|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kruger say Williams was seen while reporting the story to his paper in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Stealing a car downtown.
(b) Getting on a train at the station.
(c) Boarding a bus downtown.
(d) Robbing a local grocery store.
2. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A liar.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A jealous person.
(d) A thief.
3. Where does the sheriff say his men have cornered Williams in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A house on Clark Street.
(b) At the bus station.
(c) A house on Fifth Street.
4. What kind of money does Hildy tell the reporters he will be making at his new job?
(a) The same money.
(b) No money.
(c) Less money.
(d) Good money.
5. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He is well dressed and groomed.
(b) He isn't wearing a hat.
(c) He needs a haircut soon.
(d) He is a mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff say will never happen when the psychiatrist examines Williams?
2. How are most of the reporters depicted in Act 1, Part 1?
3. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
4. What technique do the playwrights use to illustrate Hildy's character in Act 1, Part 3?
5. In response to the sheriff's threat, what does Hildy reveal as blackmail?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)