|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
2. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
(a) Arrest Hildy.
(b) Go out through the back door.
(c) Don't open the door.
(d) Be calm.
3. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
(b) Harboring a fugitive.
(d) Obstruction of justice.
4. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Get out of town.
(b) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
(c) Lay low for a while.
(d) Call the police.
5. What causes Hildy to hang up the phone angrily in the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) He learns that Williams may have escaped from the city.
(b) He learns that Williams may have been shot.
(c) He learns that Burns is not using his story.
(d) He learns that Burns has not sent the money over yet.
6. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The other office.
7. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) For Hildy and Burns to be given money to silence them.
(b) For the execution to go on as planned.
(c) For the messenger to be taken away.
(d) For Hildy and Burns to be released.
8. What is Peggy doing as she goes to leave in Act 2, Part 5?
(d) Ignoring Hildy.
9. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That she is drunk.
(b) That she is senile.
(c) That she is an angry ex mother-in-law.
(d) That she is blackmailing him.
10. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A knife.
(b) The gun.
(c) A chair.
(d) An umbrella.
11. Where does the sheriff look for Williams originally in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The fire escape.
(d) The other office.
12. What does Burns explain the story is really about to Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Political corruption.
(d) The sheriff's incompetence.
13. What does Hildy warn Burns about the other reporters in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) That they will be back soon.
(b) That they are trying to get Burns arrested.
(c) That they are trying to get Williams killed.
(d) That they know the truth about Williams.
14. Who is with the reporters as Hildy opens the door at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The mayor.
(c) The sheriff.
15. Who does Peggy blame for distracting Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(b) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
2. What is the signal that Williams is safe, according to Burns at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
3. What state of mind is the messenger in when he first enters in Act 3, Part 3?
4. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
5. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)