|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(c) Mrs. Schlosser.
2. Who does Hildy say owns the company he will be working for?
(a) His girlfriend's brother.
(b) His girlfriend's father.
(c) His girlfriend's cousin.
(d) His girlfriend's uncle.
3. What is the loud noise heard outside of the press room in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A burglary alarm.
(b) The testing of the gallows.
(c) A car crash.
(d) A police siren.
4. Who tells the sheriff that Hildy has quit the paper in Act 1, Part 4?
5. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
(a) A bench.
(b) A gambling table.
(c) An ash tray.
(d) A laundry basket.
6. What does Williams' escape from jail indicate for Hildy?
(a) That he lied about the money he received.
(b) That he won't be able to leave town because of the chase.
(c) That he is still a reporter.
(d) That he helped Williams escape.
7. What job does Hildy tell the reporters he is quitting the paper for?
(a) An advertising job.
(b) A job as a lawyer.
(c) A job as a police officer.
(d) An accounting job.
8. What is the sheriff's reaction to the news of Hildy leaving the paper?
(a) He doesn't believe it.
(b) He changes the subject.
(c) He thinks it is good riddance.
(d) He says that he already knows.
9. What does the appearance of Peggy and her mother hint of for Hildy?
(a) The deception he is carrying.
(b) The possible negative aspects of married life.
(c) The other reporters were right.
(d) The possible positive aspects of married life.
10. What does Hildy hear as he comes into the press room in Act 2, Part 1?
(b) McCue and Murphy arguing.
(c) The phone ringing.
(d) The sheriff yelling at his deputy.
11. What do Murphy and Endicott hope to get from the mayor in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A confession.
(b) Good news.
(c) An apology.
(d) A statement.
12. What kind of money does Hildy tell the reporters he will be making at his new job?
(a) Less money.
(b) Good money.
(c) The same money.
(d) No money.
13. At the beginning of Act 1, Part 4, who is Wilson is talking to on the phone?
(b) Hildy's fiancé.
(c) Diamond Louie.
14. Where does Hildy want Peggy and Mrs. Grant to wait for him?
(a) At the paper's office.
(b) At the police station.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the bus stop.
15. Who throws Mollie out of the room in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy assure his girlfriend of in Act 1, Part 4?
2. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, who did Williams shoot once he got a gun?
3. Why does Williams think the Mayor and city are trying to hang him?
4. Who brings Mrs. Grant, Peggy's mother, in during Act 2, Part 2?
5. Who is Hildy waiting for in the press room at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)