|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rule of Number," what chases the Family?
2. What is a Siggo?
3. What is the esty judge's name?
4. About how old is the Chandelier, according to crew estimates in "Pale Immensities?"
5. How does Toby leave the Argo after he is punished in "The Charm of Commerce?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toby first experience the Void?
2. Describe Toby's memories as he walks the esty streets.
3. What do the mechs argue about in "Frozen Star?"
4. Where is Toby in the Prologue?
5. What does Toby see when he walks the esty streets?
6. Describe the "Lightning Life."
7. How do Toby and Besen interact in "The Aperture Moment?"
8. Why does the Cap'n call for Toby in "Strange Flavors?"
9. According to Quath, how can the Argo survive so close to the black hole?
10. What is the underlying strategy for Bishop Family Gatherings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the mechs? Are they one being or more than one? How does the author convey the essence of the mechs throughout the book? Give at least three specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the settings of Argo and the Lanes. Be sure to include both time and place in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Toby and Quath. Be sure to include physical, psychological, and social aspects.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)