|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) An exciting life.
(b) An unpredictable life.
(c) A lousy life.
(d) A great life that he will miss.
2. What does Hildy hear as he comes into the press room in Act 2, Part 1?
(b) McCue and Murphy arguing.
(c) The phone ringing.
(d) The sheriff yelling at his deputy.
3. What does Hildy's response to the fire show in Act 1, Part 3, that some view as contradictory to his other behavior in the play so far?
(a) His desire to help people in need.
(b) His concern for the other reporters.
(c) His fascination of disasters.
(d) His reporter's instinct.
4. What are the other reporters doing in the background as McCue is talking with the woman in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Laughing at him.
(b) Imitating him.
(c) Making crude comments.
(d) Trying to get his attention.
5. Who is Mrs. Schlosser looking for at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Her husband.
(d) The police sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy offer Jennie in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What city is Hildy's train going to, according to the tickets he shows the other reporters?
3. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
4. How are most of the reporters depicted in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What do the reporters rudely suggest that Mollie is in Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)