|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sheriff's reaction to the news of Hildy leaving the paper?
(a) He changes the subject.
(b) He doesn't believe it.
(c) He thinks it is good riddance.
(d) He says that he already knows.
2. In Act 1, Part 1, what does Schwartz tell McCue is the reason that Hildy quit?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He left town.
(c) He was unhappy with his job.
(d) He accepted a better job.
3. What upsets Kruger when he hears about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) That he never met Hildy.
(b) That he is Hildy's best friend.
(c) That Hildy didn't say goodbye.
(d) That he never got the chance to work with Hildy.
4. What does Woodenshoes' theory about Williams entail?
(a) Crime prevention.
(b) That he had a good reason for committing the murder.
(c) That he is innocent.
(d) That the sheriff will shoot him on sight.
5. In response to the sheriff's threat, what does Hildy reveal as blackmail?
(a) The sheriff spent the night in a hotel with a waitress.
(b) The sheriff has been giving money to a librarian.
(c) The sheriff spent the night in a hotel with a librarian.
(d) The sheriff has been giving money to a waitress.
6. How much does Hildy tell Burns it cost him to get the full story of Williams' escape?
(a) Three hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Four hundred dollars
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred and sixty dollars.
7. What is Jennie cleaning up at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Glass and debris.
(b) Bensinger's desk.
(c) The mess left by the reporters.
(d) Spilled water on the floor.
8. Who is Hildy waiting for in the press room at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) The courier.
(d) The sheriff.
9. What is the predator called in the story McCue is working on towards the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Electric Murderer.
(b) The Electric Thief.
(c) The Electric Bandit.
(d) The Electric Killer.
10. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Mrs. Schlosser.
11. What kind of money does Hildy tell the reporters he will be making at his new job?
(a) No money.
(b) The same money.
(c) Less money.
(d) Good money.
12. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She doesn't believe Hildy's story.
(b) She knows he doesn't have it.
(c) So she can take care of it.
(d) She needs to pay the cab fare.
13. What does the Mayor say about the senator's position in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) It is impossible.
(b) It will take a week to happen.
(c) It is a lie.
(d) It is a good idea.
14. Why does Williams think the Mayor and city are trying to hang him?
(a) Because he is a radical.
(b) Because he did not vote for the Mayor.
(c) Because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(d) Because he didn't have enough money to pay a traffic ticket.
15. What best describes Hildy's state of mind at the end of Act 2, Part1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hildy say owns the company he will be working for?
2. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
3. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
4. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
5. What does Hildy promise to his girlfriend before hanging up the phone in Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)