|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The other office.
2. What does Burns explain the story is really about to Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The sheriff's incompetence.
(d) Political corruption.
3. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A bus.
(b) A train.
(c) A cab.
(d) Another police car.
4. What is Hildy talking about repeatedly at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) What Mollie did.
(b) Williams escaping.
(c) His money.
(d) The other reporters and their actions.
5. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he staying with the newspaper for good.
(b) That he will write stories in his own way.
(c) That he wants the money he owes him from before.
(d) That he is leaving the newspaper for good.
6. In reaction to Mrs. Grant's testimony in Act 3, Part 2, how does Burns inadvertently reveal where Williams is hiding?
(a) He signals it is safe for Williams to come out.
(b) He tells the sheriff that Mollie knows where Williams is.
(c) He shouts out the hiding place by accident.
(d) He causes Hildy to tell the sheriff where Williams is.
7. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
8. What character's actions earlier in the play are similar to Burns' actions with Bensinger in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) The mayor.
9. How many wives treated Burns badly, as he reveals in Act 3, Part 1?
10. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
(b) The mayor.
11. Where does Hildy hide Williams as the other reporters are coming back in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) Bensinger's desk.
(b) Behind a file cabinet.
(c) The fire escape.
(d) Underneath his desk.
12. Who does Hidly call at the end of Act 2, Part 3?
13. Who does Peggy blame for distracting Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(c) The sheriff.
14. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
(a) He fires the sheriff.
(b) He doesn't believe the sheriff.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He is pleased.
15. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) An hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) A half hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
2. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
3. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
4. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
5. What does the mayor offer the messenger as a bribe in Act 2, Part 3?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)