|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hildy accuse Peggy of during their argument in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Being part of the corruption.
(b) Wanting him to be a loser.
(c) Being the last one to see Williams before the murder.
(d) Wanting him to be someone else.
2. According the mayor in Act 2, Part 3, what isn't real?
(a) The freedom of the press.
(b) The murder Williams is accused of.
(c) The sighting of Williams at the train station.
(d) The socialist scare.
3. Who did Williams tell he was innocent, according to Woodenshoe?
(a) His wife.
(c) His priest.
4. What does Burns say about Mrs. Grant to discredit her story in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) That she is an angry ex mother-in-law.
(b) That she is senile.
(c) That she is drunk.
(d) That she is blackmailing him.
5. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What story is McCue investigating at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
3. Where does Hildy want Peggy and Mrs. Grant to wait for him?
4. What are the other reporters doing in the background as McCue is talking with the woman in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does the sheriff say will never happen when the psychiatrist examines Williams?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)