|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a reward does the sheriff offer the deputies to kill Williams?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
2. What does the sheriff order the deputies to do at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Remove Burns.
(b) Remove Hildy.
(c) Shoot Hildy.
(d) Shoot Williams.
3. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
4. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(b) Being part of the corruption.
(c) Wanting him to be a loser.
(d) Wanting him to be someone else.
5. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
(b) To make room for Williams.
(c) The execution is postponed.
(d) The execution is going as planned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Burns explain the story is really about to Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
3. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
4. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
5. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)