|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) For the messenger to be taken away.
(b) For Hildy and Burns to be released.
(c) For Hildy and Burns to be given money to silence them.
(d) For the execution to go on as planned.
2. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) The execution is going as planned.
(b) The execution is postponed.
(c) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
(d) To make room for Williams.
3. Who does Hidly call at the end of Act 2, Part 3?
4. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Trying to impress Burns so he will hire them.
(b) Stealing Hildy's reporting.
(c) Asking for raises.
(d) Making up details.
5. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
(c) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
2. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
3. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
4. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
5. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)