|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Killing Mrs. Grant.
(b) Killing Williams.
(c) Being bribed by the sheriff.
(d) Being bribed by the mayor.
2. Where does Hildy hide Williams as the other reporters are coming back in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) Bensinger's desk.
(b) Underneath his desk.
(c) The fire escape.
(d) Behind a file cabinet.
3. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
(a) The integrity that Hildy has, and the lack of integrity of the mayor and the sheriff.
(b) The integrity that the mayor and the sheriff have, and the lack of integrity of Hildy.
(c) The integrity that Hildy and the mayor have, and the lack of integrity of the sheriff.
(d) The integrity that the mayor has, and the lack of integrity of Hildy and the sheriff.
4. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he is leaving the newspaper for good.
(b) That he will write stories in his own way.
(c) That he staying with the newspaper for good.
(d) That he wants the money he owes him from before.
5. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The courier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character's actions earlier in the play are similar to Burns' actions with Bensinger in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What is Hildy talking about repeatedly at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
3. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
4. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
5. What is Hildy trying to do as Williams falls from the window?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)