|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That she is drunk.
(b) That she is an angry ex mother-in-law.
(c) That she is blackmailing him.
(d) That she is senile.
2. What does Burns explain the story is really about to Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(b) The sheriff's incompetence.
(c) Political corruption.
3. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Refuses to follow them.
(d) Leaves the room immediately.
4. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
(a) He is coming right over.
(b) He doesn't believe him.
(c) He will be there in a few hours.
(d) He will give Hildy a lot more money.
5. What does Burns convince Hildy to take at the end of Act 3, Part 3?
(a) His pen and notebook.
(c) His watch.
(d) A better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
2. What does Hildy warn Burns about the other reporters in Act 3, Part 1?
3. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
4. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
5. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)