|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The interview he had with Williams.
(b) Williams's last meal.
(c) Williams's previous criminal record.
(d) The evidence against Williams.
2. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
(a) A bench.
(b) A laundry basket.
(c) A gambling table.
(d) An ash tray.
3. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
(a) Thank you cards.
4. What does Hildy do when Burns calls in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Ignores the call.
(b) Hangs up the phone.
(c) Rips the phone out of the wall.
(d) Hands the phone to McCue.
5. Who is Mrs. Schlosser looking for at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The police sergeant.
(b) Her husband.
6. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) So she can take care of it.
(b) She knows he doesn't have it.
(c) She needs to pay the cab fare.
(d) She doesn't believe Hildy's story.
7. Where does Kruger say Williams was seen while reporting the story to his paper in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Boarding a bus downtown.
(b) Stealing a car downtown.
(c) Robbing a local grocery store.
(d) Getting on a train at the station.
8. Who is the mayor looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Diamond Louie.
(b) The sheriff.
9. What is the sheriff's reaction to the news of Hildy leaving the paper?
(a) He doesn't believe it.
(b) He changes the subject.
(c) He says that he already knows.
(d) He thinks it is good riddance.
10. What upsets Kruger when he hears about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) That he never got the chance to work with Hildy.
(b) That he never met Hildy.
(c) That he is Hildy's best friend.
(d) That Hildy didn't say goodbye.
11. What story is McCue investigating at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A missing girl.
(b) A stolen car.
(c) Another fire.
(d) A murder.
12. What does Kruger ask will happen as a result of Williams's escape?
(a) The mayor will close the train station.
(b) The sheriff will be fired.
(c) There will be more murders.
(d) There will be a socialist uprising.
13. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Not being honest with her.
(b) Wasting the money.
(c) Not being able to resist Burns.
(d) Helping Williams escape.
14. What are several reporters doing when the play opens in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Telling jokes.
(b) Interviewing a suspect.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Playing poker.
15. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) If Williams got the gun from him.
(b) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
(c) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
(d) How soon they can capture Williams again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. What is Woodenshoes being sent to get for the reporters in Act 1, Part 2?
3. According to Bensinger, what won't the Sheriff change about the execution of Williams?
4. What kind of money does Hildy tell the reporters he will be making at his new job?
5. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Hildy in Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)