Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
(b) The sheriff.
2. Why does the messenger give the mayor back the reprieve in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) He forgot why he kept it.
(b) He wants more money.
(c) He can't be bribed.
(d) He wants a better job.
3. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(b) The other office.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The hallway.
4. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) An hour.
5. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he staying with the newspaper for good.
(b) That he is leaving the newspaper for good.
(c) That he will write stories in his own way.
(d) That he wants the money he owes him from before.
6. How much of a reward does the sheriff offer the deputies to kill Williams?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
7. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The gun.
(b) A chair.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A knife.
8. In reaction to Mrs. Grant's testimony in Act 3, Part 2, how does Burns inadvertently reveal where Williams is hiding?
(a) He tells the sheriff that Mollie knows where Williams is.
(b) He shouts out the hiding place by accident.
(c) He causes Hildy to tell the sheriff where Williams is.
(d) He signals it is safe for Williams to come out.
9. What is Hildy trying to do as Williams falls from the window?
(a) Call Burns.
(b) Call the Sheriff.
(c) Get more money from Louie.
10. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
(a) The mayor's mistake.
(b) The sheriff's mistake.
(c) The voters' mistake.
(d) The press's mistake.
11. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Cleaning the offices.
(b) A weekly column.
(c) Covering sports.
(d) Writing poetry.
12. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
(b) Give him to Hildy.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Transport him to the paper.
13. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
(a) He will be there in a few hours.
(b) He doesn't believe him.
(c) He will give Hildy a lot more money.
(d) He is coming right over.
14. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Arrest Burns.
(c) Arrest Hildy.
(d) Let him go.
15. What does Hildy admit to Peggy during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) That the other reporters were right about her.
(b) That he is a horrible human being.
(c) That he doesn't love her anymore.
(d) That he thinks a career as a reporter is more important than her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state of mind is the messenger in when he first enters in Act 3, Part 3?
2. What does the mayor tell the sheriff they will need in order to win the next election in Act 2, Part 3?
3. What is Peggy doing as she goes to leave in Act 2, Part 5?
4. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
5. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)