|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are several reporters doing when the play opens in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Interviewing a suspect.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Playing poker.
(d) Telling jokes.
2. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The evidence against Williams.
(b) Williams's last meal.
(c) The interview he had with Williams.
(d) Williams's previous criminal record.
3. What does Burns say he will help Mrs. Schlosser with in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Finding a good lawyer.
(c) Talking to the other reporters.
4. When does Mollie say she saw Williams in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The day before the shooting.
(b) One hour before the shooting.
(c) Two days before the shooting.
(d) Three hours before the shooting.
5. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) An unpredictable life.
(b) An exciting life.
(c) A lousy life.
(d) A great life that he will miss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennie ask the reporters at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
2. In Act 1, Part 2, what do some of the reporters think Louie is lacking?
3. What job does Hildy tell the reporters he is quitting the paper for?
4. What does Louie think about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What reason does Mollie give for seeing Williams before the shooting?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)