|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 1, what does Schwartz tell McCue is the reason that Hildy quit?
(a) He was unhappy with his job.
(b) He accepted a better job.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He left town.
2. Why does Williams think the Mayor and city are trying to hang him?
(a) Because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(b) Because he did not vote for the Mayor.
(c) Because he didn't have enough money to pay a traffic ticket.
(d) Because he is a radical.
3. What technique do the playwrights use to illustrate Hildy's character in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Definition by contrast.
(b) The metaphor referred to in his speech.
(c) The use of money to represent character.
(d) Analogy of fire.
4. Who was unnoticed by Hildy until he turns to leave at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Mrs. Schlosser.
5. What does Hildy do when Burns calls in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Rips the phone out of the wall.
(b) Ignores the call.
(c) Hands the phone to McCue.
(d) Hangs up the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the reporters talking about attending in Act 1, Part 1?
2. How do the reporters act when Jennie enters in Act 1, Part 3?
3. Who do the reporters tell Hildy is trying to contact him in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How does the sheriff suggest to the reporters they can get more tickets to the hanging?
5. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)