|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) She is upset and hangs up.
(b) The connection is broken.
(c) McCue is frustrated and hangs up.
(d) One of the other reporters pulls the phone out of the wall.
2. What technique do the playwrights use to illustrate Hildy's character in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The use of money to represent character.
(b) The metaphor referred to in his speech.
(c) Definition by contrast.
(d) Analogy of fire.
3. What is the sheriff's reaction to the news of Hildy leaving the paper?
(a) He changes the subject.
(b) He doesn't believe it.
(c) He says that he already knows.
(d) He thinks it is good riddance.
4. Hildy is short for what name?
5. How do the reporters act when Jennie enters in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) They tease her.
(b) They yell at her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They stand up and smile.
6. According to Bensinger, what won't the Sheriff change about the execution of Williams?
(a) The decision to make it a public event.
(b) The time.
(c) The rule banning all press.
(d) The judgment.
7. How are most of the reporters depicted in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Lazy and confused.
(b) Lazy and passive.
(c) Lazy and impatient.
(d) Lazy and quiet.
8. Who is the mayor looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
(b) The sheriff.
(d) Diamond Louie.
9. Who does Hildy say owns the company he will be working for?
(a) His girlfriend's cousin.
(b) His girlfriend's father.
(c) His girlfriend's brother.
(d) His girlfriend's uncle.
10. Who did Williams tell he was innocent, according to Woodenshoe?
(b) His priest.
(c) His wife.
11. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The interview he had with Williams.
(b) Williams's previous criminal record.
(c) Williams's last meal.
(d) The evidence against Williams.
12. What upsets Kruger when he hears about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) That Hildy didn't say goodbye.
(b) That he never met Hildy.
(c) That he is Hildy's best friend.
(d) That he never got the chance to work with Hildy.
13. What is the predator called in the story McCue is working on towards the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Electric Thief.
(b) The Electric Bandit.
(c) The Electric Killer.
(d) The Electric Murderer.
14. Who brings Mrs. Grant, Peggy's mother, in during Act 2, Part 2?
(d) The sheriff.
15. Where does Kruger say Williams was seen while reporting the story to his paper in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Getting on a train at the station.
(b) Robbing a local grocery store.
(c) Stealing a car downtown.
(d) Boarding a bus downtown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff say will never happen when the psychiatrist examines Williams?
2. What is Murphy's version of how Williams escaped?
3. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
4. What reason does Mollie give for seeing Williams before the shooting?
5. What does Hildy tell Burns about the story he is giving him in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)