|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Let him go.
(c) Arrest Burns.
(d) Arrest Hildy.
2. In reaction to Mrs. Grant's testimony in Act 3, Part 2, how does Burns inadvertently reveal where Williams is hiding?
(a) He shouts out the hiding place by accident.
(b) He tells the sheriff that Mollie knows where Williams is.
(c) He causes Hildy to tell the sheriff where Williams is.
(d) He signals it is safe for Williams to come out.
3. What causes Hildy to hang up the phone angrily in the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) He learns that Burns is not using his story.
(b) He learns that Burns has not sent the money over yet.
(c) He learns that Williams may have escaped from the city.
(d) He learns that Williams may have been shot.
4. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) To make room for Williams.
(b) The execution is going as planned.
(c) The execution is postponed.
(d) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
5. What does Burns tell the mayor, after being arrested in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he is going to the state authorities.
(b) That the mayor will lose the election.
(c) That he will seek revenge.
(d) That the mayor killed the police officer, not Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
2. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
3. What does Williams tell Hildy about the gun he is holding in Act 2, Part 4?
4. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
5. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)