Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Why does the messenger give the mayor back the reprieve in Act 3, Part 3?
3. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
4. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
Hildy and Burns are two characters that conflict with each other, yet seem to find common ground throughout the play. Chronicle their interaction, using examples to highlight the major differences between the two characters, and any similarities. How does Burns, in a way, help Hildy make his decision at the end of the play?
What are some of the initial differences between Hildy and the other reporters, as they are displayed in Act 1, Part 3? Why are they significant and how do they affect the main theme of the play?
What statement does the opening of the play make about reporters and the press in general? Use examples from the entire play to follow that statement and describe in detail if it changes or is reaffirmed.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)