|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hidly call at the end of Act 2, Part 3?
2. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
3. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he staying with the newspaper for good.
(b) That he will write stories in his own way.
(c) That he wants the money he owes him from before.
(d) That he is leaving the newspaper for good.
4. How much of a reward does the sheriff offer the deputies to kill Williams?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
5. What is the signal that Williams is safe, according to Burns at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Five knocks.
(b) The word, "freedom."
(c) Three knocks.
(d) The word, "safety."
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does the sheriff order the deputies to do at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
4. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
5. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)