Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is the setting of "Galatea 2.2"?
2. Who is the main character, and what is he doing as the book begins?
3. Who is Philip Lentz and how does Richard meet him?
4. Describe the relationship between Philip Lentz and Richard.
5. Who is C.? Describe Richard's relationship with her.
6. What work do Richard and Lentz begin together?
7. What does Richard receive in the mail in the beginning of section II?
8. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
9. What are Philip Lentz and Diana Hartrick discussing when Richard sees them at the campus bar?
10. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
11. How does Richard Powers use flashbacks in his narrative?
12. What made C. appealing to Richard when he met her?
13. Describe Richard's circumstances when he first met C.
14. What is back propagation?
15. What does Richard notice during his first lunch with Lentz and the other researchers?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)