|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mayor offer the messenger as a bribe in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A one time payment of five hundred dollars.
(b) A one time payment of one thousand dollars.
(c) A new job with higher pay.
(d) A new job in another city.
2. According the mayor in Act 2, Part 3, what isn't real?
(a) The murder Williams is accused of.
(b) The socialist scare.
(c) The freedom of the press.
(d) The sighting of Williams at the train station.
3. Where does the sheriff look for Williams originally in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The other office.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The fire escape.
(d) The bathroom.
4. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A weekly column.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Cleaning the offices.
(d) Covering sports.
5. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
2. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
3. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
4. What does Hildy warn Burns about the other reporters in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)