|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
(b) Harboring a fugitive.
(d) Obstruction of justice.
2. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That she needs the money he took before.
(b) That she thinks he should stay and write for the newspaper.
(c) That they missed their train.
(d) That she loves him just the way he is.
3. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The courier.
(c) The sheriff.
4. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Killing Williams.
(b) Being bribed by the sheriff.
(c) Being bribed by the mayor.
(d) Killing Mrs. Grant.
5. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) For Hildy and Burns to be released.
(b) For the execution to go on as planned.
(c) For Hildy and Burns to be given money to silence them.
(d) For the messenger to be taken away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Woodenshoes tell Hildy that Williams is likely to be in Act 2, Part 4?
2. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
3. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
4. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What does Burns keep asking Hildy at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)