|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Killeen NOT try to tempt the esty judge?
2. In "Tiny Minds," where does the campfire group go?
3. Why does Argo head for Besik Bay?
4. What is Toby's punishment for publicly disagreeing with Killeen in "Trans-History?"
5. Where does Andro tell Toby they are at the end of "The Far Black?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Cap'n call for Toby in "Strange Flavors?"
2. In "Trans-History," what does Killeen tell the judge he wants?
3. How does Andro treat Toby and his group in "The Far Black?"
4. What happens when Toby approaches the communal fire in "Motes Such as You?"
5. How does Toby feel about bringing Quath to the esty judge?
6. Describe Toby's memories as he walks the esty streets.
7. How are the humans filtered and cleaned on the "honeycomb home?"
8. Why does the Argo crew have difficulty identifying the ship in the time pit?
9. Why is Killeen afraid after talking to the Magnetic Mind in "The Aperture Moment?"
10. In "Pale Immensities," how does the Chandelier look up close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Toby learn about himself in this book? Be sure to discuss how the Shibo Personality, conflict with Killeen, and experience in "Eating the Storm" contribute.
Essay Topic 2
What are the mechs? Are they one being or more than one? How does the author convey the essence of the mechs throughout the book? Give at least three specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What does Toby get from his Faces, Aspects, and Personality? Is he always happy with what he gets? Be sure to include specific examples with his Isaac Aspect and the Shibo Personality.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)