|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
2. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Cleaning the offices.
(c) A weekly column.
(d) Covering sports.
3. Where does Hildy hide Williams as the other reporters are coming back in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) Behind a file cabinet.
(b) The fire escape.
(c) Bensinger's desk.
(d) Underneath his desk.
4. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) The governor.
(b) The president.
(c) The state representative.
(d) The senator.
5. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Killing Williams.
(b) Being bribed by the mayor.
(c) Being bribed by the sheriff.
(d) Killing Mrs. Grant.
6. Where does Woodenshoes tell Hildy that Williams is likely to be in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) On a bus.
(b) At Mollie's.
(c) On a train.
(d) At the gallows.
7. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
(a) The mayor's mistake.
(b) The sheriff's mistake.
(c) The voters' mistake.
(d) The press's mistake.
8. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
(a) He will be there in a few hours.
(b) He will give Hildy a lot more money.
(c) He is coming right over.
(d) He doesn't believe him.
9. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) That Hildy has caught a murderer.
(b) That Hildy helped Williams escape from his examination.
(c) That Hildy shot the psychiatrist.
(d) That Hildy isn't getting married.
10. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Arrest Hildy.
(c) Let him go.
(d) Arrest Burns.
11. How much of a reward does the sheriff offer the deputies to kill Williams?
(a) Three hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
12. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
(a) The integrity that the mayor and the sheriff have, and the lack of integrity of Hildy.
(b) The integrity that Hildy has, and the lack of integrity of the mayor and the sheriff.
(c) The integrity that Hildy and the mayor have, and the lack of integrity of the sheriff.
(d) The integrity that the mayor has, and the lack of integrity of Hildy and the sheriff.
13. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A bus.
(b) Another police car.
(c) A train.
(d) A cab.
14. What is Hildy talking about repeatedly at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Williams escaping.
(b) His money.
(c) What Mollie did.
(d) The other reporters and their actions.
15. What does Burns tell the mayor, after being arrested in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) That the mayor killed the police officer, not Williams.
(b) That he will seek revenge.
(c) That he is going to the state authorities.
(d) That the mayor will lose the election.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hildy to hang up the phone angrily in the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
2. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
3. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
4. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
5. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)