|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burns tell Hildy he is behaving when he protests Mrs. Grant being taken away?
2. Who is with the reporters as Hildy opens the door at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The mayor.
3. What are the reporters doing as they phone in their stories in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Making up details.
(b) Stealing Hildy's reporting.
(c) Asking for raises.
(d) Trying to impress Burns so he will hire them.
4. How much of a reward does the sheriff offer the deputies to kill Williams?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
5. Who interrupts the sheriff's plans at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
6. Who sends the reprieve to cancel the execution in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) The state representative.
(b) The governor.
(c) The president.
(d) The senator.
7. What does the mayor order after hearing the messenger tell the truth in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) For Hildy and Burns to be given money to silence them.
(b) For the messenger to be taken away.
(c) For the execution to go on as planned.
(d) For Hildy and Burns to be released.
8. What job does Burns offer Bensinger as a way to get him to leave in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Cleaning the offices.
(b) Covering sports.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) A weekly column.
9. Acting on Burns' orders, who takes Mrs. Grant out in Act 2, Part 5?
(b) The courier.
(c) The sheriff.
10. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
(a) Be calm.
(b) Arrest Hildy.
(c) Go out through the back door.
(d) Don't open the door.
11. Where does Burns tell Louie to go at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To go and get people to move the desk.
(b) To go and get people to distract the police.
(c) To go and get the Mayor.
(d) To go and get the police.
12. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
(a) The sheriff's mistake.
(b) The mayor's mistake.
(c) The press's mistake.
(d) The voters' mistake.
13. According to Louie, what crashes into a police car in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A bus.
(b) Another police car.
(c) A cab.
(d) A train.
14. What does Williams urge the sheriff to do at the beginning of Act 3, Part 3?
(a) Let him go.
(b) Arrest Hildy.
(c) Arrest Burns.
(d) Shoot him.
15. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Lay low for a while.
(c) Get out of town.
(d) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
2. In reaction to Mrs. Grant's testimony in Act 3, Part 2, how does Burns inadvertently reveal where Williams is hiding?
3. What does the mayor offer the messenger as a bribe in Act 2, Part 3?
4. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)