|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does Bensinger tell his paper will cause an uprising after the execution?
(a) The communist party.
(b) The chamber of commerce.
(c) The city's socialists.
(d) The town council.
2. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A thief.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A jealous person.
(d) A liar.
3. Where does Hildy want Peggy and Mrs. Grant to wait for him?
(a) At the paper's office.
(b) At the police station.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the bus stop.
4. What does Hildy tell Burns about the story he is giving him in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) It will be the first of a series of stories on jailbreaks.
(b) It was witnessed by a close friend.
(c) It will be the last one.
(d) It will be proven by testimonials.
5. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, what did the psychiatrist do during Williams's examination?
(a) He angered Williams by asking certain questions.
(b) He left Williams alone in the room.
(c) He helped Williams escape.
(d) He recreated the crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Hildy tell the other reporters he has received as a gift?
2. What does Mrs. Grant tell Peggy and Hildy when she first arrives in Act 2, Part 2?
3. In Act 2, Part 1, what is obvious when comparing Hildy to the other reporters?
4. According to Bensinger, what won't the Sheriff change about the execution of Williams?
5. What does Hildy's response to the fire show in Act 1, Part 3, that some view as contradictory to his other behavior in the play so far?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)