|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
2. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Transport him to the paper.
(b) Give him to Hildy.
(c) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
(d) Turn him in.
3. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The train station.
(b) The roof.
(c) The sheriff's closet.
(d) The bus station.
4. In reaction to Mrs. Grant's testimony in Act 3, Part 2, how does Burns inadvertently reveal where Williams is hiding?
(a) He tells the sheriff that Mollie knows where Williams is.
(b) He shouts out the hiding place by accident.
(c) He signals it is safe for Williams to come out.
(d) He causes Hildy to tell the sheriff where Williams is.
5. How much of a reward does the sheriff offer the deputies to kill Williams?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
6. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
7. How does the sheriff recognize the gun as the one Williams had in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) He saw it when Williams escaped.
(b) It matches the description from the witnesses.
(c) It is his gun.
(d) It is the same type of gun that Williams owns.
8. What state of mind is the messenger in when he first enters in Act 3, Part 3?
9. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The mayor.
10. Who is with the reporters as Hildy opens the door at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The mayor.
(c) The sheriff.
11. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The sheriff.
12. What does Hildy admit to Peggy during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) That he thinks a career as a reporter is more important than her.
(b) That he doesn't love her anymore.
(c) That he is a horrible human being.
(d) That the other reporters were right about her.
13. What is the signal that Williams is safe, according to Burns at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The word, "safety."
(b) Three knocks.
(c) The word, "freedom."
(d) Five knocks.
14. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A knife.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A chair.
(d) The gun.
15. What does Williams tell Hildy about the gun he is holding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is loaded.
(c) It is the only thing keeping him alive.
(d) It is the murder weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Burns tell the mayor, after being arrested in Act 3, Part 3?
3. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
4. What character's actions earlier in the play are similar to Burns' actions with Bensinger in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)