|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hildy wonder about the fire in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If it is nearby.
(b) If it has been put out yet.
(c) If it is at the gallows.
(d) If it is at the school.
2. What is the loud noise heard outside of the press room in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A police siren.
(b) A car crash.
(c) The testing of the gallows.
(d) A burglary alarm.
3. What do Murphy and Endicott hope to get from the mayor in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Good news.
(b) A statement.
(c) An apology.
(d) A confession.
4. What does Williams' escape from jail indicate for Hildy?
(a) That he lied about the money he received.
(b) That he won't be able to leave town because of the chase.
(c) That he helped Williams escape.
(d) That he is still a reporter.
5. What does Hildy offer Jennie in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A donut.
(b) To help her clean.
(d) To help her find a new job.
6. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A jealous person.
(b) A liar.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A thief.
7. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
(b) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
(c) If Williams got the gun from him.
(d) How soon they can capture Williams again.
8. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
9. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
(a) Thank you cards.
10. What does Hildy tell Burns about the story he is giving him in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) It will be the last one.
(b) It was witnessed by a close friend.
(c) It will be the first of a series of stories on jailbreaks.
(d) It will be proven by testimonials.
11. Who is the mayor looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) Diamond Louie.
12. Where does Kruger say Williams was seen while reporting the story to his paper in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Stealing a car downtown.
(b) Getting on a train at the station.
(c) Robbing a local grocery store.
(d) Boarding a bus downtown.
13. What story is McCue investigating at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A stolen car.
(b) Another fire.
(c) A murder.
(d) A missing girl.
14. Who does McCue tell his editor accidentally shot a cleaning woman?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The sheriff's deputy.
15. When does Mollie say she saw Williams in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Three hours before the shooting.
(b) One hour before the shooting.
(c) Two days before the shooting.
(d) The day before the shooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Hildy in Act 1, Part 4?
2. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What group does Bensinger tell his paper will cause an uprising after the execution?
4. What does Hildy hear as he comes into the press room in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What is Endicott's version of how Williams escaped?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)