|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI (pages 301-329).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did C's letters to Richard contain?
(a) Details about her affairs.
(b) Insights into his books.
(c) Recipes from home.
(d) Stories from her mother.
2. Who does Philip Lentz call in to watch his experiment with implementation B?
(a) Ram Gupta.
(c) Diana Hartrick.
(d) Harold Plover.
3. What is it that bothers Richard about Philip Lentz's deception?
(a) That he ever let Lentz close to him.
(b) That he has so little going for himself that he has become a character in Lentz' research.
(c) That Lentz took Diana away from him.
(d) That he, Richard, cares so much about the project.
4. What causes Richard to come home in tears?
(a) Frustration with the Dutch language.
(b) Nostalgia for the U.S.
(c) Sadness over the imminent breakup with C.
(d) Desire for marriage with C.
5. Where did Richard meet C.?
(a) At a conference where she was speaking.
(b) In a class he was teaching.
(c) In a class she was teaching.
(d) By chance in a bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard and C. decide when she went back to the Netherlands?
2. How did Richard and C. handle the cold when they lived together?
3. What did Richard and C. have to furnish their apartment?
4. What did Harold Plover realize his daughter was talking about when she was pointing at things?
5. What does Helen make Richard see about consciousness?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)