|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hildy want Peggy and Mrs. Grant to wait for him?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the paper's office.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the bus stop.
2. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) So she can take care of it.
(b) She doesn't believe Hildy's story.
(c) She knows he doesn't have it.
(d) She needs to pay the cab fare.
3. What group does Bensinger tell his paper will cause an uprising after the execution?
(a) The town council.
(b) The city's socialists.
(c) The communist party.
(d) The chamber of commerce.
4. What does Mrs. Grant say about Hildy as she is getting into the cab?
(a) He is irresponsible.
(b) He is hiding something.
(c) He is trustworthy.
(d) He is a liar.
5. What do Murphy and Endicott hope to get from the mayor in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A statement.
(b) A confession.
(c) Good news.
(d) An apology.
6. What rule do Schwartz and Murphy say that Mrs. Schlosser has broken at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Only people with press tags are allowed in the pressroom.
(b) Women are barred from the pressroom.
(c) A police escort is required to enter the pressroom.
(d) All questions should be directed to their boss.
7. What does Kruger report the senator has called for in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Military intervention.
(b) A ban of all guns.
(c) A more thorough investigation of the murder.
(d) A new trial.
8. As we learn in Act 1, Part 1, why is Bensinger protective of his desk?
(a) He doesn't like other reporters reading his files.
(b) He is hiding things in the desk drawers.
(c) He recently got a new desk and phone.
(d) He is obsessed with germs.
9. Who does Hildy say owns the company he will be working for?
(a) His girlfriend's cousin.
(b) His girlfriend's brother.
(c) His girlfriend's father.
(d) His girlfriend's uncle.
10. Who is Hildy waiting for in the press room at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The courier.
(c) The sheriff.
11. What does Hildy's response to the fire show in Act 1, Part 3, that some view as contradictory to his other behavior in the play so far?
(a) His concern for the other reporters.
(b) His fascination of disasters.
(c) His reporter's instinct.
(d) His desire to help people in need.
12. Who is Mrs. Schlosser looking for at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her husband.
(d) The police sergeant.
13. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, who did Williams shoot once he got a gun?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The psychiatrist.
(d) Another police officer.
14. Why does Williams think the Mayor and city are trying to hang him?
(a) Because he didn't have enough money to pay a traffic ticket.
(b) Because he did not vote for the Mayor.
(c) Because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(d) Because he is a radical.
15. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, what did the psychiatrist do during Williams's examination?
(a) He left Williams alone in the room.
(b) He recreated the crime.
(c) He helped Williams escape.
(d) He angered Williams by asking certain questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Endicott's version of how Williams escaped?
2. What does Burns say he will help Mrs. Schlosser with in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What are several reporters doing when the play opens in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)