Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Why does the messenger give the mayor back the reprieve in Act 3, Part 3?
3. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
4. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of the play centers around Hildy's decision between being a reporter and getting married. Analyze the differences of both lives. Include events and characters from the play to explain the advantages and disadvantages of Hildy's options as they are displayed throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Act 2, Part 2, Mrs. Grant is introduced as Peggy's mother. Follow her character through the play and describe three events that she affected. Also, explain what her primary role as a character was and why her relationship to Peggy and Hildy allowed her to fulfill it.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the initial differences between Hildy and the other reporters, as they are displayed in Act 1, Part 3? Why are they significant and how do they affect the main theme of the play?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)