|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Cleaning the offices.
(b) Covering sports.
(c) A weekly column.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. What does the mayor tell the sheriff they will need in order to win the next election in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Less hangings.
(b) A lower crime rate.
(c) White voters.
(d) Colored voters.
3. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
(d) The sheriff.
4. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Wanting him to be a loser.
(b) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(c) Being part of the corruption.
(d) Wanting him to be someone else.
5. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
(b) Refuses to follow them.
(d) Leaves the room immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Burns at the end of Act 3, Part 1, what is ruining everything?
2. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
3. Where does Burns tell Louie to go at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
4. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
5. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)