|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) There is no mention of Burns in the story.
(b) There is no mention of the paper in the first paragraph.
(c) There is no mention of the paper in the ending paragraph.
(d) There is no mention of the paper in the title.
2. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The train station.
(b) The bus station.
(c) The sheriff's closet.
(d) The roof.
3. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Wanting him to be a loser.
(b) Wanting him to be someone else.
(c) Being part of the corruption.
(d) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
4. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
5. How does the sheriff recognize the gun as the one Williams had in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) It matches the description from the witnesses.
(b) It is the same type of gun that Williams owns.
(c) It is his gun.
(d) He saw it when Williams escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
2. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
3. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
4. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
5. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)