|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pace does the play set during Act 1, Part 1, particularly where the dialogue is concerned?
(a) A fast pace with many conversations going on.
(b) A fast pace with average conversation.
(c) A slow pace with many conversations going on.
(d) A slow pace with very little conversation.
2. In Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Schlosser throw when the reporters finally tell her the information she needs to know?
(a) A hat.
(c) A newspaper.
3. Which one of the following is Bensinger reporting on in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The evidence against Williams.
(b) The interview he had with Williams.
(c) Williams's last meal.
(d) Williams's previous criminal record.
4. What do the reporters tease Diamond Louie about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His inexpensive suit.
(b) Working at a fruit stand.
(c) His weight.
(d) Not living up to his name.
5. What does Murphy say the Sheriff and Mayor will get a lot of after the execution?
(d) Thank you cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Williams tell he was innocent, according to Woodenshoe?
2. What does Louie think about Hildy quitting in Act 1, Part 2?
3. The Front Page is set in the press room of which Chicago building?
4. In Act 1, Part 2, what do some of the reporters think Louie is lacking?
5. What is McCue's response to Hildy calling in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)