|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A knife.
(b) The gun.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A chair.
2. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Making up details.
(b) Trying to impress Burns so he will hire them.
(c) Stealing Hildy's reporting.
(d) Asking for raises.
3. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
4. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) The execution is going as planned.
(b) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
(c) The execution is postponed.
(d) To make room for Williams.
5. What character's actions earlier in the play are similar to Burns' actions with Bensinger in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
2. What does Burns explain the story is really about to Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
3. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
4. In reaction to Mrs. Grant's testimony in Act 3, Part 2, how does Burns inadvertently reveal where Williams is hiding?
5. Where does the sheriff look for Williams originally in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)