|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hangs up angrily on Hildy in Act 2, Part 4?
(c) The mayor.
(d) The sheriff.
2. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Being bribed by the sheriff.
(b) Killing Mrs. Grant.
(c) Being bribed by the mayor.
(d) Killing Williams.
3. Who does Hildy try to pass the gun to as the other reporters grab him in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The sheriff.
4. What does Mrs. Grant inadvertently reveal to the other reporters in her attempt to get Hildy to leave with her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) That Hildy isn't getting married.
(b) That Hildy shot the psychiatrist.
(c) That Hildy has caught a murderer.
(d) That Hildy helped Williams escape from his examination.
5. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Let him go.
(c) Arrest Hildy.
(d) Arrest Burns.
6. What is Hildy talking about repeatedly at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Williams escaping.
(b) The other reporters and their actions.
(c) What Mollie did.
(d) His money.
7. What does Burns explain the story is really about to Hildy in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Political corruption.
(b) The sheriff's incompetence.
8. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Asking for raises.
(b) Stealing Hildy's reporting.
(c) Making up details.
(d) Trying to impress Burns so he will hire them.
9. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
(a) The voters' mistake.
(b) The mayor's mistake.
(c) The sheriff's mistake.
(d) The press's mistake.
10. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) The execution is postponed.
(b) To make room for Williams.
(c) The execution is going as planned.
(d) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
11. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(b) Not loving her.
(c) Knowing where Williams is.
(d) Lying to her.
12. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The other office.
(d) The hallway.
13. According the mayor in Act 2, Part 3, what isn't real?
(a) The socialist scare.
(b) The freedom of the press.
(c) The sighting of Williams at the train station.
(d) The murder Williams is accused of.
14. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred and fifty dollars.
15. After his phone conversation, what does the Sheriff do in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) He arrests Bensinger.
(b) He arrests Hildy and Burns.
(c) He arrests Mollie and Hildy.
(d) He arrests Mollie, Hildy, and Burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
2. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Where does the sheriff look for Williams originally in Act 3, Part 2?
4. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
5. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)