|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the sheriff blame for Williams's escape in his conversation with the Mayor?
(b) The psychiatrist.
(c) His deputy.
2. Who does McCue tell his editor accidentally shot a cleaning woman?
(a) The sheriff.
(d) The sheriff's deputy.
3. What are the reporters talking about attending in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A hanging.
(b) A court trial.
(c) A business dinner.
(d) A press conference.
4. What job does Hildy tell the reporters he is quitting the paper for?
(a) An advertising job.
(b) A job as a police officer.
(c) A job as a lawyer.
(d) An accounting job.
5. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
6. What does Louie inform the reporters his new job title is in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Circulation manager.
(b) Staff reporter.
(c) Opinion columnist.
(d) Assistant editor.
7. Who is the mayor looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Diamond Louie.
8. Where does the sheriff say his men have cornered Williams in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) A house on Fifth Street.
(d) A house on Clark Street.
9. Who do the reporters tell Hildy is trying to contact him in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) His brother.
(b) His fiancé.
10. Who calls looking for Hildy in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) Walter Burns.
(d) The woman McCue was talking with earlier.
11. When does Mollie say she saw Williams in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) One hour before the shooting.
(b) Two days before the shooting.
(c) Three hours before the shooting.
(d) The day before the shooting.
12. In Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Schlosser throw when the reporters finally tell her the information she needs to know?
(b) A newspaper.
(d) A hat.
13. What are the authors signaling in Act 2, Part 1 with Hildy's account of the jailbreak?
(a) That Hildy was at the jailbreak and witnessed it.
(b) That Hildy is helping Williams.
(c) That Hildy is lying.
(d) That the truth lies with Hildy.
14. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He is well dressed and groomed.
(b) He needs a haircut soon.
(c) He is a mess.
(d) He isn't wearing a hat.
15. After the fire alarm rings in Act 1, Part 1, why do the reporters ignore it?
(a) They don't hear it.
(b) They are afraid of fires.
(c) The fire is too far away.
(d) A fire doesn't seem like a good story to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sheriff's reaction to the news of Hildy leaving the paper?
2. Who throws Mollie out of the room in Act 1, Part 4?
3. What is Peggy's reaction to the missing money in Act 2, Part 2?
4. How much money does Hildy tell the other reporters he has received as a gift?
5. What does Peggy remind Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)