|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Burns tell Louie to go at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To go and get people to move the desk.
(b) To go and get the Mayor.
(c) To go and get the police.
(d) To go and get people to distract the police.
2. What does Peggy tell Hildy at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That they missed their train.
(b) That she needs the money he took before.
(c) That she loves him just the way he is.
(d) That she thinks he should stay and write for the newspaper.
3. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
(a) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
4. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(b) Wanting him to be someone else.
(c) Wanting him to be a loser.
(d) Being part of the corruption.
5. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) The execution is going as planned.
(b) To make room for Williams.
(c) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
(d) The execution is postponed.
6. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) There is no mention of the paper in the title.
(b) There is no mention of the paper in the first paragraph.
(c) There is no mention of the paper in the ending paragraph.
(d) There is no mention of Burns in the story.
7. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) The governor.
(b) The state representative.
(c) The senator.
(d) The president.
8. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
(c) Obstruction of justice.
(d) Harboring a fugitive.
9. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(b) Knowing where Williams is.
(c) Lying to her.
(d) Not loving her.
10. How many wives treated Burns badly, as he reveals in Act 3, Part 1?
11. What does Mollie grab to defend herself with towards the end of Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A knife.
(b) A chair.
(c) The gun.
(d) An umbrella.
12. Who does Peggy blame for distracting Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The sheriff.
13. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Trying to impress Burns so he will hire them.
(b) Making up details.
(c) Stealing Hildy's reporting.
(d) Asking for raises.
14. According the mayor in Act 2, Part 3, what isn't real?
(a) The murder Williams is accused of.
(b) The socialist scare.
(c) The sighting of Williams at the train station.
(d) The freedom of the press.
15. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
(b) The mayor.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy warn Burns about the other reporters in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does Hildy admit to Peggy during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
3. According to Burns at the end of Act 3, Part 1, what is ruining everything?
4. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
5. Where does Woodenshoes tell Hildy that Williams is likely to be in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)