|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hidly call at the end of Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Knowing where Williams is.
(c) Not loving her.
(d) Lying to her.
3. What does Hildy tell the sheriff as his deputies surround Williams in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That he should be arrested for political corruption.
(b) That Williams is armed.
(c) That Williams knows about the affair the sheriff is having with the librarian.
(d) That Williams is harmless.
4. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
(a) The integrity that Hildy has, and the lack of integrity of the mayor and the sheriff.
(b) The integrity that the mayor and the sheriff have, and the lack of integrity of Hildy.
(c) The integrity that the mayor has, and the lack of integrity of Hildy and the sheriff.
(d) The integrity that Hildy and the mayor have, and the lack of integrity of the sheriff.
5. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Leaves the room immediately.
(d) Refuses to follow them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
2. After his phone conversation, what does the Sheriff do in Act 3, Part 2?
3. What causes Hildy to hang up the phone angrily in the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
4. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
5. Where does Woodenshoes tell Hildy that Williams is likely to be in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)