|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the loud noise heard outside of the press room in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A police siren.
(b) A car crash.
(c) The testing of the gallows.
(d) A burglary alarm.
2. What kind of money does Hildy tell the reporters he will be making at his new job?
(a) No money.
(b) Less money.
(c) The same money.
(d) Good money.
3. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Not living up to his name.
(b) His inexpensive suit.
(c) Working at a fruit stand.
(d) His weight.
4. Why do the other reporters not believe that Hildy has actually quit when they hear the news in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) They are positive that he is happy with his job.
(b) They think he is making too much money to leave.
(c) They don't think he can do any other job.
(d) They don't think his boss would have let him leave.
5. What are several reporters doing when the play opens in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Reading the newspaper.
(b) Playing poker.
(c) Telling jokes.
(d) Interviewing a suspect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 2, what do some of the reporters think Louie is lacking?
2. Louie states in Act 1, Part 2 that Hildy left for what reason?
3. After the fire alarm rings in Act 1, Part 1, why do the reporters ignore it?
4. The Front Page is set in the press room of which Chicago building?
5. What does the woman report to McCue, the reporter, at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)