|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bensinger, what won't the Sheriff change about the execution of Williams?
(a) The rule banning all press.
(b) The decision to make it a public event.
(c) The time.
(d) The judgment.
2. What does the sheriff say will never happen when the psychiatrist examines Williams?
(a) He will tell everyone that Williams should not be hung.
(b) He will declare a mistrial.
(c) He will find that Williams is not crazy.
(d) He will find that Williams is crazy.
3. What job does Hildy tell the reporters he is quitting the paper for?
(a) A job as a lawyer.
(b) An advertising job.
(c) An accounting job.
(d) A job as a police officer.
4. As we learn in Act 1, Part 1, why is Bensinger protective of his desk?
(a) He recently got a new desk and phone.
(b) He is obsessed with germs.
(c) He is hiding things in the desk drawers.
(d) He doesn't like other reporters reading his files.
5. What does Hildy wonder about the fire in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If it is at the school.
(b) If it is nearby.
(c) If it is at the gallows.
(d) If it has been put out yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the reporters talking about attending in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What is the name of Hildy's paper that he is leaving?
3. What is Jennie cleaning up at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. How much does Hildy tell Burns it cost him to get the full story of Williams' escape?
5. Who was the only person to defend Williams at his trial?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)