|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Shredded Star," what does Killeen ask Quath to do?
2. Which type of mech is the most intelligent?
3. With what does Killeen NOT try to tempt the esty judge?
4. About how old is the Chandelier, according to crew estimates in "Pale Immensities?"
5. According to Besen's teaching Aspect, how big is the approaching disk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the underlying strategy for Bishop Family Gatherings?
2. In "Pale Immensities," how does the Chandelier look up close?
3. Describe the Bishops' experience with the judge in "A Day in Court."
4. In "Besik Bay," how does the Argo protect itself from the mechs?
5. Describe Toby's memories as he walks the esty streets.
6. Where is Toby in the Prologue?
7. Describe the "Lightning Life."
8. What happens when Toby approaches the communal fire in "Motes Such as You?"
9. Why is Killeen afraid after talking to the Magnetic Mind in "The Aperture Moment?"
10. What do the mechs argue about in "Frozen Star?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Toby and Quath. Be sure to include physical, psychological, and social aspects.
Essay Topic 2
Which parts of the book did you most enjoy? Why? Did you like the book? Would you recommend it to a friend? Why or why not? Use information from the book to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
How does technology influence the Family Bishop? How does it influence the story? Give several specific examples.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)