|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the signal that Williams is safe, according to Burns at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Five knocks.
(b) Three knocks.
(c) The word, "safety."
(d) The word, "freedom."
2. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Being part of the corruption.
(b) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(c) Wanting him to be a loser.
(d) Wanting him to be someone else.
3. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A knife.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) The gun.
(d) A chair.
4. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
(c) The sheriff.
5. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A cab.
(b) A train.
(c) A bus.
(d) Another police car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
3. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
4. Where does Hildy hide Williams as the other reporters are coming back in Act 2, Part 4?
5. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)