|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
2. According to Burns at the end of Act 3, Part 1, what is ruining everything?
(a) Corrupt politicians.
(b) Hildy's story.
(c) The police.
3. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Wanting him to be a loser.
(b) Being part of the corruption.
(c) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(d) Wanting him to be someone else.
4. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
(a) The mayor's mistake.
(b) The voters' mistake.
(c) The sheriff's mistake.
(d) The press's mistake.
5. What does Burns tell the mayor, after being arrested in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he is going to the state authorities.
(b) That the mayor killed the police officer, not Williams.
(c) That the mayor will lose the election.
(d) That he will seek revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
2. What does Williams tell Hildy about the gun he is holding in Act 2, Part 4?
3. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
4. What does the sheriff order the deputies to do at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
5. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)