|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI (pages 301-329).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
(a) She is conscious.
(b) She is alive.
(c) She is at war with herself.
(d) She is unhappy.
2. Who does Philip Lentz call in to watch his experiment with implementation B?
(b) Diana Hartrick.
(c) Harold Plover.
(d) Ram Gupta.
3. What does Richard realize Helen is able to distinguish?
(b) Echoes and associations.
(c) Other people in the room.
(d) References to current events.
4. How does Richard crash implementation E?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) By asking it two questions at once.
(c) By asking contradictory questions.
(d) By asking what it wants to talk about.
5. Who is Diana?
(a) Philip Lentz's lover.
(b) Richard's lover.
(c) Philip Lentz's research assistant.
(d) The person answering the questions for implementation C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after the success of Richard's book 'Gold Bug'?
2. What do Richard and C. do to relieve the tension in their relationship?
3. What does Richard say was a mother's consolation prize?
4. Where does Lentz take Richard?
5. What does Diana invite Richard to after chastising him?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)