|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the other reporters not believe that Hildy has actually quit when they hear the news in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) They don't think he can do any other job.
(b) They are positive that he is happy with his job.
(c) They think he is making too much money to leave.
(d) They don't think his boss would have let him leave.
2. What does Jennie ask the reporters at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If she can clean up.
(b) If she is late.
(c) If she should quit the company.
(d) If they are always this messy.
3. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) A lousy life.
(b) An exciting life.
(c) A great life that he will miss.
(d) An unpredictable life.
4. Who do the reporters tell Hildy is trying to contact him in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) His fiancé.
(b) His brother.
5. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
(a) Thank you cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the conversation between the woman and McCue end in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What comment do the reporters make about Hildy's appearance in Act 1, Part 3?
3. Who does Hildy throw the water on at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
4. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
5. As we learn in Act 1, Part 1, why is Bensinger protective of his desk?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)