|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the predator called in the story McCue is working on towards the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Electric Murderer.
(b) The Electric Bandit.
(c) The Electric Killer.
(d) The Electric Thief.
2. How much money does Hildy tell the other reporters he has received as a gift?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
3. Louie states in Act 1, Part 2 that Hildy left for what reason?
(a) An argument with Murphy.
(b) An argument with Burns.
(c) An argument with McCue.
(d) An argument with Endicott.
4. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) If Williams got the gun from him.
(b) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
(c) How soon they can capture Williams again.
(d) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
5. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The connection is broken.
(b) One of the other reporters pulls the phone out of the wall.
(c) McCue is frustrated and hangs up.
(d) She is upset and hangs up.
6. What does Hildy's response to the fire show in Act 1, Part 3, that some view as contradictory to his other behavior in the play so far?
(a) His reporter's instinct.
(b) His concern for the other reporters.
(c) His desire to help people in need.
(d) His fascination of disasters.
7. What is Woodenshoes being sent to get for the reporters in Act 1, Part 2?
(c) A pizza.
8. What reason does Mollie give for seeing Williams before the shooting?
(a) He looked unhappy.
(b) He asked her to see him.
(c) She had something to give him.
(d) They met each other by accident.
9. What is Peggy's reaction to the missing money in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She doesn't care about it.
(d) She is surprised.
10. What does Hildy hear as he comes into the press room in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The phone ringing.
(b) The sheriff yelling at his deputy.
(d) McCue and Murphy arguing.
11. What does Williams' escape from jail indicate for Hildy?
(a) That he is still a reporter.
(b) That he helped Williams escape.
(c) That he lied about the money he received.
(d) That he won't be able to leave town because of the chase.
12. What pace does the play set during Act 1, Part 1, particularly where the dialogue is concerned?
(a) A fast pace with average conversation.
(b) A slow pace with very little conversation.
(c) A slow pace with many conversations going on.
(d) A fast pace with many conversations going on.
13. How are most of the reporters depicted in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Lazy and impatient.
(b) Lazy and quiet.
(c) Lazy and passive.
(d) Lazy and confused.
14. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) An exciting life.
(b) A lousy life.
(c) A great life that he will miss.
(d) An unpredictable life.
15. What does Peggy remind Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The times he has lost money.
(b) The times he has let her down.
(c) The times he has lied about money.
(d) The times he has not listened to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie inform the reporters his new job title is in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does the woman report to McCue, the reporter, at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
3. The Front Page is set in the press room of which Chicago building?
4. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
5. What are the reporters talking about attending in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)