|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What state of mind is the messenger in when he first enters in Act 3, Part 3?
3. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
4. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
5. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the initial differences between Hildy and the other reporters, as they are displayed in Act 1, Part 3? Why are they significant and how do they affect the main theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What statement does the opening of the play make about reporters and the press in general? Use examples from the entire play to follow that statement and describe in detail if it changes or is reaffirmed.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the interaction between Mollie and the reporters in Act 1, Part 4. How is her character introduced? Do the authors make it clear from the beginning that she will be integral to the plot? What does Mollie say about Williams and the shooting and why is that significant. What do the reporters reveal about themselves by the way they interact with Mollie?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)