|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
3. Who does Hidly call at the end of Act 2, Part 3?
4. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
5. Where does Burns tell Louie to go at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 1, Part 2, the reporters are visited by the outside world three times.
1) Describe what happens in each instance, explaining the situation, the people involved, and how the reporters respond.
2) Analyze the behavior by the reporters based on how they deal with people who are not considered to be one of them.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the contrast in character of Hildy as opposed to the mayor and the sheriff. Use the entire play as a reference to explain how the actions of the Mayor and the Sheriff defined Hildy's character even more. Why was that contrast significant to the main theme of the play? Be sure to include specific examples as necessary.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the initial differences between Hildy and the other reporters, as they are displayed in Act 1, Part 3? Why are they significant and how do they affect the main theme of the play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)