|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Eye of the Eater?
2. In "Lightning Life," to what does Isaac compare the galactic jet?
3. In "Tiny Minds," where does the campfire group go?
4. To where does Andro lead the humans on the esty?
5. In "Ancient Flavors," what is "cat beer?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Bishops' experience with the judge in "A Day in Court."
2. Why does the Argo crew have difficulty identifying the ship in the time pit?
3. In "Besik Bay," how does the Argo protect itself from the mechs?
4. How does Toby feel about bringing Quath to the esty judge?
5. Why does the Cap'n call for Toby in "Strange Flavors?"
6. In "Trans-History," what does Killeen tell the judge he wants?
7. How does Andro treat Toby and his group in "The Far Black?"
8. Where is Toby in the Prologue?
9. Why does Killeen decide to land the Argo on the honeycombed black object?
10. According to Quath, how can the Argo survive so close to the black hole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Toby's relationship with Killeen change throughout the book? Be sure to include the effects of Toby's outburst on the deck and his subsequent punishment and escape, as well as Toby's arguments with Killeen over the Shibo Personality.
Essay Topic 2
Which parts of the book did you most enjoy? Why? Did you like the book? Would you recommend it to a friend? Why or why not? Use information from the book to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
What does Toby learn about himself in this book? Be sure to discuss how the Shibo Personality, conflict with Killeen, and experience in "Eating the Storm" contribute.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)