|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams' escape from jail indicate for Hildy?
(a) That he won't be able to leave town because of the chase.
(b) That he helped Williams escape.
(c) That he lied about the money he received.
(d) That he is still a reporter.
2. The purpose of Act 2, Part 3 is to illustrate what major difference in the characters of Hildy, the mayor, and the sheriff?
(a) The integrity that Hildy has, and the lack of integrity of the mayor and the sheriff.
(b) The integrity that Hildy and the mayor have, and the lack of integrity of the sheriff.
(c) The integrity that the mayor and the sheriff have, and the lack of integrity of Hildy.
(d) The integrity that the mayor has, and the lack of integrity of Hildy and the sheriff.
3. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Hildy in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Prevent him from catching his train.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Have him fired.
(d) Have him exiled from the town.
4. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
(b) Get out of town.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Lay low for a while.
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Part 4, who is Wilson is talking to on the phone?
(a) Diamond Louie.
(c) Hildy's fiancé.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
2. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
3. Who is Mrs. Schlosser looking for at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does the mayor offer the messenger as a bribe in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What does Hildy promise to his girlfriend before hanging up the phone in Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)