|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That she is drunk.
(b) That she is blackmailing him.
(c) That she is an angry ex mother-in-law.
(d) That she is senile.
2. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
(a) The sheriff's mistake.
(b) The voters' mistake.
(c) The mayor's mistake.
(d) The press's mistake.
3. Where does Hildy hide Williams as the other reporters are coming back in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) Bensinger's desk.
(b) Behind a file cabinet.
(c) The fire escape.
(d) Underneath his desk.
4. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) That Hildy has caught a murderer.
(b) That Hildy shot the psychiatrist.
(c) That Hildy isn't getting married.
(d) That Hildy helped Williams escape from his examination.
5. Who does Peggy blame for distracting Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(d) The sheriff.
6. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A chair.
(b) The gun.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A knife.
7. What does Burns tell the mayor, after being arrested in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he is going to the state authorities.
(b) That he will seek revenge.
(c) That the mayor killed the police officer, not Williams.
(d) That the mayor will lose the election.
8. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The courier.
9. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The mayor.
10. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A bus.
(b) Another police car.
(c) A cab.
(d) A train.
11. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
(a) Go out through the back door.
(b) Be calm.
(c) Don't open the door.
(d) Arrest Hildy.
12. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Arrest Hildy.
(b) Arrest Burns.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Let him go.
13. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
(b) Get out of town.
(c) Lay low for a while.
(d) Call the police.
14. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
(c) Leaves the room immediately.
(d) Refuses to follow them.
15. Where does Woodenshoes tell Hildy that Williams is likely to be in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) At Mollie's.
(b) On a train.
(c) At the gallows.
(d) On a bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy admit to Peggy during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
2. Why does the messenger give the mayor back the reprieve in Act 3, Part 3?
3. What does Hildy warn Burns about the other reporters in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
5. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)