|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Hildy and Burns charged with in Act 3, Part 3?
(c) Obstruction of justice.
(d) Harboring a fugitive.
2. What draws Hildy back into the world of journalism in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) The money he will make.
(b) The chance to help a murderer escape.
(c) The chance to leave Peggy.
(d) The chance to make a difference.
3. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The other office.
4. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Transport him to the paper.
(b) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Give him to Hildy.
5. What does the sheriff tell the warden in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) The execution is postponed.
(b) To make room for Williams.
(c) The execution is going as planned.
(d) To make room for Hildy and Burns.
6. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Being part of the corruption.
(b) Wanting him to be someone else.
(c) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(d) Wanting him to be a loser.
7. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He fires the sheriff.
(d) He doesn't believe the sheriff.
8. What is Peggy doing as she goes to leave in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Ignoring Hildy.
9. What does Hildy admit to Peggy during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) That he thinks a career as a reporter is more important than her.
(b) That he doesn't love her anymore.
(c) That the other reporters were right about her.
(d) That he is a horrible human being.
10. Who does the sheriff accuse Hildy of conspiring with to hide Williams at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
11. What does Burns tell Hildy on the phone in Act 2, Part 4 after hearing that Williams is with him?
(a) He will be there in a few hours.
(b) He doesn't believe him.
(c) He is coming right over.
(d) He will give Hildy a lot more money.
12. What is the signal that Williams is safe, according to Burns at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The word, "freedom."
(b) The word, "safety."
(c) Five knocks.
(d) Three knocks.
13. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Lay low for a while.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Get out of town.
(d) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
14. How much money does Louie agree to give Hildy for an IOU?
(a) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
15. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The roof.
(b) The sheriff's closet.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What is it about Hildy's story that causes Burns and Hildy to argue in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What does the mayor offer the messenger as a bribe in Act 2, Part 3?
4. Where does Burns tell Louie to go at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)