|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Argo spirals to True Center, what does Besen call Toby?
2. What are Killeen's orders at the end of "Besik Bay?"
3. Where is Argo at the beginning of "Deep Reality?"
4. What is the esty judge's name?
5. What device does Quath's brethren carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Bishops' experience with the judge in "A Day in Court."
2. According to Quath, how can the Argo survive so close to the black hole?
3. In "Pale Immensities," how does the Chandelier look up close?
4. How does a sail-snake look?
5. Describe Toby's memories as he walks the esty streets.
6. Where is Toby in the Prologue?
7. In "The Rule of Number," how does Toby feel about mathematics after solving the math problem?
8. How is time affected in the time pit?
9. What do the mechs argue about in "Frozen Star?"
10. To what does the term "Tiny Minds" refer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses symbolism throughout the book. Give at least three specific examples. Discuss why each example is or is not effective.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Toby and Quath. Be sure to include physical, psychological, and social aspects.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Toby's life on Snowglade and his life on Argo. Are there more similarities or differences?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)