|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the esty, what is in the food that is served to the humans?
(b) Human remnants.
(d) Tiny knives.
2. At the end of "Honeycomb Home," what are Killeen's orders to Jocelyn?
(a) He orders her to take cover.
(b) He orders her to ready the ship for attack.
(c) He orders her to follow the path suggested by the computer.
(d) He orders her to land on the black object.
3. How does the judge communicate with the humans?
(a) Using the humans' comm.
(b) Using language chips.
(c) In writing.
(d) Using sign language.
4. What does Toby notice about the large, black object?
(a) It is actually very small up close.
(b) Creatures are living on it.
(c) It appears to be a mech device.
(d) It has structures that must have been built.
5. As the Argo spirals to True Center, what does Besen call Toby?
(b) Pod Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does the ship follow?
2. Who/what helps the Argo pass through the Cyaneans?
3. Where does Andro tell Toby they are at the end of "The Far Black?"
4. What does Toby do when he sees kids his own age on the esty streets?
5. How old is Toby in Old Earth years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a sail-snake look?
2. In "The Cyaneans," how do the Myriapodia help the people on the Argo?
3. Why does the Argo crew have difficulty identifying the ship in the time pit?
4. What do the mechs argue about in "Frozen Star?"
5. Why is Killeen afraid after talking to the Magnetic Mind in "The Aperture Moment?"
6. Describe the "Lightning Life."
7. What happens when Toby approaches the communal fire in "Motes Such as You?"
8. At the end of "Trans-History," why does Killeen ask Cermo to take Toby outside?
9. According to Quath, why is the aperture moment important?
10. What does Toby see when he walks the esty streets?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)