|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
(a) A gambling table.
(b) A laundry basket.
(c) An ash tray.
(d) A bench.
2. What does Jennie ask the reporters at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If she is late.
(b) If she should quit the company.
(c) If she can clean up.
(d) If they are always this messy.
3. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, what did the psychiatrist do during Williams's examination?
(a) He helped Williams escape.
(b) He left Williams alone in the room.
(c) He angered Williams by asking certain questions.
(d) He recreated the crime.
4. Where does Hildy want Peggy and Mrs. Grant to wait for him?
(a) At the bus stop.
(b) At the paper's office.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the police station.
5. What is Peggy's reaction to the missing money in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She doesn't care about it.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls looking for Hildy in Act 1, Part 1?
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Part 4, who is Wilson is talking to on the phone?
3. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
4. How does the sheriff suggest to the reporters they can get more tickets to the hanging?
5. Who does Hildy throw the water on at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the conversation between Hildy and Peggy at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2 bring to light, and how do they relate to Hildy's inner struggle?
2. What is the main point or reason for the argument between Peggy and Hildy at the end of Act 2, Part 5?
3. What does Hildy insist on receiving from Burns in return for the story in Act 2, Part 1?
4. How is the character of Hildy Johnson introduced in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What character traits are we already beginning to see in Mrs. Grant and what is interesting about her remark about Hildy on the way to cab, and the way Peggy responds in Act 2, Part 2?
6. What are the mayor's orders to the sheriff about Williams at the end of Act 2, Part 3, and what influences them?
7. What are some of the interesting things that we learn about the sheriff in Act 1, Part 4?
8. What is the contrast in the way Hildy and Burns look at the same set of circumstances in the very beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
9. How does money play a subtle part in Peggy and Mrs. Grant's concerns that may differ with Hildy's at this point of the play in Act 2, Part 2?
10. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, how did Williams get the gun in order to escape from jail?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)