|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hildy to hang up the phone angrily in the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) He learns that Burns is not using his story.
(b) He learns that Burns has not sent the money over yet.
(c) He learns that Williams may have escaped from the city.
(d) He learns that Williams may have been shot.
2. What character's actions earlier in the play are similar to Burns' actions with Bensinger in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) The mayor.
3. What does Burns keep asking Hildy at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Where the other reporters are.
(b) Where the sheriff is.
(c) Where Williams is.
(d) Where Mollie is.
4. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The chance to leave Peggy.
(b) The chance to make a difference.
(c) The money he will make.
(d) The chance to help a murderer escape.
5. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A half hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff order the deputies to do at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
2. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
3. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
4. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)