|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls looking for Hildy in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The woman McCue was talking with earlier.
(c) Walter Burns.
(d) The Mayor.
2. What does Burns say he will help Mrs. Schlosser with in Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Talking to the other reporters.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Finding a good lawyer.
3. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
(a) Thank you cards.
4. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His weight.
(b) Not living up to his name.
(c) His inexpensive suit.
(d) Working at a fruit stand.
5. What does Louie think about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) It is not worth talking about.
(b) It is a permanent thing.
(c) It is unfair to the paper.
(d) It is not a permanent thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pace does the play set during Act 1, Part 1, particularly where the dialogue is concerned?
2. Why does Williams think the Mayor and city are trying to hang him?
3. As Hildy is introduced in Act 1, Part 3, what is a major difference between him and the other reporters?
4. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
5. How do the reporters act when Jennie enters in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)