|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
2. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
3. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
4. How does the sheriff recognize the gun as the one Williams had in Act 3, Part 2?
5. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of the play centers around Hildy's decision between being a reporter and getting married. Analyze the differences of both lives. Include events and characters from the play to explain the advantages and disadvantages of Hildy's options as they are displayed throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Act 1, Part 2, the reporters are visited by the outside world three times.
1) Describe what happens in each instance, explaining the situation, the people involved, and how the reporters respond.
2) Analyze the behavior by the reporters based on how they deal with people who are not considered to be one of them.
Essay Topic 3
The Front Page moves at a rapid pace and quickly transitions from one event to the next. Describe points in the play where this faster pace helps the plot. Be sure to include the characters involved, why they are relevant, and how the pace for each event was effective in furthering or adding to the play's theme.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)