|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the authors signaling in Act 2, Part 1 with Hildy's account of the jailbreak?
(a) That the truth lies with Hildy.
(b) That Hildy is lying.
(c) That Hildy is helping Williams.
(d) That Hildy was at the jailbreak and witnessed it.
2. In Act 2, Part 1, what is obvious when comparing Hildy to the other reporters?
(a) Hildy has a better editor.
(b) Hildy is a worse reporter.
(c) Hildy is getting paid more for his story.
(d) Hildy is a better reporter.
3. Who did Williams tell he was innocent, according to Woodenshoe?
(b) His wife.
(c) His priest.
4. Who is Hildy waiting for in the press room at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The courier.
(b) The sheriff.
5. What does Kruger report the senator has called for in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A ban of all guns.
(b) Military intervention.
(c) A new trial.
(d) A more thorough investigation of the murder.
6. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Not being honest with her.
(b) Not being able to resist Burns.
(c) Helping Williams escape.
(d) Wasting the money.
7. What is the sheriff's reaction to the news of Hildy leaving the paper?
(a) He changes the subject.
(b) He says that he already knows.
(c) He thinks it is good riddance.
(d) He doesn't believe it.
8. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A liar.
(b) A jealous person.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A thief.
9. Who is Mrs. Schlosser looking for at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Her husband.
(c) The police sergeant.
10. Who calls looking for Hildy in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Walter Burns.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The woman McCue was talking with earlier.
11. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Hildy in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Have him exiled from the town.
(b) Prevent him from catching his train.
(c) Have him fired.
(d) Arrest him.
12. What is Murphy's version of how Williams escaped?
(a) He bribed a police officer.
(b) He had an accomplice who helped him escape.
(c) He overpowered the psychiatrist with a gun and ran into the street.
(d) A tear gas bomb exploded, causing enough of a commotion for him to escape.
13. Who do the reporters tell Hildy is trying to contact him in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) His fiancé.
(d) His brother.
14. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(c) Mrs. Schlosser.
15. What does Hildy ask the reporters for before he leaves in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A cigar.
(b) The money they owe him.
(c) A recommendation.
(d) The favor they owe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy wonder about the fire in Act 1, Part 3?
2. How do the reporters act when Jennie enters in Act 1, Part 3?
3. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
4. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, what did the psychiatrist do during Williams's examination?
5. In Act 1, Part 2, what do some of the reporters think Louie is lacking?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)