|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
2. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The mayor.
3. Where does Hildy hide Williams as the other reporters are coming back in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) Bensinger's desk.
(b) Underneath his desk.
(c) The fire escape.
(d) Behind a file cabinet.
4. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Turn him in.
(b) Transport him to the paper.
(c) Give him to Hildy.
(d) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
5. Where does Woodenshoes tell Hildy that Williams is likely to be in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) At Mollie's.
(b) On a train.
(c) At the gallows.
(d) On a bus.
6. What state of mind is the messenger in when he first enters in Act 3, Part 3?
7. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
(b) Harboring a fugitive.
(d) Obstruction of justice.
8. What does Hildy finally tell Burns at the end of the play in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That he is leaving the newspaper for good.
(b) That he wants the money he owes him from before.
(c) That he will write stories in his own way.
(d) That he staying with the newspaper for good.
9. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
10. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
(c) The sheriff.
11. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
(a) The integrity that the mayor has, and the lack of integrity of Hildy and the sheriff.
(b) The integrity that the mayor and the sheriff have, and the lack of integrity of Hildy.
(c) The integrity that Hildy and the mayor have, and the lack of integrity of the sheriff.
(d) The integrity that Hildy has, and the lack of integrity of the mayor and the sheriff.
12. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
13. Who does the sheriff pretend to be on the phone in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The mayor.
14. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A cab.
(b) A train.
(c) Another police car.
(d) A bus.
15. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
(a) The voters' mistake.
(b) The mayor's mistake.
(c) The sheriff's mistake.
(d) The press's mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
2. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
3. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
4. What does Williams tell Hildy about the gun he is holding in Act 2, Part 4?
5. How long does Burns think it will take his men to get there at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)