|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mayor looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Diamond Louie.
(c) The sheriff.
2. What group does Bensinger tell his paper will cause an uprising after the execution?
(a) The town council.
(b) The communist party.
(c) The chamber of commerce.
(d) The city's socialists.
3. How does the sheriff suggest to the reporters they can get more tickets to the hanging?
(a) By writing about how Williams is not guilty.
(b) By publicizing what a tragedy the execution is.
(c) By advertising the hanging so more people will attend.
(d) By publicizing what a dangerous menace Williams is.
4. What does Hildy ask the reporters for before he leaves in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The money they owe him.
(b) The favor they owe him.
(c) A recommendation.
(d) A cigar.
5. What does Burns say he will help Mrs. Schlosser with in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Finding a good lawyer.
(b) Talking to the other reporters.
(c) Getting a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Hildy's train going to, according to the tickets he shows the other reporters?
2. What does Woodenshoes' theory about Williams entail?
3. What reason does Mollie give for seeing Williams before the shooting?
4. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
5. In response to the sheriff's threat, what does Hildy reveal as blackmail?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)