|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the messenger give the mayor back the reprieve in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) He wants a better job.
(b) He wants more money.
(c) He can't be bribed.
(d) He forgot why he kept it.
2. What does Hildy warn Burns about the other reporters in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) That they are trying to get Burns arrested.
(b) That they are trying to get Williams killed.
(c) That they know the truth about Williams.
(d) That they will be back soon.
3. Who does Peggy blame for distracting Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The sheriff.
4. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
5. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Killing Williams.
(b) Being bribed by the sheriff.
(c) Killing Mrs. Grant.
(d) Being bribed by the mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
2. What are the reporters urging the Sheriff to do in Act 3, Part 2?
3. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
4. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
5. What character's actions earlier in the play are similar to Burns' actions with Bensinger in Act 3, Part 1?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)