|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hildy do when Burns calls in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Hangs up the phone.
(b) Ignores the call.
(c) Hands the phone to McCue.
(d) Rips the phone out of the wall.
2. What does Hildy joke about as McCue is leaving in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The argument between McCue and Murphy.
(b) The amount of money some of the other reporters are getting for their stories.
(c) Another cleaning woman being shot.
(d) The sheriff's incompetence in allowing Williams to escape.
3. What job does Hildy tell the reporters he is quitting the paper for?
(a) A job as a police officer.
(b) An accounting job.
(c) An advertising job.
(d) A job as a lawyer.
4. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
(b) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
(c) How soon they can capture Williams again.
(d) If Williams got the gun from him.
5. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) A great life that he will miss.
(b) An unpredictable life.
(c) A lousy life.
(d) An exciting life.
6. After the fire alarm rings in Act 1, Part 1, why do the reporters ignore it?
(a) A fire doesn't seem like a good story to them.
(b) They are afraid of fires.
(c) They don't hear it.
(d) The fire is too far away.
7. How does the sheriff suggest to the reporters they can get more tickets to the hanging?
(a) By advertising the hanging so more people will attend.
(b) By writing about how Williams is not guilty.
(c) By publicizing what a dangerous menace Williams is.
(d) By publicizing what a tragedy the execution is.
8. What do Murphy and Endicott hope to get from the mayor in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A confession.
(b) Good news.
(c) An apology.
(d) A statement.
9. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A jealous person.
(c) A liar.
(d) A thief.
10. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His inexpensive suit.
(b) His weight.
(c) Not living up to his name.
(d) Working at a fruit stand.
11. What are the other reporters doing in the background as McCue is talking with the woman in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Imitating him.
(b) Laughing at him.
(c) Trying to get his attention.
(d) Making crude comments.
12. Louie states in Act 1, Part 2 that Hildy left for what reason?
(a) An argument with McCue.
(b) An argument with Burns.
(c) An argument with Endicott.
(d) An argument with Murphy.
13. What is Peggy's reaction to the missing money in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She doesn't care about it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is not surprised.
14. Who do the reporters tell Hildy is trying to contact him in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) His brother.
(c) His fiancé.
15. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) One of the other reporters pulls the phone out of the wall.
(b) The connection is broken.
(c) She is upset and hangs up.
(d) McCue is frustrated and hangs up.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
2. What is the sheriff's reaction to the news of Hildy leaving the paper?
3. Where does the sheriff say his men have cornered Williams in Act 2, Part 2?
4. How are most of the reporters depicted in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Hildy tell Burns about the story he is giving him in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)