|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
2. What does the mayor want to know from the sheriff in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) If the psychiatrist gave Williams the gun voluntarily.
(b) How soon they can capture Williams again.
(c) Why his men didn't shoot Williams.
(d) If Williams got the gun from him.
3. Who throws Mollie out of the room in Act 1, Part 4?
(c) The sheriff.
4. After the fire alarm rings in Act 1, Part 1, why do the reporters ignore it?
(a) A fire doesn't seem like a good story to them.
(b) They are afraid of fires.
(c) They don't hear it.
(d) The fire is too far away.
5. Who do the reporters tell Hildy is trying to contact him in Act 1, Part 3?
(b) His fiancé.
(d) His brother.
6. What reason does Mollie give for seeing Williams before the shooting?
(a) They met each other by accident.
(b) He asked her to see him.
(c) She had something to give him.
(d) He looked unhappy.
7. Who tells the sheriff that Hildy has quit the paper in Act 1, Part 4?
8. In Act 2, Part 1, what is obvious when comparing Hildy to the other reporters?
(a) Hildy is getting paid more for his story.
(b) Hildy has a better editor.
(c) Hildy is a better reporter.
(d) Hildy is a worse reporter.
9. How much does Hildy tell Burns it cost him to get the full story of Williams' escape?
(a) Three hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred and sixty dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Four hundred dollars
10. What pace does the play set during Act 1, Part 1, particularly where the dialogue is concerned?
(a) A slow pace with very little conversation.
(b) A slow pace with many conversations going on.
(c) A fast pace with average conversation.
(d) A fast pace with many conversations going on.
11. What is Woodenshoes wondering at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) If Williams will shoot the reporters.
(b) If the reporters still want burgers.
(c) If the reporters are looking for Williams.
(d) If the reporters know how Williams escaped.
12. In Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Schlosser throw when the reporters finally tell her the information she needs to know?
(a) A hat.
(b) A newspaper.
13. In Act 1, Part 1, what does Schwartz tell McCue is the reason that Hildy quit?
(a) He was unhappy with his job.
(b) He left town.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He accepted a better job.
14. In Act 1, Part 2, what do some of the reporters think Louie is lacking?
(a) A gun.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A job.
(d) A sense of humor.
15. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Mrs. Schlosser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy promise to his girlfriend before hanging up the phone in Act 1, Part 4?
2. What does Mrs. Grant tell Peggy and Hildy when she first arrives in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is the name of Hildy's paper that he is leaving?
4. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What are the reporters talking about attending in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)