|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hildy in Act 2, Part 1, who did Williams shoot once he got a gun?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) The psychiatrist.
(d) Another police officer.
2. According to Bensinger, what won't the Sheriff change about the execution of Williams?
(a) The rule banning all press.
(b) The time.
(c) The judgment.
(d) The decision to make it a public event.
3. Why do the other reporters not believe that Hildy has actually quit when they hear the news in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) They don't think his boss would have let him leave.
(b) They are positive that he is happy with his job.
(c) They think he is making too much money to leave.
(d) They don't think he can do any other job.
4. What group does Bensinger tell his paper will cause an uprising after the execution?
(a) The chamber of commerce.
(b) The city's socialists.
(c) The town council.
(d) The communist party.
5. What is Endicott's version of how Williams escaped?
(a) He had an accomplice who helped him escape.
(b) He overpowered the psychiatrist with a gun and ran into the street.
(c) A tear gas bomb exploded, causing enough of a commotion for him to escape.
(d) He bribed a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy tell Burns about the story he is giving him in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Hildy joke about as McCue is leaving in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What is Kruger, the reporter, doing at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
5. What are several reporters doing when the play opens in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)