|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is the Chandelier, according to crew estimates in "Pale Immensities?"
(a) A thousand years.
(b) Ten thousand years.
(c) A hundred thousand years.
(d) Twenty thousand years.
2. What does the wrinkled dwarf call Toby and the others?
3. What is Quath doing at the beginning of "The Song of Electrons?"
(b) Tearing down her nest.
(c) Rebuilding her nest.
(d) Exploring the galaxy.
4. What is the name of Toby's teaching Aspect?
5. What does the Magnetic Mind NOT tell Killeen at the end of "The Aperture Moment?"
(a) That those on the Argo face certain death.
(b) That the Magnetic Mind will send a map.
(c) That the Magnetic Mind will part from the Argo.
(d) That Abraham predicts an approaching cusp season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toby leave the Argo after he is punished in "The Charm of Commerce?"
2. What is the name of the ship captained by Killeen?
3. What surprises Toby at the beginning of "Motes Such as You?"
4. Where is Argo at the beginning of "Deep Reality?"
5. As the Argo spirals to True Center, what does Besen call Toby?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Rule of Number," how does Toby feel about mathematics after solving the math problem?
2. How are the humans filtered and cleaned on the "honeycomb home?"
3. How does a sail-snake look?
4. Describe the Bishops' experience with the judge in "A Day in Court."
5. At the end of "Trans-History," why does Killeen ask Cermo to take Toby outside?
6. According to Quath, how can the Argo survive so close to the black hole?
7. In "Pale Immensities," how does the Chandelier look up close?
8. In "The Cyaneans," how do the Myriapodia help the people on the Argo?
9. Describe the "Lightning Life."
10. In "Besik Bay," how does the Argo protect itself from the mechs?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)