|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Hildy's state of mind at the end of Act 2, Part1?
2. Who brings Mrs. Grant, Peggy's mother, in during Act 2, Part 2?
(d) The sheriff.
3. What does Louie think about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) It is not worth talking about.
(b) It is not a permanent thing.
(c) It is unfair to the paper.
(d) It is a permanent thing.
4. What is Jennie cleaning up at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Glass and debris.
(b) The mess left by the reporters.
(c) Bensinger's desk.
(d) Spilled water on the floor.
5. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Williams's last meal.
(b) Williams's previous criminal record.
(c) The evidence against Williams.
(d) The interview he had with Williams.
6. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His inexpensive suit.
(b) His weight.
(c) Working at a fruit stand.
(d) Not living up to his name.
7. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
(c) Thank you cards.
8. What are the authors signaling in Act 2, Part 1 with Hildy's account of the jailbreak?
(a) That Hildy is lying.
(b) That Hildy was at the jailbreak and witnessed it.
(c) That the truth lies with Hildy.
(d) That Hildy is helping Williams.
9. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A jealous person.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
10. Who is Hildy waiting for in the press room at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The courier.
(c) The sheriff.
11. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
12. What are the other reporters doing in the background as McCue is talking with the woman in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Imitating him.
(b) Laughing at him.
(c) Making crude comments.
(d) Trying to get his attention.
13. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, what did the psychiatrist do during Williams's examination?
(a) He recreated the crime.
(b) He angered Williams by asking certain questions.
(c) He left Williams alone in the room.
(d) He helped Williams escape.
14. What is the name of Hildy's paper that he is leaving?
(a) The Chicago Inquisitor.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The Enquirer.
(d) The Examiner.
15. What does Jennie ask the reporters at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If they are always this messy.
(b) If she is late.
(c) If she should quit the company.
(d) If she can clean up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woodenshoes' theory about Williams entail?
2. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is Woodenshoes wondering at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. What does the woman report to McCue, the reporter, at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
5. Who does McCue tell his editor accidentally shot a cleaning woman?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)