|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hildy waiting for in the press room at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The courier.
2. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He is well dressed and groomed.
(b) He is a mess.
(c) He isn't wearing a hat.
(d) He needs a haircut soon.
3. What does Kruger report the senator has called for in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A new trial.
(b) A ban of all guns.
(c) Military intervention.
(d) A more thorough investigation of the murder.
4. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Mrs. Schlosser.
5. What is Endicott's version of how Williams escaped?
(a) A tear gas bomb exploded, causing enough of a commotion for him to escape.
(b) He overpowered the psychiatrist with a gun and ran into the street.
(c) He had an accomplice who helped him escape.
(d) He bribed a police officer.
6. What is Peggy's reaction to the missing money in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She doesn't care about it.
7. Who brings Mrs. Grant, Peggy's mother, in during Act 2, Part 2?
(c) The sheriff.
8. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
(d) Thank you cards.
9. What does Hildy do when Burns calls in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Rips the phone out of the wall.
(b) Hangs up the phone.
(c) Ignores the call.
(d) Hands the phone to McCue.
10. How much money does Hildy tell the other reporters he has received as a gift?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
11. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) An exciting life.
(b) A great life that he will miss.
(c) A lousy life.
(d) An unpredictable life.
12. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
(b) If Williams got the gun from him.
(c) How soon they can capture Williams again.
(d) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
13. What do Murphy and Endicott hope to get from the mayor in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A confession.
(b) An apology.
(c) Good news.
(d) A statement.
14. What does Hildy's response to the fire show in Act 1, Part 3, that some view as contradictory to his other behavior in the play so far?
(a) His fascination of disasters.
(b) His concern for the other reporters.
(c) His reporter's instinct.
(d) His desire to help people in need.
15. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The evidence against Williams.
(b) Williams's last meal.
(c) Williams's previous criminal record.
(d) The interview he had with Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the appearance of Peggy and her mother hint of for Hildy?
2. What city is Hildy's train going to, according to the tickets he shows the other reporters?
3. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
4. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, who did Williams shoot once he got a gun?
5. What is Kruger, the reporter, doing at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)