|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where/what does Toby tell Quath the judge wants information?
(a) The Cosmic Circle.
(b) The Far Black.
(c) The Arcology Era.
(d) The Accommodation.
2. Who does the esty judge send to escort Quath?
(a) No one.
(b) The Honor Guard.
(c) A hundred city folk.
3. What is emitted from the disk?
4. What does the Aspect Zeno say about the time pit?
(a) The mechs cannot enter it.
(b) Humans have been there.
(c) It is a dangerous place.
(d) Nothing is real there.
5. What do the Philosophs do as the Argo approaches the oozing, black object?
(a) They say the Myriapodia can no longer be allied with the humans.
(b) They advise caution.
(c) They retire.
(d) They communicate that the object is natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Toby at the beginning of "Motes Such as You?"
2. What is another name for the Eye of the Eater?
3. At the end of "Deep Reality," who asks "What's that?"
4. Who works with Toby in the first chapter of the book?
5. What is the esty judge's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Toby approaches the communal fire in "Motes Such as You?"
2. How does Toby feel about bringing Quath to the esty judge?
3. Why does Killeen decide to land the Argo on the honeycombed black object?
4. Why does the Argo crew have difficulty identifying the ship in the time pit?
5. How does Andro treat Toby and his group in "The Far Black?"
6. How is time affected in the time pit?
7. Why does the Cap'n call for Toby in "Strange Flavors?"
8. How do Toby and Besen interact in "The Aperture Moment?"
9. What is Toby's problem in "Techno-Nomads?"
10. Describe Toby's memories as he walks the esty streets.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)