Section I (pages 0-30)
1. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
(a) The town of U.
(b) The city of N.
(d) The town of C.
2. Where was Richard before he moved back to the U.S.?
(d) The Netherlands.
3. Where is Richard taking a position?
(a) At the Los Alamos lab.
(b) At Fermilab.
(c) At the Museum of Natural Science.
(d) At the Center for the Study of Advanced Sciences.
4. What got Richard this position?
(a) A friend with connections.
(b) The brilliance of his lectures.
(c) The renown of his Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The notoriety of his most recent book.
5. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
(a) A new book.
(b) Building a robot.
(c) Building a supercomputer.
(d) Developing a scientific model of consciousness.
6. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
(a) Get straight to work.
(b) Listen to all the gossip around him.
(c) Fade into anonymity.
(d) Introduce himself to everyone.
This section contains 4,970 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)