|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Hildy's state of mind at the end of Act 2, Part1?
2. What does Hildy ask the reporters for before he leaves in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A recommendation.
(b) The favor they owe him.
(c) A cigar.
(d) The money they owe him.
3. What are the reporters talking about attending in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A business dinner.
(b) A press conference.
(c) A hanging.
(d) A court trial.
4. What upsets Kruger when he hears about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) That he is Hildy's best friend.
(b) That Hildy didn't say goodbye.
(c) That he never got the chance to work with Hildy.
(d) That he never met Hildy.
5. Who calls looking for Hildy in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) Walter Burns.
(c) The woman McCue was talking with earlier.
(d) The Mayor.
6. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Williams's previous criminal record.
(b) The interview he had with Williams.
(c) Williams's last meal.
(d) The evidence against Williams.
7. The Front Page is set in the press room of which Chicago building?
(a) City Hall.
(b) The Criminal Courts Building.
(c) The Chicago Police Department.
(d) The Chicago Sun Times.
8. What does Hildy hear as he comes into the press room in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The sheriff yelling at his deputy.
(b) McCue and Murphy arguing.
(c) The phone ringing.
9. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) How soon they can capture Williams again.
(b) If Williams got the gun from him.
(c) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
(d) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
10. What is Woodenshoes being sent to get for the reporters in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A pizza.
11. As we learn in Act 1, Part 1, why is Bensinger protective of his desk?
(a) He is obsessed with germs.
(b) He is hiding things in the desk drawers.
(c) He recently got a new desk and phone.
(d) He doesn't like other reporters reading his files.
12. What is Kruger, the reporter, doing at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Strumming a banjo and singing.
(b) Talking with other reporters.
(c) Strumming a ukulele and singing.
(d) Talking on the phone.
13. What does Hildy tell Burns about the story he is giving him in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) It will be the first of a series of stories on jailbreaks.
(b) It was witnessed by a close friend.
(c) It will be the last one.
(d) It will be proven by testimonials.
14. What kind of money does Hildy tell the reporters he will be making at his new job?
(a) The same money.
(b) Less money.
(c) Good money.
(d) No money.
15. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the predator called in the story McCue is working on towards the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
3. What does Kruger ask will happen as a result of Williams's escape?
4. After the fire alarm rings in Act 1, Part 1, why do the reporters ignore it?
5. In Act 2, Part 1, what is obvious when comparing Hildy to the other reporters?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)