|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
2. Why does the messenger give the mayor back the reprieve in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) He can't be bribed.
(b) He forgot why he kept it.
(c) He wants more money.
(d) He wants a better job.
3. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
(a) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred and fifty dollars.
4. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Wanting him to be someone else.
(b) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(c) Being part of the corruption.
(d) Wanting him to be a loser.
5. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
(b) Harboring a fugitive.
(d) Obstruction of justice.
6. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Lay low for a while.
(b) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Get out of town.
7. Where does Burns tell Louie to go at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To go and get people to move the desk.
(b) To go and get the Mayor.
(c) To go and get people to distract the police.
(d) To go and get the police.
8. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Transport him to the paper.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Give him to Hildy.
(d) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
9. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The money he will make.
(b) The chance to leave Peggy.
(c) The chance to make a difference.
(d) The chance to help a murderer escape.
10. What does Williams tell Hildy about the gun he is holding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is loaded.
(c) It is the murder weapon.
(d) It is the only thing keeping him alive.
11. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That she is senile.
(b) That she is an angry ex mother-in-law.
(c) That she is drunk.
(d) That she is blackmailing him.
12. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
(a) He will give Hildy a lot more money.
(b) He doesn't believe him.
(c) He will be there in a few hours.
(d) He is coming right over.
13. What does Hildy admit to Peggy during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) That he is a horrible human being.
(b) That the other reporters were right about her.
(c) That he doesn't love her anymore.
(d) That he thinks a career as a reporter is more important than her.
14. What does Burns explain the story is really about to Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The sheriff's incompetence.
(d) Political corruption.
15. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
(a) He fires the sheriff.
(b) He doesn't believe the sheriff.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He ignores it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
2. What does the sheriff do after hearing the mayor's instructions in Act 3, Part 3?
3. What state of mind is the messenger in when he first enters in Act 3, Part 3?
4. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
5. Who does Peggy blame for distracting Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)