|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Burns tell Louie to go at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To go and get the police.
(b) To go and get people to move the desk.
(c) To go and get the Mayor.
(d) To go and get people to distract the police.
2. What state of mind is the messenger in when he first enters in Act 3, Part 3?
3. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The courier.
4. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That she is an angry ex mother-in-law.
(b) That she is senile.
(c) That she is drunk.
(d) That she is blackmailing him.
5. How does the sheriff recognize the gun as the one Williams had in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) He saw it when Williams escaped.
(b) It is the same type of gun that Williams owns.
(c) It is his gun.
(d) It matches the description from the witnesses.
6. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The hallway.
(c) The other office.
(d) The bathroom.
7. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
8. What does the mayor offer the messenger as a bribe in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A one time payment of five hundred dollars.
(b) A new job in another city.
(c) A new job with higher pay.
(d) A one time payment of one thousand dollars.
9. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
(b) Lay low for a while.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Get out of town.
10. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The roof.
(b) The bus station.
(c) The sheriff's closet.
(d) The train station.
11. What is Peggy doing as she goes to leave in Act 2, Part 5?
(b) Ignoring Hildy.
12. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) The state representative.
(b) The senator.
(c) The governor.
(d) The president.
13. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The chance to make a difference.
(b) The money he will make.
(c) The chance to help a murderer escape.
(d) The chance to leave Peggy.
14. What does Hildy tell the sheriff as his deputies surround Williams in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That Williams knows about the affair the sheriff is having with the librarian.
(b) That Williams is harmless.
(c) That he should be arrested for political corruption.
(d) That Williams is armed.
15. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
(c) Leaves the room immediately.
(d) Refuses to follow them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
2. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
3. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
4. What is Hildy talking about repeatedly at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
5. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)