plot for his next novel.
(b) Getting in touch with his editor.
(c) Getting paid.
(d) Remembering things.
11. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
(a) As variously weighted.
(b) As democratic.
(c) As lifelike.
(d) As disciplined.
12. Why does Richard not take the position he is offered?
(a) He wants to travel.
(b) He has to stay with his sick mother.
(c) He wants to explore other options.
(d) He wants to stay with C.
13. What draws Richard to Philip Lentz's office?
(a) Loud conversation.
(b) He hears John Donne's poetry.
(d) Mozart music.
14. What does Richard conclude about Lentz's feelings about working together?
(a) That he wants to push Richard away from the project.
(b) That he wants Richard to stay on the project.
(c) That he wants to work alone.
(d) That he wants to get help but take all the credit.
15. How does Philip Lentz respond when Diana Hartrick challenges him?
(a) He explains at length.
(b) He jumps out of his seat with a realization.
(c) He insults her.
(d) He agrees that she has a valid point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
2. What was Richard's job when he lived with C.?
3. What does Richard translate Diana's insight into?
4. About what does Diana chastise Richard?
5. How does Philip Lentz refer to the location where Richard lived before coming to this location?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)