|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andro tell Toby they are at the end of "The Far Black?"
(a) Inside Andro's home.
(b) In a prison cell.
(c) In a reception cell.
(d) In the city.
2. Who works with Toby in the first chapter of the book?
3. What do the Philosophs do as the Argo approaches the oozing, black object?
(a) They say the Myriapodia can no longer be allied with the humans.
(b) They advise caution.
(c) They retire.
(d) They communicate that the object is natural.
4. Where is Quath at the start of "The Shredded Star?"
(a) In the agro dome.
(b) In her nest.
(c) On the hull.
(d) In the great hall.
5. At the beginning of "The Far Black," what does Toby know about the dwarf?
(a) He can't be trusted.
(b) He has met Killeen before.
(c) He is the ruler of this place.
(d) He is a guardian angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Toby in Old Earth years?
2. After Argo passes through the Cyaneans, where do the mechs think it is headed?
3. What is the name of Toby's teaching Aspect?
4. What are Killeen's orders at the end of "Besik Bay?"
5. In "Ancient Flavors," what is "cat beer?"
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does the term "Tiny Minds" refer?
2. In "Trans-History," what does Killeen tell the judge he wants?
3. How are the humans filtered and cleaned on the "honeycomb home?"
4. What is the underlying strategy for Bishop Family Gatherings?
5. How do Toby and Besen interact in "The Aperture Moment?"
6. What does Toby see when he walks the esty streets?
7. According to Quath, what is the history of Besik Bay?
8. How does Andro treat Toby and his group in "The Far Black?"
9. Describe Toby's memories as he walks the esty streets.
10. What happens when Toby approaches the communal fire in "Motes Such as You?"
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)