|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hidly call at the end of Act 2, Part 3?
2. According the mayor in Act 2, Part 3, what isn't real?
3. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
4. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
5. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of the play centers around Hildy's decision between being a reporter and getting married. Analyze the differences of both lives. Include events and characters from the play to explain the advantages and disadvantages of Hildy's options as they are displayed throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Act 2, Part 2, Mrs. Grant is introduced as Peggy's mother. Follow her character through the play and describe three events that she affected. Also, explain what her primary role as a character was and why her relationship to Peggy and Hildy allowed her to fulfill it.
Essay Topic 3
In Act 1, Part 2, the reporters are visited by the outside world three times.
1) Describe what happens in each instance, explaining the situation, the people involved, and how the reporters respond.
2) Analyze the behavior by the reporters based on how they deal with people who are not considered to be one of them.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)