|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hildy warn Burns about the other reporters in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) That they will be back soon.
(b) That they are trying to get Williams killed.
(c) That they are trying to get Burns arrested.
(d) That they know the truth about Williams.
2. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Wanting him to be a loser.
(b) Wanting him to be someone else.
(c) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(d) Being part of the corruption.
3. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Transport him to the paper.
(b) Give him to Hildy.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
4. What does Burns keep asking Hildy at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Where Williams is.
(b) Where the other reporters are.
(c) Where Mollie is.
(d) Where the sheriff is.
5. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That she thinks he should stay and write for the newspaper.
(b) That she needs the money he took before.
(c) That they missed their train.
(d) That she loves him just the way he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
2. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
3. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
4. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
5. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)