|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie think about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) It is not worth talking about.
(b) It is unfair to the paper.
(c) It is a permanent thing.
(d) It is not a permanent thing.
2. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A jealous person.
(b) A liar.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A thief.
3. Who brings Mrs. Grant, Peggy's mother, in during Act 2, Part 2?
(d) The sheriff.
4. What does Hildy offer Jennie in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A donut.
(b) To help her find a new job.
(d) To help her clean.
5. What is the predator called in the story McCue is working on towards the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Electric Murderer.
(b) The Electric Bandit.
(c) The Electric Killer.
(d) The Electric Thief.
6. In Act 1, Part 2, what do some of the reporters think Louie is lacking?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sense of humor.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A job.
7. What city is Hildy's train going to, according to the tickets he shows the other reporters?
(a) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) San Francisco.
8. How do the reporters act when Jennie enters in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) They yell at her.
(b) They tease her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They stand up and smile.
9. What are the authors signaling in Act 2, Part 1 with Hildy's account of the jailbreak?
(a) That the truth lies with Hildy.
(b) That Hildy was at the jailbreak and witnessed it.
(c) That Hildy is lying.
(d) That Hildy is helping Williams.
10. What job does Hildy tell the reporters he is quitting the paper for?
(a) An advertising job.
(b) An accounting job.
(c) A job as a police officer.
(d) A job as a lawyer.
11. What does Hildy ask the reporters for before he leaves in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The money they owe him.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A recommendation.
(d) The favor they owe him.
12. What reason does Mollie give for seeing Williams before the shooting?
(a) He looked unhappy.
(b) They met each other by accident.
(c) She had something to give him.
(d) He asked her to see him.
13. What does Mrs. Grant say about Hildy as she is getting into the cab?
(a) He is irresponsible.
(b) He is hiding something.
(c) He is trustworthy.
(d) He is a liar.
14. What does the Mayor say about the senator's position in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) It will take a week to happen.
(b) It is a lie.
(c) It is a good idea.
(d) It is impossible.
15. At the beginning of Act 1, Part 4, who is Wilson is talking to on the phone?
(b) Hildy's fiancé.
(d) Diamond Louie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hildy throw the water on at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Williams' escape from jail indicate for Hildy?
3. How much does Hildy tell Burns it cost him to get the full story of Williams' escape?
4. What are several reporters doing when the play opens in Act 1, Part 1?
5. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)