|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mayor tell the sheriff they will need in order to win the next election in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Less hangings.
(b) White voters.
(c) Colored voters.
(d) A lower crime rate.
2. According to Burns at the end of Act 3, Part 1, what is ruining everything?
(a) The police.
(b) Corrupt politicians.
(c) Hildy's story.
3. Who does Hidly call at the end of Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) The execution is going as planned.
(b) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
(c) The execution is postponed.
(d) To make room for Williams.
5. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) An hour.
6. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That she thinks he should stay and write for the newspaper.
(b) That she needs the money he took before.
(c) That she loves him just the way he is.
(d) That they missed their train.
7. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
(c) Obstruction of justice.
(d) Harboring a fugitive.
8. Who is with the reporters as Hildy opens the door at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The mayor.
(d) The sheriff.
9. What are the reporters urging the Sheriff to do in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Find Mrs. Grant.
(b) Shoot Hildy.
(c) Question Hildy.
(d) Shoot Burns.
10. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The other office.
11. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Get out of town.
(b) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
(c) Lay low for a while.
(d) Call the police.
12. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
(d) The sheriff.
13. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Covering sports.
(c) Cleaning the offices.
(d) A weekly column.
14. What is Peggy doing as she goes to leave in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Ignoring Hildy.
15. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
(a) Arrest Hildy.
(b) Don't open the door.
(c) Be calm.
(d) Go out through the back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sheriff look for Williams originally in Act 3, Part 2?
2. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
3. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
4. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
5. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)