|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mayor tell the sheriff they will need in order to win the next election in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Less hangings.
(b) Colored voters.
(c) White voters.
(d) A lower crime rate.
2. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The chance to make a difference.
(b) The money he will make.
(c) The chance to help a murderer escape.
(d) The chance to leave Peggy.
3. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The gun.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A chair.
(d) A knife.
4. Who is with the reporters as Hildy opens the door at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The mayor.
5. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That they missed their train.
(b) That she needs the money he took before.
(c) That she loves him just the way he is.
(d) That she thinks he should stay and write for the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
3. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What does Burns keep asking Hildy at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
5. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)