|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) There is no mention of the paper in the ending paragraph.
(b) There is no mention of the paper in the title.
(c) There is no mention of the paper in the first paragraph.
(d) There is no mention of Burns in the story.
2. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He doesn't believe the sheriff.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He fires the sheriff.
3. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A knife.
(b) A chair.
(c) The gun.
(d) An umbrella.
4. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That she needs the money he took before.
(b) That they missed their train.
(c) That she thinks he should stay and write for the newspaper.
(d) That she loves him just the way he is.
5. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
(c) The courier.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hildy hide Williams as the other reporters are coming back in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
3. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
4. How does the sheriff recognize the gun as the one Williams had in Act 3, Part 2?
5. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)