|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is communicating in "Frozen Star?"
2. What does Cermo's microwave analysis of the esty clouds indicate?
3. What is the loss of Citadel Bishop called?
4. What is a Siggo?
5. To what does Isaac compare the Cosmic Circle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Killeen decide to land the Argo on the honeycombed black object?
2. In "Besik Bay," how does the Argo protect itself from the mechs?
3. How are the humans filtered and cleaned on the "honeycomb home?"
4. What is Toby's problem in "Techno-Nomads?"
5. Why does the Cap'n call for Toby in "Strange Flavors?"
6. In "The Rule of Number," how does Toby feel about mathematics after solving the math problem?
7. How do Toby and Besen interact in "The Aperture Moment?"
8. What does Toby see when he walks the esty streets?
9. How does Toby feel about bringing Quath to the esty judge?
10. How is time affected in the time pit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which parts of the book did you most enjoy? Why? Did you like the book? Would you recommend it to a friend? Why or why not? Use information from the book to support your responses.
Essay Topic 2
Write a three to five paragraph summary of the story. Be sure to discuss the main characters, settings, themes, conflicts, and resolutions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Toby and Quath. Be sure to include physical, psychological, and social aspects.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)