|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The connection is broken.
(b) One of the other reporters pulls the phone out of the wall.
(c) McCue is frustrated and hangs up.
(d) She is upset and hangs up.
2. What does Williams' escape from jail indicate for Hildy?
(a) That he won't be able to leave town because of the chase.
(b) That he helped Williams escape.
(c) That he lied about the money he received.
(d) That he is still a reporter.
3. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
4. What job does Hildy tell the reporters he is quitting the paper for?
(a) An advertising job.
(b) A job as a lawyer.
(c) A job as a police officer.
(d) An accounting job.
5. What is the predator called in the story McCue is working on towards the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Electric Murderer.
(b) The Electric Thief.
(c) The Electric Bandit.
(d) The Electric Killer.
6. What do Murphy and Endicott hope to get from the mayor in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A confession.
(b) An apology.
(c) Good news.
(d) A statement.
7. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
(b) How soon they can capture Williams again.
(c) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
(d) If Williams got the gun from him.
8. What does Louie inform the reporters his new job title is in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Circulation manager.
(b) Assistant editor.
(c) Opinion columnist.
(d) Staff reporter.
9. What upsets Kruger when he hears about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) That Hildy didn't say goodbye.
(b) That he never got the chance to work with Hildy.
(c) That he never met Hildy.
(d) That he is Hildy's best friend.
10. What does Hildy hear as he comes into the press room in Act 2, Part 1?
(b) McCue and Murphy arguing.
(c) The sheriff yelling at his deputy.
(d) The phone ringing.
11. Where does Kruger say Williams was seen while reporting the story to his paper in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Boarding a bus downtown.
(b) Getting on a train at the station.
(c) Robbing a local grocery store.
(d) Stealing a car downtown.
12. Who is the mayor looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Diamond Louie.
13. Who is Hildy waiting for in the press room at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The sheriff.
(d) The courier.
14. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Mrs. Schlosser.
15. What are the other reporters doing in the background as McCue is talking with the woman in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Imitating him.
(b) Making crude comments.
(c) Trying to get his attention.
(d) Laughing at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Hildy is introduced in Act 1, Part 3, what is a major difference between him and the other reporters?
2. What does Hildy explain to Peggy that he told Burns in the beginning of Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is Woodenshoes being sent to get for the reporters in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does Louie think about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What group does Bensinger tell his paper will cause an uprising after the execution?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)