|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) There is no mention of Burns in the story.
(b) There is no mention of the paper in the first paragraph.
(c) There is no mention of the paper in the ending paragraph.
(d) There is no mention of the paper in the title.
2. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
3. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The sheriff's closet.
(b) The train station.
(c) The roof.
(d) The bus station.
4. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) For Hildy and Burns to be released.
(b) For the execution to go on as planned.
(c) For Hildy and Burns to be given money to silence them.
(d) For the messenger to be taken away.
5. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) The execution is going as planned.
(b) To make room for Williams.
(c) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
(d) The execution is postponed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burns convince Hildy to take at the end of Act 3, Part 3?
2. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
3. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
4. According the mayor in Act 2, Part 3, what isn't real?
5. What causes Hildy to hang up the phone angrily in the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)