|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby want to approach in the prologue?
2. What does Toby notice about the large, black object?
3. What else does Monisque want from Killeen?
4. As the Argo spirals to True Center, what does Besen call Toby?
5. What is the esty judge's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Cap'n call for Toby in "Strange Flavors?"
2. Where is Toby in the Prologue?
3. Describe the Bishops' experience with the judge in "A Day in Court."
4. What is Toby's problem in "Techno-Nomads?"
5. In "Besik Bay," how does the Argo protect itself from the mechs?
6. How does Toby first experience the Void?
7. In "Trans-History," what does Killeen tell the judge he wants?
8. How does a sail-snake look?
9. In "Pale Immensities," how does the Chandelier look up close?
10. According to Quath, why is the aperture moment important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has the Family Bishop's relationship with the Myriapodia evolved over time? Give specific examples of how the Myriapodia and the Family interact.
Essay Topic 2
What role do friendships play in the story? Be sure to include Toby's friendship with Quath, as well as his friendship with Besen.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Toby and Quath. Be sure to include physical, psychological, and social aspects.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)