|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hildy tell the sheriff as his deputies surround Williams in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That Williams knows about the affair the sheriff is having with the librarian.
(b) That Williams is harmless.
(c) That Williams is armed.
(d) That he should be arrested for political corruption.
2. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) That Hildy has caught a murderer.
(b) That Hildy isn't getting married.
(c) That Hildy shot the psychiatrist.
(d) That Hildy helped Williams escape from his examination.
3. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
(a) The integrity that the mayor and the sheriff have, and the lack of integrity of Hildy.
(b) The integrity that Hildy and the mayor have, and the lack of integrity of the sheriff.
(c) The integrity that the mayor has, and the lack of integrity of Hildy and the sheriff.
(d) The integrity that Hildy has, and the lack of integrity of the mayor and the sheriff.
4. What is Hildy talking about repeatedly at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Williams escaping.
(b) His money.
(c) The other reporters and their actions.
(d) What Mollie did.
5. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The chance to help a murderer escape.
(b) The chance to leave Peggy.
(c) The chance to make a difference.
(d) The money he will make.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the signal that Williams is safe, according to Burns at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. What are the reporters urging the Sheriff to do in Act 3, Part 2?
3. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
4. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
5. Where does Woodenshoes tell Hildy that Williams is likely to be in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)