|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character's actions earlier in the play are similar to Burns' actions with Bensinger in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The mayor.
2. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he staying with the newspaper for good.
(b) That he is leaving the newspaper for good.
(c) That he wants the money he owes him from before.
(d) That he will write stories in his own way.
3. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
4. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That she thinks he should stay and write for the newspaper.
(b) That she needs the money he took before.
(c) That they missed their train.
(d) That she loves him just the way he is.
5. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Transport him to the paper.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
(d) Give him to Hildy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
2. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
4. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
5. What does Hildy tell the sheriff as his deputies surround Williams in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)